Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Size: 7-7.5 D(M) US|Color: Black|Change

on December 20, 2010
This is my 3rd pair of ECCO shoes. My first pair is nearly 3 years old and they are holding up extremely well. I have ordered them in various colors because I like them so much. These are among the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever worn. They have a removable liner that ventilates the insoles and keeps you comfortable all day. The soles are synthetic, but very lightweight. Another thing I like about these shoes is how well they hold a shine. These shoes are easy to care for. I rarely take the time to shine them the old fashioned way because they look very good with just a quick wipe with the sponge-type shoeshine. The only negative thing I could say is that of the 3 pair that I own, the size/fit is a bit inconsistant....maybe less than 1/4 size variation.
on April 18, 2011
I've had a brown pair for nearly a year and an identical black pair for longer. These are fantastic shoes - light, durable, still look quite good after being near-daily wearers for a while now. The also do well in rain due to the rubber sole. My only gripe is that they squeak on the linoleum or faux-tile floors at my work. Nobody likes being the squeaky shoe guy in the cubicle farm, but if these things keep ticking, I'll keep being that guy. They look great, feel great, are light, and they don't die.
on October 17, 2012
I am on my feet much of the day as a High School Principal. I cannot tell you how comfortable these shoes are! They look great and feel wonderful; very light, but supportive. This is the first pair of Ecco shoes I bought, but it won't be the last! I have had them one week and my feet feel great at the end of 12 hour days, soccer games, meetings and walking the building.
Ecco Helsinki - Black, Bicycle Toe, Lace-up

I purchased a pair of EUR 45 Helsinki's from the local Walking Company store after they fitted me with their Orthotic arch support insoles. I found that the standard Ecco insoles weren't that cushy or comfortable. With the Walking Company orthotics, they gave a much better feel for long periods of time.

The Helsinki is supposed to sport Ecco's special direct injected polyurethane soles, which is my primary driver for purchasing Ecco. A co-worker did a research project on Ecco for her final assignment in the MBA program and raved about how long-lasting the soles are. Doing some independent research, I found a few complaints about hydrolysis from the Ecco soles but only from people that rarely wore their Ecco shoes. I plan to wear these on a daily basis for work, and my experience has been that I will burn through heels/soles within 1-2 years no matter if they are cheap Cherokee shoes from Target or expensive shoes from clothing stores. I don't like leather soles or stiff soles because I need to be able to feel the pedals while driving a manual transmission car.

The Ecco soles are polyurethane but they are also inherently soft and pliable. I am able to wear them for 8-9 hours a day in the office and not complain about them being too hot or uncomfortable. The Ecco Helsinki is lined on the inside with a 3D mesh similar to what backpack manufacturers use for the part that touches your back for improved ventilation. Alpinestars uses this 3D mesh for the inside of their leather motorcycle racing suits and claims it is an anti-bacterial design that promotes ventilation. I find that the same holds true for the Ecco Helsinki as my feet never felt overly sweaty in the heat and I didn't feel the typical "vacuum" feel when wearing unlined leather shoes.

The leather is of a decent quality, and takes a good enough shine using bees wax or Lexol conditioner. Ecco is supposed to be vertically integrated, so they manufacture and process all of their materials and products, so even if it is made in China or Europe, they should all be made by Ecco. The soles are noticeably thicker than your standard rubber soles, and it awaits to be seen whether hydrolysis will cause the soles to deteriorate or wear out faster. For the price, the Ecco's are very nice and blow the competition out of the water.

Overall: 4/5 stars, great overall design, not bad for the price, but hopefully the tread doesn't break apart, the included insoles aren't that good
on January 10, 2014
I have been looking for something that would be comfortable all day long. I used to have a lot of success with Rockports, but not the last couple of years. I have a bad back, so comfortable shoes are a must. But I just don't have $350+ to spend on high end shoes. I have been wearing black low cut sneakers for the last year or 2 to work, because I just can't find comfortable shoes in my price range. When i read all of the good reviews on this particular shoe, I figured, What do I have to lose. I have been wearing them for a week now, and they are so comfortable, sometimes they don't immediately come off when I get home, as all of my dress shoes always have, and they look fantastic. They go with any look, jeans, dockers, suits, etc... As long as they last over time, and I imagine they do based on reviews here, I have found my shoe. I will just keep ordering these. I usually do not even do reviews, but had to for these shoes.
on October 14, 2013
I'm a pilot and have some unique demands for work shoes. These Ecco's are high quality and fit the bill nearly perfectly.

They are comfortable - not too stiff, not too soft (which can translate to less pedal feel). I never had achy feet or any discomfort after a 13 hour day.

They are durable. After four years of wearing 3-5 days per week, through puddles of water, snow, and toxic fluids like deice, ice melt, and the occasional splash of fuel, they finally gave out after four years... the leather started separating from the sole in two places. The sole itself and the leather are in excellent condition. I replaced the laces once.

The sole is grippy enough, even on slick rainy surfaces. I did tend to slide around from time to time (and slipped once) on packed snow and ice though - not a great choice for those conditions.

They pass through a metal detector. No hassles at airport security (federal buildings, etc) if you are in the right work group, age group, or if they change their ridiculous shoes-off policy.

Along with a professional look at work, these shoes look great with jeans for something more casual. They can hold a shine, but you won't get a mirror polish out of them. They look good shined up. The leather on the toes would tend to get scuffed up and at times I thought it looked like permanent damage, but a good shoe shine would take care of it.

I think it's easy to justify the price with all the positives. They lasted me twice as long as my previous pair of work shoes, which were half the price of these. But the comfort after a long day of wear is far superior with Ecco.

I'm on here to buy the Ecco New Jersey this time around, basically the same shoe but I like the looks a little more.
on March 20, 2015
I really liked these shoes but had to send them back for exchange. I wear a size 12 so I ordered the 46 (12-12.5) but these were way too large for me. My big toe was an easy 1-1/4" from the tip of the shoe. Guy at work wears them like this and in time his shoes curl up so he ends up looking like a leprechaun. lol. I am currently waiting for size 45. As far as the build quality goes they seem top notch and well made. Very comfortable. Leather and the stretching look great. Hope the next pair fits!

Update: just received the replacement pair, size 45, perfect fit! (Again I am a size 12)
on September 1, 2014
These are my go to shoes for work and I've bought a few over the last 4 years. They are very comfortable, but they used to be better, until a few years ago when they made their insoles out of cheaper material. Now the insoles aren't as cushioned and comfortable like before. Another thing I noticed is my most recent pair wore around the ankle very fast (white started showing) and I don't remember this happening with my previous shoes.

One thing to note while ordering is that they run a size big, so I always have to order a size smaller than what I normally get.
on May 4, 2015
Not the same quality as my previous pair of ECCO Helsinki.

I purchased a black pair of Helsinkis from a small local shoe store about 6 years ago and they are still going strong. I usually wear them to work multiple times a week. Since I have enjoyed these shoes so much I decided to purchase a pair of Rust colored Helsinkis off Amazon so I could enjoy the same comfort when wearing my brown pants.

As I compare my black pair (purchased from a local store) and this brown pair (purchased on Amazon) I notice a few things.
1. The stitching on the back heal of my black pair is one solid piece of leather vs the rust pair has a seam going directly down the back.
2. The sole of the rust pair seems to be wearing at a faster rate than my black pair.
3. The black wording on the leather insole is still clearly visible on my black pair (which I have had for 6 years) vs the wording already worn off on the rust pair (which I have had for 9 months).
4. The fit and comfort seem to be comparable, but based on wear I believe the rust pair is not quite up to the same quality as my black pair.

Conclusion: I'm not sure if these shoes where made in different factories or simply the design and quality has changed over the last 5 years, but if I were to buy this shoe again I would go to a physical location to determine the quality before purchasing.
My black pair has been my favorite dress shoe since I bought them and I would rate the product I bought 6 years ago at 5 stars.
The shoe purchased from Amazon I would give 3.5 stars.
on March 13, 2015
There is something wrong at the bottom of the shoes。when it's raining ,the water will go into the shoes。How terrible!
review image review image