5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Dress Shoes
Published on December 20, 2010 by Jazz

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for a better fit...
This shoe is nice, but pricey. I saw this european shoe in Shoe Gallery. I wear a size 7.5M and the smallest they had was an 8-8.5M (42 EU). Obviously, it was too big, but it wasn't too narrow like many shoes are today. So I ordered the 7-7.5M (41 EU) on Amazon Prime. It is certainly a nice looking, well constructed shoe. However it runs big, but long and wide. Since it...
Published 1 month ago by MARC REEVES SR

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Dress Shoes, December 20, 2010
This is my 3rd pair of ECCO shoes. My first pair is nearly 3 years old and they are holding up extremely well. I have ordered them in various colors because I like them so much. These are among the most comfortable dress shoes I have ever worn. They have a removable liner that ventilates the insoles and keeps you comfortable all day. The soles are synthetic, but very lightweight. Another thing I like about these shoes is how well they hold a shine. These shoes are easy to care for. I rarely take the time to shine them the old fashioned way because they look very good with just a quick wipe with the sponge-type shoeshine. The only negative thing I could say is that of the 3 pair that I own, the size/fit is a bit inconsistant....maybe less than 1/4 size variation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, just buy them, April 18, 2011
Amazon Customer (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
I've had a brown pair for nearly a year and an identical black pair for longer. These are fantastic shoes - light, durable, still look quite good after being near-daily wearers for a while now. The also do well in rain due to the rubber sole. My only gripe is that they squeak on the linoleum or faux-tile floors at my work. Nobody likes being the squeaky shoe guy in the cubicle farm, but if these things keep ticking, I'll keep being that guy. They look great, feel great, are light, and they don't die.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, great looking professional shoes, extremely competitive pricing especially for all the features!, August 27, 2011
Ecco Helsinki - Black, Bicycle Toe, Lace-up

I purchased a pair of EUR 45 Helsinki's from the local Walking Company store after they fitted me with their Orthotic arch support insoles. I found that the standard Ecco insoles weren't that cushy or comfortable. With the Walking Company orthotics, they gave a much better feel for long periods of time.

The Helsinki is supposed to sport Ecco's special direct injected polyurethane soles, which is my primary driver for purchasing Ecco. A co-worker did a research project on Ecco for her final assignment in the MBA program and raved about how long-lasting the soles are. Doing some independent research, I found a few complaints about hydrolysis from the Ecco soles but only from people that rarely wore their Ecco shoes. I plan to wear these on a daily basis for work, and my experience has been that I will burn through heels/soles within 1-2 years no matter if they are cheap Cherokee shoes from Target or expensive shoes from clothing stores. I don't like leather soles or stiff soles because I need to be able to feel the pedals while driving a manual transmission car.

The Ecco soles are polyurethane but they are also inherently soft and pliable. I am able to wear them for 8-9 hours a day in the office and not complain about them being too hot or uncomfortable. The Ecco Helsinki is lined on the inside with a 3D mesh similar to what backpack manufacturers use for the part that touches your back for improved ventilation. Alpinestars uses this 3D mesh for the inside of their leather motorcycle racing suits and claims it is an anti-bacterial design that promotes ventilation. I find that the same holds true for the Ecco Helsinki as my feet never felt overly sweaty in the heat and I didn't feel the typical "vacuum" feel when wearing unlined leather shoes.

The leather is of a decent quality, and takes a good enough shine using bees wax or Lexol conditioner. Ecco is supposed to be vertically integrated, so they manufacture and process all of their materials and products, so even if it is made in China or Europe, they should all be made by Ecco. The soles are noticeably thicker than your standard rubber soles, and it awaits to be seen whether hydrolysis will cause the soles to deteriorate or wear out faster. For the price, the Ecco's are very nice and blow the competition out of the water.

Overall: 4/5 stars, great overall design, not bad for the price, but hopefully the tread doesn't break apart, the included insoles aren't that good

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I imagined, October 17, 2012
I am on my feet much of the day as a High School Principal. I cannot tell you how comfortable these shoes are! They look great and feel wonderful; very light, but supportive. This is the first pair of Ecco shoes I bought, but it won't be the last! I have had them one week and my feet feel great at the end of 12 hour days, soccer games, meetings and walking the building.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Comfortable, January 10, 2014
Scott Magyar (PHILADELPHIA, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for something that would be comfortable all day long. I used to have a lot of success with Rockports, but not the last couple of years. I have a bad back, so comfortable shoes are a must. But I just don't have $350+ to spend on high end shoes. I have been wearing black low cut sneakers for the last year or 2 to work, because I just can't find comfortable shoes in my price range. When i read all of the good reviews on this particular shoe, I figured, What do I have to lose. I have been wearing them for a week now, and they are so comfortable, sometimes they don't immediately come off when I get home, as all of my dress shoes always have, and they look fantastic. They go with any look, jeans, dockers, suits, etc... As long as they last over time, and I imagine they do based on reviews here, I have found my shoe. I will just keep ordering these. I usually do not even do reviews, but had to for these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and supportive, April 10, 2014
I have a pair of Ecco sandals, which influenced this purchase. I'm heavy, flat-footed, and would rather walk around in athletic shoes any day of the week. These work marvelously; I feel like I can walk around all day with them on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, good all day shoe, April 24, 2013
If you are a big man who is tough on your clothes these might be the perfect shoe for you. They look great on my husband and he loves how they feel. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Car Salesman, buying first ECCO Mens Helsinki Lace Up., November 8, 2012
These are my first Ecco I have purchased. I received them today and have put them on.

1. Many posts have stated that they do not need to be broken in. So true, generally shoes that need to be broken in, tends to bother you at the top of the foot. These feel comfortable right off the bat.

2. Looks: well pictures on web are true, shoes are very shiny and definitely can wear these for business and casual.

3. Comfortableness. I have been wearing them for 3 hours to see if they get to hot and how they feel when I walk. Well I am truly impressed anD satisfied. The heel to toe movement is very comfortable and ran to see how the heel felt and definitely will say that there is cushioning there.

These shoes have been recommended to me by many people and many have stated that they have had them for years. They choose this brand because of comfortableness and longevity. Especially when you are walking on the asphalt all day long these hold up great is what I am told.

So far 5 stars, will update if these do not hold up as per other posts.

4.0 out of 5 stars shoes for great price, October 14, 2012
we're very happy with these shoes the quality seems to be great i received 20% off for signing up for emails so the price was great too.
it appears nice and sleek on the foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Footwear Purchase, January 11, 2015
I purchased the ECCO Helinski to wear during CES 2015. If you are not familiar with CES, it's the Consumer Electronic Show in Vegas than spans the Vegas Convention Center (in its entirety), Westgate (the old Hilton), the Sands Expo center and the Venetian. Needless to say, it's quite a bit of walking. With these shoes, I put in a good 25 miles, which included the new and old Vegas strips. I have never been more pleased with a pair of shoes. These exceeded my expectations by not only being very comfortable, but also having a terrific amount of support. Not only are they perfect for a ton of walking, they are also quite professional looking. I would absolutely recommend them.

The only worry I have is they seem to show a very slight wear after a little over a week. Granted the particular week had a lot more walking than normal, it still makes me a bit wary of how they will hold up in the long term. Not enough to take off a star, but enough to mention.

All in all, if you are in need of professional looking footwear for a trade show or expo, these would be perfect.