5.0 out of 5 stars Just great shoes.
I work in a research lab and am always on my feet. These shoes have the ability to look nice and still not feel like dress shoes. I have never felt the need to rush and take them off as I have with other dress shoes. Basically they are lightweight and comfortable enough to handle being worn by someone who stands all day.
Also, I live in NYC and you wouldn't even...
Published on October 31, 2010 by J. White

2.0 out of 5 stars The Decline of Ecco
Published on April 29, 2012 by W. Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great shoes., October 31, 2010
Also, I live in NYC and you wouldn't even know by looking at these shoes how much I wear them. They are such great quality that the New York sidewalks have yet to put a serious scratch on them. I do try to keep them polished and protected with leather guard, but I honestly wonder how necessary it is.
Buy these shoes; you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!, May 31, 2012
I bought these shoes as i left to serve a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 2010 - 2012, where i wore them at least 10 hours 6 days out of every week. Not only were they the most comfortable shoes i had, they lasted the full two years! i still wear them!
I walked countless miles in these shoes and biked nearly 6,000 miles in them (i know because i have a odometer attached to my bike). i know that these shoes are not cheap, but they are worth it! in the long run they are cheaper than other shoes that don't last more than a year in such harsh conditions.
Thank you ECCO for quality that actually out live the warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost 6 years of wear....time for a new pair!, February 18, 2010
I bought my pair when we moved to NYC in 2004. I walked all over the city in them...work and play. They are the best shoe I have owned. I am buying a new pair this week. I paid less than $30 a year for these shoes!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Decline of Ecco, April 29, 2012
W. Benson (McLean, VA USA) - See all my reviews
Ecco has decided to move down market, using cheaper materials and construction. The welt (where the shoe is joined to the sole)on two pair I bought recently was glued rather than sewn (as they were in the past), which looks cheap. The quality of the soles has declined; they're thinner and more uneven. There's no comparison between the old Helsinkis I had and the new ones I bought to replace them. I sent them back. I've been buying Eccos for years, but no more. What a pity.

3.0 out of 5 stars Still confortable but lower quality, June 6, 2012
Ben (Mountain View CA, US) - See all my reviews
I tried many slip-on with the same style and those ecco were the most confortable, nevertheless, when I compare the materials to the same model few years back (a colleague owns an older pair of Helsinki) it looks definitely cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, November 8, 2012
Tony17 (Alpharetta, GA) - See all my reviews
The fit and feel of this shoe is excellent. The quality of the leather is very good, as expected. I usually wear a size 10 1/2 in most shoes but as most of you can attest, not all shoe sizes are alike. Having a wide foot, I first ordered a size 45/11-11.5 thinking the extra length would allow for a more comfortable fit (width wise). Boy was I wrong. They were way too large so I returned for a size 44/10-1.0.5 and these fit perfect. I was surprised by how true to size the shoe was. While not a true "wide" shoe it was just wide enough to provide very nice comfort. So far I can't find anything I dislike about this shoe. I would definitely buy this shoe again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never tried slip-ons before, October 6, 2010
Sean J. Miles (Waterford, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ECCO Men's Helsinki Slip-On (Apparel)
I've always either worn dress shoes or deck-tops to work, and decided I would try slip-ons. I went with Ecco from my past footwear of theirs I've owned. I went with the Helsinki because I wanted something dressy enough that they would not stand out as loafers or too casual. Having never worn slip-ons before, I was worried they would always be falling off. When I first tried them on I thought I was correct in my assumption. However after the first day, I never thought about it again. The fact that I work in one of the largest office buildings in the world was also not lost me, and after several months, I can truly say that these shoes are extremely comfortable and durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, comfortable shoe, September 8, 2009
ML (Pleasanton, CA) - See all my reviews
First off, I'm a big guy (250+ lbs), and this shoe is very comfortable. I use it as an everyday work shoe (although I alternate between black and brown). Fits a little snugger than the brown pair I have, and I need a shoe horn to put on, but still very good fit. I'm guessing I'll purchase again once these wear out.

4.0 out of 5 stars great shoe!, October 2, 2012
Comfortable, attractive shoe.

ONE THING: Many of the comments/reviews I read on ECCOs insist that you must buy a size down. DO NOT do this. They don't necessarily run that large. I size a 12E. If I hadn't bought the 46 (equivalent to US size 12-12.5), then I wouldn't have been able to wear the shoe.

It starts a bit tight at the center and rear of the foot. Hugs that area, but broke in nicely in a day or so. Fits fine. In the forward portion of the shoe, there is just enough room.

POINT: don't buy a size down. Just buy your size precisely, and enjoy your shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Professional Work Shoe Ever Made, January 27, 2014
Jason Perez (Costa Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been working in the professional environment for over seven years now. The thing is that my job is labor intensive, but I still have to look professional (Tie, slacks, ...etc.). EVERY shoe I have bought prior to ECCO has a limit of six months then I have to toss them for falling apart. I have tried Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Clarks, Sketchers,... the list goes on. Shoes that only cost me $30 and shoes that cost me $250. Every one has a limit of around six months. I have had my ECCOs for over a year and a half now and only the inserts have had to be replaced. The leather did fade slightly but nothing a little boot polish could not fix. So lasting this long alone is worth the 5 stars. Where I would rate the shoes even higher is because of the comfort. These shoes feel like sneakers, but look like traditional slip-ons. The only way where people could tell that these shoes have a rubber sole is if it rains and my shoes squeak on the tile. But I would prefer a little squeak rather than a hard fall if I were using leather soles.

So to sum up my review if you want a shoe that is extremely comfortable and that will last you, ECCO is well worth the amount they charge. If you have to wear shoes like these every day like I do you WILL spend more over time if you pick any other brand.

Rate and Discover Movies