Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ECCO Men's Seawalker Tie Oxford,Rust,43 EU (US Men's 9-9.5 M)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 43 M EU / 9-9.5 D(M) US|Color: Rust|Change
Price:$179.90

on December 4, 2006
They carry a high price tag but these shoes are worth every dime.

They mould to your foot like no other shoe I've ever had.

Have you ever had an old pair of shoes around and kept them depsite the fact they were all worn and tattered but they felt so good you didn't want to part with them?

Well these shoes fell that good practically out of the box.

I bought them for hiking and I can do more miles with less discomfort than with ANY other pair of shoes I've ever had.

They will last long enough for you to think that these are the LEAST expensive shoes you've ever had.

Highly recommended.
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2009
I own a couple of pair of Ecco shoes. The Seawalker Tie pair are about 4 years old and have spent most of the time sitting in my closet. I estimate that I've worn the shoes about 2 or 3 times a month on average. I really like the way they feel, good support for walking.

Last week, I selected these shoes to wear on a shopping trip to the mall. During the trip I felt something different on the bottom of the shoes and discovered that I had a large hole in the bottom of both shoes. After returning home, removing the shoes and inspecting them, I discovered large cracks in the soles, from heal to toe, with a large section of missing sole in middle of both shoes.

I took pictures to show that the tops of the shoes still look good but the soles contain major deterioration. But amazon.com does not allow the posting of pictures - - just video??

Bottom line - I have really liked these shoes. And, I know every manufacturing company experiences an occasional quality problem, but the durability problems with the soles of the Ecco Men's Seawalker Tie was not what I expected from Ecco, even after 4 years.
2424 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2007
This is my third pair of ECCO shoes and I am again very satisfied. This style passes for a casual dress work shoe yet won't look ridiculous if worn with a pair of jeans. Great for travel when you only want to pack one pair of shoes. In fact I slipped them on and headed for the airport.

Somehow Ecco manage to create a comfortable soft leather shoe that lasts.
on April 30, 2015
I bought a pair of these shoes three years ago prior to a vacation trip. Wanted walking shoes that also looked a little dressy. My wife and I walked all over Paris - I estimate I put about 35 miles on them that week. I've been wearing them regularly every since. The soles are just beginning to wear out. These are, for me, good-looking, comfortable, durable shoes. I love 'em!

5/2/2015:

My new pair of these shoes arrived today. The old ones look almost as good, and are still wearable. They're leather shoes (old and new) but I've never polished the old ones.

I told my wife I should have waited another year, but after three years and (I'd guess) a couple hundred miles or more of walking, some wear is beginning to develop in the heels. I'll just keep on using the old ones until they have holes in the soles, then switch to the new ones. I should get seven or eight years out of the two pairs.

They just go on and on. I can't recommend these shoes highly enough - really they're the best shoes I've ever owned, including a couple of pairs of Mephistos at almost twice the price.
review image
on August 22, 2010
I've owned Ecco shoes for years. I was always impressed by how well they were assembled and how long they lasted. This pair is different. The insole has come loose and the stitching is failing. I will think twice before considering this brand again. For the price I expect top quality, not cheapo stuff.
on October 14, 2011
Ecco makes a fine and well fitted upper leather on its shoes but has a chronic problem getting its soles not to disintegrate. I have a pair of Ecco shoes and one day they started to get sticky on the bottom the the sole just started to fall apart in large peices. Expensive, nice looking, well fitting junk.
on September 5, 2011
Had a pair of these shoes 3 years and all of a sudden the soles started chunking and literally melting. Wrote to ECCO and got 0 (ZERO) response, never again, for the money, I'll try another brand. Do a search for "melting ecco shoes" LOTS of problems! [...]

ECCO Internet Inc.
16 Delta Dr
Londonderry, NH 03053
55 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2008
This pair of shoes replaced a pair that I had been wearing for five years or so. They were comfortable, looked good enough for the intended purpose, and durable, so I really saw no reason to change. I expect the new pair to be of the same quality and to last as long. In my opinion, these shoes are a great value.
on July 24, 2008
These were the first "grown up" shoes I bought. That was seven years ago! They're still comfortable and looking good enough for business casual. Very comfortable for daily wear, and pretty good for walking and even light hiking. If these ever wear out, my next pair will definately be Ecco and probably the same style.
on November 29, 2014
I previously had (still have) this same shoe. It have worn it almost every day for the last 15+ years and the only sign of wear was on the top of the heel end of the shoe, and that is very minor. This shoe is so comfortable you can put it on right out of the box and wear it every day with no discomfort.