Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ECCO Men's Track II Mid Gore-Tex Boot,Bison,44 EU (US Men's 10-10.5 M)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 44 M EU / 10-10.5 D(M) US|Color: Bison-Bison|Change
Price:$206.73+ Free shipping

on May 23, 2009
In these boots, I feel like I can walk three times as far, in half the time. I don't know what the exact increase is, but I can walk noticeably further in these over any other hiker or shoe I've compared them to. They seem to delay the onset of fatigue.

Not only that, but I swear my footing is better as well. On those now rarer occasions when I do lose my footing, I honestly feel as if I have better control through the incident. I suspect that the combination of the tread pattern and the very soft material on the sole are the main reason why the handling of these boots seem so much better than others.

A lot of reviews complain about rapid sole wear. It's well known softer tires wear down fast, but have superior grip. It's the same thing here. They have a very soft grippy material most shoes don't have. If you're primarily walking on concrete, you should seriously consider that.

When I got my first pair, I worked in a corporate environment where my day was running around the different carpeted floors of the building. I also drove to that job. At that time, I was also seriously trail hiking(10+ mile hikes twice a week or more when I could do it) and doing some backpacking. I hiked all around northern california trails. The wear at that time seemed very slow.

When I started wearing them in a job that involved me walking between 8 different buildings over concrete throughout the day, every day, as well as doing 8 block walks between agencies in the city on an every other day basis, the soles disintegrated. I also wasn't hiking at all during this time. It seemed about the same amount of walking, but what I was walking on chewed them up.

As these are not marketed as daily wear shoes for urban/suburban life, I don't think it's reasonable to fault them for that "limitation". That's like buying a 4WD offroad vehicle and then complaining about how fast the knobbies wear down when you use it for commuting on the road. For that reason, I didn't even consider that when I gave my 5 star rating. Had I, I would have made it a 4 star instead, because the comfort and handling of these boots override other considerations for me. They are THAT good.

I just recently picked up my second pair of these. My first pair wasn't made in china, these are. There was a touch of tightness around the balls of my feet the first pair didn't have(12 years earlier and 45 lbs lighter), but no pain or ciriculation restriction. The tightness faded with hours of walking. Other than that, they feel EXACTLY the same as before, with the same great toe space area that no other boot gets right for me.

As for the quality of the new boot, time will tell. I got 7 years of good service out of my last pair. They appear to be just as high quality as before. In fact, they actually improved the design in one important(for me) way... The top four lacing hooks on my last pair all used to be "open" so that you would wrap the lace around it, rather than running a lace through something. I would often miss the bottom hooks when tying these in a hurry. Now the bottoms have been closed off so that they are laced through, and I like that layout A LOT better.

The last few years, I didn't have a pair of eccos as we had just had our kids and I was in ultra budget mode when it came to stuff for myself. In that time, I developed chronic low back and foot pain. Within 5 minutes of walking around in these(tightness and all) the foot pain was gone. After about a half hour of walking in them, the low back pain was gone.

I had read other reviews on the net where people claimed that, but it sounded dubious till I experienced it myself. If I put on my old shoes, or walk around barefoot on our hard tile floor, the pain comes back, but if I put these boots on, it begins to go away again.

These Eccos have made me realize that the "good deal" shoes I've been buying haven't been doing me any favors. Enduring chronic pain to save 150 bucks is nuts. It's not indulgence or wasting your money when it's a basic quality of life issue like that. Smiles for your kids and everyone else come a lot easier when your back isn't in a knot and your feet don't feel like someone took a bat to the bottom of them. A small price to pay for peace.

These boots are worth every penny.
on July 8, 2012
Like many people writing reviews of ECCO shoes, I have been a fan of theirs for 20 years, if not more. Sorry to say that in the last few years, I have experienced quality issues with ECCO, primarily with the sole and occasionally, fit. My experience has not been as dramatic as some here, where the sole suddenly disintegrates or performs a disappearing act in the closet after one month of wear. Rather, I noticed that within six months of purchase the soles of my shoes and boots showed grey-black dots, about the size of a pencil eraser. At first I thought I had stepped in something inky, but upon closer examination I realized that the dots were actually holes in the sole, disintegrating from within. The dark spot was merely the outside skin of the sole had not (yet) disintegrated. Of course that inevitably wore off or fell off, and I was left with two pairs of boots and two pairs of Track II shoes in various stages of sole disintegration. I should say that not all of my shoes were in equal disrepair. One just had a few "dots". But the boots were a disaster. Moreover, I also noticed that the seam between the sole and shoe had started to crack and come apart on one of the Track II shoes -- alarming. I had several pairs repaired via the mail in service (Nushoe) but those soles wear out as any other type of sole, so I felt that I had not enjoyed the durability that ECCO once promised, in exchange for premium pricing. I am very hesitant now about purchasing ECCO, and feel disappointed that I must say that.
on January 6, 2009
This will be my second pair of ECCO Men's Track II High boots. I will start out by saying that they are very comfortable and the uppers are bullet proof. The weak link is the sole. It is an injected/molded design which cannot be replaced (with same design). The outer material wears quickly, exposing the black injected foam. Once this happens, the sole will wear quickly and the boot will have to be re-soled. When I sent mine to Ecco, they charged me $75.00 and replaced the sole with a hard Vibram sole. Completely changed the characteristics of the boot....no longer a "cushy" ride! Contacted Ecco customer support and got noooo response. Opposite of Keen which will do anything to make their customers happy.....disappointing!
on December 23, 2006
I am a 5'6" woman courier for FedEx and am on my 4th pair of ecco boots. Women's boots are too flimsy and in and out of a truck 100+ times a day, I need ankle support that women's boots do not provide. Each pair of eccos have lasted 12 months or more! The other day my manager was complaining that he needed a new pair of boots and he proceeded to show me the soles of his 6 month old shoes (mind you he does not put on nearly the mileage, on his boots, that I do) that he'd paid $70 for and the tread was completely gone in places. My boots on the other hand, which I've had over 12 months, show lots of tread left. He balked at the $200 price, but for me these are worth every penny. They are light weight and do not require a break in period. I prefer the Track II High style the other style I did try but returned because they did rub.
on December 22, 2015
These boots used to be very high quality and worth $200+ - The quality has been totally sacrificed and this is now a $30 value. Within 3 months this boots stitching has unraveled creating a hole on the top of the boot. The color has faded and it looks like a 3 year old boot. The support this boot used to provide is non-existent. Someone made serious money saving changes to this product and they will be losing customers for sure. My husband has worn this boot (or variation of this boot) for the past 20 years. His foot was injured in a motorcycle accident and he must wear a high quality, supportive boot. This is no longer that boot.
on January 1, 2013
[...] This should be readily available public knowledge for anyone looking to purchase this shoe. After all, it is your hard earned money that you are shelling out to them. They make the soles in a way that they fail early on so you are tied into a repair or "reconditioning" fee. wrong wrong wrong. ECCO = FAIL
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2011
First off, I like Ecco shoes and probably among the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. If not for the deteriorating sole, I would rate this 5-stars.

I bought mine couple of years ago and wore it probably 5 times. This weekend it is cold and raining and I decided to wear it. About an hour later I noticed that my foot is not feeling right but I ignored it. After a while, I checked the shoes and the sole literally is breaking apart. A few chunks as big as 1" x 1/2" x 1/4" can be seen along my trail (and I was just shopping in Costco)! I got home and checked the sole...inside it looks like a soft almost clumpy/powdery foam and once the rubbery outer shell started to break, the rest just falls apart.

I am very disappointed with the quality especially for the price I paid for it. I will never recommend Ecco until they change their sole material.
on September 26, 2015
These are excellect the boots for wearing all day, I wear them for 12-14 hours and they are great. Rain or snow I haven't had any leaking issues, but your feet do get cold in the snow unless your wearing winter wool socks. Also I've added arch and heal supports in mine as the insoles they come with are a bit thin. The best boots were the the original mock toe Ecco Track boots but they have been discontinued for quite some time.
on December 28, 2007
I have a pair of ecco high gore tex boots purchased six or seven years ago which I really like and the quality and workmanship is second to none, the new ones are not the same, being outsourced to China was not a good thing to do to the customers who want high quality and comfort that we were used to in ECCO products..
on February 17, 2015
I have been wearing the Ecco Track II boot for the last 8 years or so, and am on my 3rd pair - they are one of my favorite pairs of shoes - they're comfortable, solid, fairly durable and nice looking. My father was a huge fan of Ecco's and led me to try them, and I haven't gone back!

However, this is not really a review specifically of the boots. This is more a review of the seller - ATCsince1945 (Andy Thornal Company). These folks are absolutely top-notch. I purchased a pair of these Ecco Track boots in July of 2014 through Amazon. Over the last several months, the edging of the sole began pulling loose from the leather. I dropped ATCsince1945 a line with a picture of the problem asking if the boots were still in warranty. My hope was that maybe the company would help me get Ecco to repair them for me or that maybe ATCsince1945 would be able to give me some credit toward a new pair.

To my surprise and delight, within 24 hours I got an email from Lester at Andy Thornal Company telling me to return the boot to them and they would replace it! I boxed them up and shipped them to the address Lester provided, and a week later I had a box with a brand new pair of boots in it! I was thrilled and flabbergasted - it's getting harder and harder to find companies that will stand behind their sales like this and am very impressed by the attention to the needs of the customer - no haggling, no argument - just concern that their customer was happy. I would have been happy with sharing the cost of a new boot since I had worn them for quite a few months. The solution ATCsince1945 provided was beyond my expectations. I absolutely would and will buy from these folks again. They are exceptional sellers and it's very clear to me why their feedback score is so high. You simply will not be disappointed by the service they provide. Their selling of high-end products like the Ecco boots and shoes makes for a very good combination.

I strongly recommend this seller! Thank you, Lester and Andy Thornal Company - Great job!