5.0 out of 5 stars Echo is the best!
Published on September 5, 2010 by John K

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed
Published on September 25, 2010 by M. Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
I purchased an Echo Leaf Blower Model PB-500H last spring which I thought was one of their higher end models. Unfortunately, after using the blower just one season (about 10 times) it would not start. I took the machine in to an authorized repair shop. In order to head off any charges I showed the receipt and told them it couldn't be a "fuel" related problem. I have been using power tools for 20 years and know how to mix the gas and oil.

When I went to pick it up they said it was a "fuel" related problem and I had to pay $101.76. I will never purchase another Echo and would advise anyone else to stay far away from them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in Echo service, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
We have had our leaf blower for 6 months. It was used 4 times. The last time it was used, it started to bog down like it needed more gas. I turned it off to check, it wasn't that. Tried to start it up again, it wouldn't start, at all. Thought it might be the plug, so we got a new one. That wasn't it neither. Took it back to Home Depot. They called after having it a month to say that we must have used straight gas. We've used gas powered tools for 30 years. They said the piston was seized, yet the cord pulls fine. Very disappointed in Echo, that they won't stand behind their products. This was the model PB265LN. Paid almost $300 new. They said it would be $250 to fix it. They did NOTHING, but blame us. What good is the warranty when they weasel their way out?
Don & Chris Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Echo is the best!, September 5, 2010
John K (Germantown, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
Tired of dragging a long extension cord around while using an electric leaf blower? Get an Echo gas-powered, best there is out there (ask any pro). Don't be fooled by the heavier (over electric) weight and apparently less blowing power. This blower is powerful, quiet, and starts easily. Unlike the light electrics that throw a (tire-you-out) recoil force back at you, the heavier Echo absorbs the back push and is thus less tiring and more comfortable to use. Works great on light snow as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Echo Is Nothing But Problems, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
I only had an Echo backpack blower for 2 years and the piston seized up, rendering it useless. Yes, I had fresh gas and the proper gas/oil mixture!! It looks like a small piece of metal might of shaved off and seized it. I would not recommend Echo. I have had other problems with their commercial trimmers.

5.0 out of 5 stars echo and stihl, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
Some feed back---I have the BG56C Stihl and had the opportunity to use the Echo for sometime. The Echo started much quicker, normally one pull. The Stihl takes numerous pulls and its suppose to have the easy-start feature. I also think the Echo blows leafs a little better, even though the CFS is higher in the Stihl. The next purchase will be an Echo proving they retain the same quality as the current models.

1.0 out of 5 stars Model ES210 Jams on Small Sticks Constantly, November 27, 2011
Cal Page (New Hampshire, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echo Powerful Leaf Blower. (Misc.)
I recently purchased an Echo Model ES210 and wish I had not. I purchased the unit because it could VAC as well blow leaves. Unfortunately, my lawn is next to a number of Oak trees that drop small twigs as well as leaves on the lawn. When the ES210 is used in VAC mode, it draws in these twigs and these constantly jam the propeller. I can run for maybe two minutes and the unit jams. I started carrying a screw driver around with the unit to unscrew the VAC attachment and pick the twig out but it's just too much of a bother.

In this regard, the unit is poorly designed. I've had good luck with other Echo products, but this one is nothing but a toy and should be avoided.

Echo Powerful Leaf Blower.
Used & New from: $199.99