4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for the price
So i really wanted to enjoy my music and podcasts in my car that does not have a bluetooth option but it does have a aux plug so i bought this adaptor.

shipped quickly and was as described, pairing was very easy and delivers what it promises, i can listen to my iphone 4s output through the car stereo and am very happy with it, nice sound quality.

it...
Published 22 months ago by eagle

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, but has some annoying quirks
Published 16 months ago by SC

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, but has some annoying quirks, May 4, 2013
This review is from: EDUP EP-B3502 Wireless Car Bluetooth Music Receiver Stereo Output A2DP For Phone Ipod 3.5mm (Electronics)
I used to have a Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver but when I got a new car with built-in bluetooth, I gave it to my husband. But then I found I wanted a similar device for myself to use with headphones and other speakers. Since I have a LifeProof Case on my iPhone, it is not easy to access the headphone jack, so I like to use bluetooth whenever possible. This device serves that purpose well enough considering the price, but it definitely has some quirks and annoying aspects.

First off, the charging port looks like an ordinary micro-USB port, but there must be something special about it, because EVERY time I have used a charging cord other than the one that came with it, it has killed the device. The first time this happened I thought it was defective, and I arranged for a return through the seller. But as I was packing it up to return, I noticed it had a couple of small holes--one on the top, and one on the side--like those found on many devices to perform a 'reset' by inserting a paper clip into the hole. I tried this, and the receiver turned on and worked again!

After that, I tried all the Micro-USB cables I had, and all of them caused the same problem except for the short one that came with the device. Putting the paper clip in the side hole always brought the device back to life, but I don't want to risk damaging the device permanently by using other cables. I'm not sure what the hole on the front is for.

I mostly use this receiver with ear buds for listening to audiobooks. In most apps, pressing the button once will cause the audio to pause, but then pressing it again does not always resume the audio playback. With some apps it will resume and others it won't. Pressing the button twice quickly will skip to the next track in some apps, but not all. I don't think these functions are documented.

One very annoying feature of this receiver is that it beeps--LOUDLY--when you turn it on and off, and when the battery is getting low. It's dangerously loud if you have it connected to earbuds or headphones. I have to be careful to remove the buds from my ears when turning it on and off. And when the battery is low it also emits a very loud, obnoxious beep. The warning beep is every few seconds so you can forget about using it until you go and charge it. It does work while being charged but since the charging cord is so short it usually isn't practical to do so.

The indicator lights on the receiver are part of the button. This makes it difficult to see the what the lights are doing as you are pressing the button. Bad design decision. I have to press the button with my thumbnail in order to see what is going on with the indicator lights.

I found the directions were not entirely accurate about turning it off and on. To turn it on, I press and hold the button for about 5-6 seconds, until the blue light starts flashing slowly. To turn it off, I press and hold the button for about 7-8 seconds until the blue and red lights both appear, and then you have to immediately release the button, or you'll end up turning it back on again if you hold it for too long.

When you plug it in to charge, it will display a solid red light while charging, and then a red and blue light after it is fully charged. I've never timed the battery life, but it's probably around 5-6 hours, which is about half that of the Miccus BluBridge.

Helpful hints:
- Only use the short charging cord that came with this receiver.
- If the receiver will not turn on, try resetting it by inserting a paper clip into the small hole on the side for a few seconds. Then try turning it on.
- Remove any attached headphones from your ears before turning it off and on.

For my limited use, this worked out okay for the price, but if you don't mind spending a little bit more, the Miccus BluBridge Mini-jack RX is a better device. It has better controls and indicators, longer battery life, works more reliably in various apps, and seems to be of higher quality. If I was using this receiver in the car, I think the annoyances would be too much to put up with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for the price, November 26, 2012

it only has 2 drawbacks, there is no sleep mode so i need to turn it off when before i exit the car or else the charge will drain by the end of the work day....

and if i try to charge while listening (from the lighter) there is a loud hiss that makes listenint while charging impossible.

so...
i charge while i listen to the radio, it charges quickly and lasts about 8 hours so i need to charge about once a week and just remember to shut it down before leaving the car, it pairs up very quickly and easily when i turn it back on.

so not all i dreamed for but for the price def' worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., October 23, 2012
I ordered this Bluetooth receiver with some trepidation because it was so inexpensive. The first unit I received would drop the connection after only a few minutes and the mini USB port was too large to hold the connector securely. I complained to the seller and they promptly sent me a replacement which seems to work satisfactorily. I was very satisfied with the seller's customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival, December 20, 2013
Would have been perfect if it worked. Very small in size -- correct features. It charged correctly -- and charging light went out to indicate a full charge -- but then I couldn't even power it on. Thank goodness for Amazon's easy return policy.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy this!, May 9, 2014
If i could give no stars i would. Bought 2 of these in a row; first one worked out of the box, after charging it went dead. EXACT SAME THING happend to second one.Do not buy this product; you will probably be dissappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good, just few minor issues, May 30, 2014
K. Chang "kschang88" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have an older car with cassette / radio and no Bluetooth or Aux, so I used this with cassette adapter to make it receive my Bluetooth audio from my phone. It works great.

There are just two minor issues. One: the stereo plug is slightly off. if you push it in all the way, you won't get ANY audio. You have to pull it out just SLIGHTLY. Using the adapter doesn't help. Two, the microUSB power socket is slightly loose. For the price, these are just very minor issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars I considered this and the Kinivo BTC450, February 19, 2014
Tramelia Bolden (Bowling Green, KY) - See all my reviews
I was torn between this and the Kinivo BTC450. I went with for 2 reasons:
1.) I already have bluetooth in my car for calls, not music. I did not want to pay for an additional feature I did not need.
2.)I had an iPhone 5 and the reviews said that the Kinivo BTC450 was troublesome with iPhone if you wanted it for music and not calls.

After a couple of months, I can say this does exactly what I need it to do. It worked with my iPhone. It works with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The sound quality is good. There was 1 occasion where it had static. I disconnected all of the cables and reconnected it and the issue was gone. The only con is that I have to reconnect it every time I get in the car. Since it stays paired, I just have to hit connect. That's a small con for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for streaming from iPhone to older car stereo, April 4, 2013
I was thinking about getting a new car stereo so I could stream from my phone to it, but decided instead of paying $250 for a new stereo, I'd try just adding an adapter. This EDUP is perfect for the job. It's small, and simply plugs into the AUX port on the current stereo.

Pairing it with my phone the first time was pretty easy, better than most bluetooth device pairing. Once you jump in the car, you just hold down the power button for about 7 seconds, and it connects to your phone, and you're ready to go.

Note, this is made for streaming music to your stereo, it is not for making phone calls.

Biggest weakness? It can only pair with one phone, so my wife can't jump in with her phone, and connect and listen to her music.

2.0 out of 5 stars EHHH.., March 27, 2013
Is okay...not as clear sound as i wanted but you get what you pay for. Price is equalivent to it quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product would have 5 stars but...., March 25, 2013
This product is great. Inexpensive solution to piping Internet radio over my cars' radios. I use it with Pandora and TuneIn Radio. Works great, rechargeable battery lasts most of the week, and if not I can charge it in the car while it is operating with no interference. My only issue with it is this: I have it paired with an iPhone 4S in a Lifeproof case. If it is paired with my Voyager Pro BT earpiece at the same time, it will sometimes steal the call from the earpiece and pipe the audio over the car's speakers with no way to talk back until I break the connection. I try not to pair both at the same time, now. Great product.

Rate and Discover Movies