Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 3, 2014
First of all, I'm a downhill mtb racer, dirt jumper, surfer, skateboarder, moto rider, and I'm a weekend off-roader. When I read these reviews I was actually surprised at all the complaining of the pole spin (yes there is pole spin after using it for awhile), but even when it does start happening, it's such an easy fix. All you need to do is take a set of pliers, and clamp the tops of each slider on both sides just a tiny bit (this will tighten them up making them harder to slide and they will no longer twist. Other than that one simple issue, this monopod is pretty damn good for your money. I beat the living hell out of mine, and it's still going strong. I use mine with a gopro hero 3+ and have had absolutely no problems with mine (after tightening the sliders). The adjustability on this monopod is actually really good, Full 360 degree rotation on the top piece (that's what the little nob up top is for), and 180 degree of angle adjustment. Works great, it's cheap, and looks decent. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 just because of the pole twist issue, but I went ahead and gave it 5 stars because I'm very pleased with how this monopod has worked out for me.
on September 12, 2013
Do not think to buy this Monopod. It is really a waste of money. I had an Xshot before ( it was good ) and when I saw this one with its price I decided to try it.
When i received them I mounted my gopro camera and when I wanted to take pictures it rotates 180 down due to gravity!. Although the camera is a very light weight but it could not be stable.
Even if I extend the Monobod all the way it still rotates the camera up side down.
on October 6, 2013
the monopod pole is not very good. but i guess it was cheap so kinda makes up for it. the tripod mount was pretty good though. when using it the individual poles that extend slide around from side to side. ( not in and out). also the camera gets loose after some use so the camera doesnt stay secured.
on January 22, 2014
it fulfilled the task i needed it to, but i think i would rather just spend the extra money for the gopole reach, it seems much more durable. I'll just break down my pros and cons of this product so I can hopfully help you decide:
Pros:
- its not flimsy as it may appear
- its small and compact when its collapsed, but it can be extended out pretty far and quite quickly
- its easy to use and you can lock the GoPro in a secure position pretty well
Cons:
- the piece that connects to the GoPro is not made to exactly the correct dimensions making it a little bit of a struggle to put you go pro in it. (this sounds like no big deal at all, and i thought so too, but then i broke off the piece that the nut is attached to, its still works, just not as well)
- plastic pieces are not very strong ( as i said in the one before this, I broke a piece off while trying to attached my GoPro)
- while its not flimsy, it is still not completely rigid when fully extended, so I would be afraid to us this in the water or on bumpy terrain that might knock it around
- if you apply a force on the GoPro, such as move the pole up and down relatively quickly, the GoPro will rotate slitely

So those are my pros and cons, I would not recommend this product to anyone unless they can make the connecting piece to the correct dimensions, thus relieving any problems of it breaking. However, besides that its not a bad product and will do the job you need it for as long as your not being too rough with it. I would recommend just buying something for rugid such as the gopole as I stated earlier.
on September 15, 2014
It is what it is, a cheap alternative to the GoPro similar product. I basically just wanted the tripod attachment and said, "what the heck" why not pay a few dollars more and get the telescoping hand held product also. It comes with a small pouch which the device doesn't fit as it is too long for the pouch but maybe it will be of use for something else. Other posters say that with use it becomes to unstable to hold the camera upright but I can see where that problem can be fixed easily with small modifications.

All in all if you want a quality product I would recommend the OEM GoPro monopod device over this one but if you can use this very cheap alternative then buy this product. Just don't expect it to last long for the extreme uses of the GoPro camera.
on November 13, 2013
Monopod seems OK. Previous reviews about the camera being loose is just because the user did not tighten the screws enough. However, the unit does not come with the screw needed to mount the camera to the monopod, a serious fault of the company. I happen to have one from another mount I bought but beware if you don't have an extra screw...you will be screwed!
on October 10, 2014
This thing is awesome, especially for how cheap it is. I originally made my own pole for my GoPro because all other were so expensive. I stumbled across this and snatched it right up. I was surprised by the quality of it, it's great!

It comes with a little pouch, and it's a little odd that the pole doesn't fit inside of it. Makes it kind of pointless, but it's not needed anyway.
on December 24, 2014
Amazing. I used in bahamas under water and used at six flags on rides and wake boarding. sometimes the weight of the camera will cause it to turn but is a great product and recommend to everyone with a go pro! We call it the "selfie stick" haha
on January 9, 2015
This seems well made and I expect it will be good for the price. I have not really put it to the test yet, so do not know yet how secure it is or whether the weight of the camera will cause it to turn or pivot, making it difficult or impossible to use (concerns expressed in other reviews). Once I have put it through its paces, I will try to update this review.
on March 4, 2014
I this monopod worked like a charm! I found the same one with a brand name, and it turn out to be the EXACT same one for twice as much! This one worked perfectly... To install the camera to a bit because the piece you install to the pole is tight, but once you get it in there is perfect... I used it EVERYWHERE in(side) water (pool) in the ocean on the snow EVERY WHERE highly recommended for any gopro user!