on November 28, 2013
Late last year I started researching monitors. I am a gamer who enjoys video editing. I was looking for a low frame buffer, minimal ghosting, accurate color reproduction, screen uniformity, and a low anti-glare coating. IPS seemed the best fit, but most IPS had aggressive AG that looks 'grainy'; especially in low-light.

Asus had recently released an IPS panel with low AG. The display had accurate colors, and low input lag, but their QC is awful. There was extreme backlight bleed and IPS glow. It was washing out colors in a well-lit room, and in the dark...

So I went back to researching. I eventually found Eizo's FS line of monitors. I contacted their sales rep as the sellers on AZ were third-party, overseas, with expensive shipping and a delay of one to three weeks before it shipped.

The sales rep was polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. When I had questions he couldn't answered, he said he would contact their support staff to obtain the information I inquired about. The fact that the support staff knew more about display tech than he does was impressive. More so after having dealt with the nearly clueless drones found at Asus. I was put in contact with one of their distributors.

Of note, during my dialogue with the sales rep I suggested he work at making the FS2333 available in NA directly from retailers such as AZ. A month later and it was.

I ordered an FS2333 in mid December of 2012. It arrived promptly in a box less than half the size of that used by Asus for their 23" IPS. Attaching the baseplate was done while the display was still in the box. It was the easiest display I've ever setup. The packaging was impressive. It reflected the design mentality and attention to detail present in the product itself. A plain brown box, with packaging that was pure function. Eizo products are made to excel at their given task - even the packaging.

This panel! Glorious. For an IPS panel it does something almost unheard of. It has no backlight bleed. None, at all. The input lag is nonexistent. The factory calibration is extremely accurate. Its ghosting is minimal with no impact on image quality. Its contrast ratio is ~950. The AG is perfectly balanced.

There's not one defect on this display. The only fault it has, in my opinion, is its black levels aren't the best. That is, however, a limitation of IPS technology in general.

The one constant to be found in researching displays is that no display technology is perfect. Eizo displays do, however, come as close to perfection as you'll find.
Verified Purchase
This Eizo Foris FS2333-BK replaces my old Asus VH236H, a good gaming panel, but frustrating due to the TN viewing-angle deficiencies.

So, after setting up the Eizo, these are the major points:

1.) Phenomenal input lag for gaming. 0.6ms to 3ms, depending on what reviews you read. Either way, Hot Shots Golf and fighting/fps games are an absolute joy, if you need split-millisecond responses.

2.) Excellent grey to grey pixel response times. Again, just a few milliseconds, which is abnormally good for an IPS panel.

3.) The IPS panel here is wonderful. Great contrast, VERY uniform image (at least in my LCD's case), and viewing angles are excellent.

4.) Two HDMI ports. This is very handy if you don't want to buy an HDMI switch for multiple devices. I'm actually using Mediabridge 5 Port High Speed HDMI Switch With IR Wireless Remote And AC Power Adapter - Supports 3D, 1080p (5 Port) , and it works perfectly.

5.) You can turn off the power LED when the LCD is on. I personally don't like distracting LEDs when my monitor is in use, so this is a nice feature.

6.) Has built-in speakers, which are "OK" (nothing special). However, you can plug your own set of speakers into the back of the monitor, AND it has a separate headphone jack on the side which is easy to access. Excellent!

7.) The LCD has a matte finish, so you won't get any reflections in the display (or bezel).

I used the following devices with the Eizo FS2333-BK: XBOX 360, Playstation 3, Wii U, Wii (with HDMI adapter), OUYA Game Console, 2012 iMac (with Thunderbolt -> HDMI adapter) and Sony Vaio Z2. All these devices work 100%, passing sound over HDMI to the LCD.

Overall, I really adore this monitor. The viewing angles are great, gaming is a joy, photos look fantastic (especially after calibration) and I can't recommend it highly enough.

5 stars out of 5.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 12, 2013
Verified Purchase
I had previously bought a u2410 (great monitor) and was really happy with it. It had amazing color depth and screen real estate. However, for gaming I was looking for something with a faster response time. Enter the EIZO foris. This monitor is perfect. The color is amazing, the response time is fast, and it comes with a remote! This is especially handy for switching between inputs. With the dell i had to navigate a touch screen menu, but with this Eizo its at the press of one button. The color rivals that of the dell and the anti glare coating is much more uniform. If you are looking for a monitor that is amazing for gaming and everything else at this size and resolution (1920x1080) this is your best bet. I went through several monitors and this monitor came out on top.
on June 14, 2013
Verified Purchase
I am a gaming enthusiast and was really confused on buying a benq xl2420t or this monitor. I mostly play DOTA2 all the time and i thought I really dont need a 120hz monitor for that. I am so glad I bought this one among other brands. Excellent color production, viewing angles, no ghosting at all and no input lag. Really awesome monitor. Also great for movies and photoshop. Highly recommend this monitor. In my opinion it gives a better gaming experience. No regrets and Highly recommended.
on January 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
This is by far the best gaming monitor on the market. The IPS panel makes the colors looking amazing.

Pros:
- Amazing colors once properly calibrated
- Zero ghosting or response time lag
- Great viewing range/angels
- Plenty of inputs
- Comes with a remote (come on, that's awesome in itself)
- Speakers built in
- Adjustable stand, height/tilt/spin
- Carrying handle on back
- Power switch on back
- Tactile buttons on front, not touch buttons (can be pro or con)
- Tons and tons of menu options
- Monitor settings for picture are saved individual per input, so hdmi 1 and 2 has separate picture settings profiles
- Headphone jack on side, hdmi audio will pass through to the monitor

Cons:
- Price, but you get what you pay for
- Speakers kinda suck, they work but they're monitor speakers
- VERY BRIGHT!!! You do sacrifice color accuracy for brightness if you have to turn it down, which might be the case if you use this monitor in a dark room. The brightness is much greater than a normal LCD panel, but can be turned down with little impact on the overall look of the picture. (Can be major con for some people)
- Does not go to sleep. Not a huge issue for me, as I just press the standby button on the front, but is a little annoying. This may be the result of having the Eco settings off, but I'm not entirely sure.

This monitor is one of those things in life that has above and beyond what you need, but its wonder for that. You find little things that you never thought you would need, but suddenly they're useful. It has many conveniences, like the remote, that you wouldn't find on any ordinary monitor. Gaming on this monitor is also great. Its fast, the colors look amazing, and text is very sharp, regardless of how big or small the font. I don't regret anything about this purchase, as I consider it to be near prefect in every way.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 9, 2013
Verified Purchase
I debated whether or not to give this thing 5 stars because judging the panel alone it is superb. Very fast for gaming, yet a nice matte finished IPS for great colors and viewing angles. It really is good.

The two gripes however are the speakers and the stand. The speakers are mediocre at best. You will not game or listen to music on them. So for the high price of this monitor, either drop them and lower the price or put something legit in there. This monitor is by no means cheap so the speakers should not be either.

The second gripe is the adjustable stand. Yes it is technically height-adjustable but the highest it gets SHOULD be the lowest. It happens to put it at just about the perfect height for me but if it was an inch lower I'd probably have to return it. It is still a nice stand, just needs more range. I will say it is SOLID, no wobble at all. I've had a lot of monitors that look like bobble-head dolls just from typing since my desk is a little wobbly (standing desk).

So that is about it. If those two negatives don't concern you, then by all means jump all over this for one of the best gaming and all around monitors available!
on July 30, 2013
Verified Purchase
Like a sweetened western lady of the night, this screen delivers well beyond its value. It is a
professional level screen with color temp adjusts. Its intended for gamers but has use
for professional digital editing in the commercial setting when you don't have a budget
for a Flanders scientific. Good value......Something to show off to coworkers.
on June 14, 2013
Verified Purchase
The last time I bought monitor was in 2005.Again EIZO. The worst thing with EIZO is that they never break. I'm still with my old monitor, but unfortunately it is just 17". I needed a larger monitor. I know this is the right choice. I bought it and THIS IS THE BEST MONITOR EVER !!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
After a slew of monitors that really didn't meet my expectations, I am pleased to end the search with the purchase of the EIZO Foris FS23333. Simply put, I am very happy with this monitor's colors and black levels (relative to the other displays I tried). I love the design as well as the height adjustable stand. The remote is also very useful. The speakers weren't a concern for me since I use Bose Companion 2 speakers. I have my computer, PS3, and Wii U hooked up to the FS2333, and they all work very well. In order to have all hooked up at one time, I purchased a Kinivo HDMI switcher, which so far has worked well. The preset modes seem good, but I have stuck with User Mode 1 and 2 with one setting being low brightness for general computing, and the other mode being for entertainment.

This monitor was easily the most expensive monitor I purchased. While the previous models from other companies ranged from $150 to $300, this soared above $400 once taxes were accounted for (I purchased it as $387). Before I made this investment, I called EIZO to speak with a representative to get their take on why I should take a chance on their brand and relatively high priced monitor. I was overall pleased with their response, and that gave me the confidence to take the plunge on the FS23333. Although it cost a lot more than the other monitors, I feel that it was worth it for the quality I can immediately observe, and the sense of confidence in the EIZO brand along with their five year warranty. I also like that the monitor is made in Japan.

If you find yourself wringing your hands at your monitor choices, and don't feel that any of them really satisfy your desire for a quality product, I recommend giving this monitor a chance.
on May 10, 2014
Verified Purchase
Color tuning out of the box was absolutely perfect. Best I've ever had on a monitor. Blacks were darker than expected for an IPS display, and colors richer, and gaming performance is stellar. I used Eizo monitors at work for years, and I'm glad that they have ventured into the home/enthusiast market. I switched over from a 144hz refresh rate Views**ic monitor and do not miss the extra framerate at all. With standard overdrive on this I get minimal to no motion blur, and the colors/gradients are so much better.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations