5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly
I mounted a 32" Vizio over our bath tub, took about 30 minutes from beginning to end. Someone complained in another review that the mounting screws to a Vizio did not work, however, I did not have this issue. The lack of a single word in the instructions is a bit frustrating, so I just pieced it together prior to any screw or bolt tightening.
The arms are just long...
Published on July 10, 2010 by Richard T. Schones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Mount but not without Flaws
I looked around quite a bit for a mount that I wanted. I wanted tilt and I wanted the articulating arms. Since I have a 400 x 200 VESA TV my options were limited. I decided on this one because it had prime shipping and some decent reviews. I should have read the reviews more carefully. (Pros and Cons at the end)

I'm a guy, so when I open up a project I...
Published on November 15, 2010 by C. TYLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Mount but not without Flaws, November 15, 2010
This review is from: AVF EL404B-A Multi Position Dual Arm TV Mount for Screens Up To 55lbs (Black) (Electronics)

I'm a guy, so when I open up a project I want to figure it out and complete it on my own, then read the instructions. But this time I decided to give the instructions a try first. As another reviewer pointed out, THE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE NO WORDS ON THEM. Step 1 has 3 options you should use depending on your TV's VESA setup. I picked mine and installed it as pictured. It was frustrating that I couldn't tell where the top of the TV is on the diagram though. I found out I had set it up upside down so I had to take it off and put it back on. A simple word like TOP or BOTTOM would have been useful in this diagram. (For those of you who get it, the yellow clips go towards the bottom.)

So I got it all attached to my TV and they tell me to bust out a leveler and make sure the bracket your screw into the wall is straight. I proceed to do that and I'm pretty close to dead center and drive those long screws in. Then I put up the articulating arms which were a simple installation. All that's left is to attach the TV to the mount. I step back knowing I did everything right according to the instructions, feeling good to knock out a project (30 minute installation), and I realize my TV is not straight. But I did everything right, what is going on? So I adjust the tilt screws (to tilt it you must use a 10mm socket or wrench to loosen it, tilt it, then tighten it into position) thinking it might have been something I did wrong. Then I realize there is some play in the bracket. At least a few degrees (in the 85-88 degree vs. the 90 they claim). The fixing project may wait for another weekend, I may add some cushion underneath the area with play (the top of the bracket attached to the TV), or I may just take it apart and set it straight. If they had some words in the instructions both of the pains I experienced would have been avoided.

PROS:
All the parts arrived.
Price.
Short installation.
Strong and durable materials.
Prime shipping!

CONS:
Instructions.
Tilting difficulty (use some type of ratcheting screw instead of the nuts/screws).
The play room which set it off center.

Overall it's a good and sturdy product. -1 star for the lack of clear instructions, and -1 star for the play room and the tilting. I'd still recommend and purchase this product but keep in mind what other reviewers and I have said. To the manufacturer if you fix these things you'll have a 5 star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly, July 10, 2010
The arms are just long enough so that I can swing the TV 90 degrees for different viewing angles, and this is exactly what I wanted this product for. To tilt down while in the tub or to swing around while getting ready for an outing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, functions very well, July 20, 2010
Mounted my 40" Samsung in my sunroom and the mount works like a charm! it is very easy to mount although the stud finder is useless. Great product for the price, 4 or 5 stars overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY HAPPY!, February 6, 2012
One word, AWESOME! After reading the reviews for this mount I was a little skeptical. But after purchasing a Cheetah flat mount 6 months ago, I figured I would give it a try. If I didn't like it, or if parts were missing I could return it. Well, this is one customer who will not be returning this mount. If you're like me, you read the reviews, gather all the information you can and make an educated purchase. The reviews for this item were so scattered, I felt compelled to write one myself.

Quite a few of the reviews complained about the lack of "words" on the instructions. Let me be the first to tell you, there are words. They tell you what parts/tools are needed and what basic knowledge you need to install this mount. For example: "Ensure bracket is in the center of the wood stud." Pretty basic knowledge right? But honestly that's all you need to know to install one of these. You will not get a novel giving you EVERY step you need to take to get this thing up on your wall. If that is what you need, call a friend, or hire someone to do it for you. Anyone with a working knowledge of gravity and the capability to use a cordless drill/screw driver can install one of these. All the parts were there and because I was mounting a 32" Samsung LCD there were even extra parts. I didn't need to use the extender plates intended for use with larger TVs, nor did I need all the mounting screws that were included. Since this fits 100 x 100, 200 x 200, 300 x 300 and 400 x 400 mounting methods, I have at least 12 screws sitting unused. Mounting took me a total of 30 minutes. I could have done this as a one man job, but I recruited my wife to hold the level while I screwed the mounting plate into the center of the stud. The swivel is awesome and the 15° optional tilt is simply icing on the cake.

My TV is now mounted and swiveled into the corner above my dresser. Perfect angle and degree of tilt to watch TV in bed without putting an extra pillow under your head to get the right viewing angle. Less neck kinks and complaints from my wife that my knees are in the way, make this customer a happy man.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Level Easily, February 22, 2010
Craig (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This mounting kit does have some limitations. When I initially mounted my television with this hardware it came out pretty far from level. I had assumed that this must have been the result of imprecision in how I had drilled the holes for the lag screws. I checked using a digital level which told me I was a degree or two off from level. I removed the mount from the wall and double-checked my holes with a bubble level and verified that my holes were in fact level. I then refastened the mount to the wall while pressing it against the level to keep it proper. Upon putting the TV back up I found that it was just as far from level as before. I finally realized that it wasn't level because of how much wiggle-room there is on the arm to the VESA bracket. After using the included allen wrench to add tension to the arm my TV is finally level. This was by tightening the screws on the arm which the directions do not tell you to tighten.

Also anyone out there with a JVC TV should also know that the M6 screw included with this kit was too big for the VESA mounting holes on my JVC LT37E478 and the M4 screws where too big. JVC however indicates that the M6 screw should fit the television. I called the number on the directions and explained the situation. Rather than offering to send new screws, they suggested that I can return the item to get my money back from Amazon. I opted to get a few screws from Home Depot rather than pay S/H and order the JVC pivot mount. (In hindsight with the leveling issues I think I would have been better off with the JVC hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 31, 2012
This is an excellent wall mount for your TV. I mounted a 32 inch LCD that weighs around 30 lbs. The instructions are pretty good, no complaints. It comes with decent screws for installing the plate to the wall. I mounted directly onto a stud. They are phillips head screws and it was somewhat difficult to get them drove all the way in and tight. As others have noted, if the plate is not level then the TV will not be. What I wound up doing is figuring out pretty close where I wanted the TV to be, then I mounted only the top screw into the wall...you do predrill to make it somwhat easier to get it in. Then with the arms attached to the plate and a level I was able to mark the wall to see where the bottom screw needed to go. I was still off a little but there is enough play in the size of holes in the plate versus the screws where you can move it a little without needing to drill new holes. The only improvement I would make would be to make the holes in the mounting plate oblong. That way you could adjust the "level" much easier.

Would recommend this product and would use again if I had another TV of similar size to mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sturdy Mount, January 24, 2012
M. Balut (Lorain, Ohio) - See all my reviews
First off, The mount itself is sturdy and well built.

For the price ($31) it's a steal. I saw the one arm version for the same price.

Second, installation is not as difficult as some would lead you to believe. There are some words in the instructions, its minimal, but for me the pics were fine.

A few tips: Take your time, lay out all the parts, you will have no problems. One tip I used from another review was to not tighten all the screws until you attached the mount to the back of the TV(my vesa was 400x400 so I had to use the extenders, smaller mounts don't use them). Once I got it all together and it fit nicely on the Tv, I tightened it all up.

Another tip: make sure the yellow tabs are at the bottom of the TV, not the top (that would be upside down). When you get the mount, you'll see what I mean.

When I mounted the plate to the wall, I used a level. However, when I attached the arms, it was just slightly off. So I loosed up the wall mount, leveled the arms, and re-tightened the wall screws. Tilting doesn't require tools: You can tighten the tilt screws enough to keep the TV from moving, but it will be loose enough so that with a little force, you can tilt it if needed. Just don't over tighten it and tilting it is easy.

I hope this review helps, and I would highly recommend this mount. FYI, I bought the 40" TCL LCD TV with a 400x400 vesa pattern.

4.0 out of 5 stars TV Mount, October 20, 2010
When the item arrived, it wasn't enclosed in the package, and I was missing some parts. I contacted the company, who told me to call another number, which I did. I was then sent the parts that were missing.

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, December 16, 2010
VERY GOOD, GOOD QUALITY. BUT I HAVE TO BUY SPECIAL SCREWS, FOR MY TV SAMSUNG 40". BECAUSE THE MOUNT IS GENERIC. TO ATTACH THE TV TO IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great Good Value, October 26, 2013
The only downside is that years ago the manufacturers of these wall mounts included a wide variety of screws and washers to fit all TV's. These days I notice that they only provide 1 long and 1 short screw for each brand and just one thick washer. You have to cut the washer down to make it work with some modes, bottom line with whatever wall mount you buy, be prepared to get creative or run to the hardware or your garage to make some TV models work.

AVF EL404B-A Multi Position Dual Arm TV Mount for Screens Up To 55lbs (Black)
$99.99 $49.87
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.