5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought-out book
Howard shows you how simple preparations can make a big difference for your family in an emergency. Lots of common sense in this book. Simple but effective approach to preparedness. The ideas in this book are easy to implement.
Published on July 10, 2009 by Nancy L. Godfrey

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Pretty much the same as others, nothing special.
Most important is not what you read, but what you do.
Published 5 months ago by Jed

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought-out book, July 10, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, September 10, 2009
This book is great for people that like the plain facts. You know what you are reading and don't have to reach for a dictionary for an explaination of a word or words. I have tried several of the receipes for solar and dutch ovens, they are very good. Will try building a rocket stove. New ideas for me and my family to try as a project for our storage. Thank you for a readable and understandable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used by One Red Cross Worker, January 23, 2011
Emergency Preparedness The Right Way, by Howard Godfrey is, in my opinion, the best reference available on the subject. I have worked in Disaster Services at the American Red Cross for more than 15 years. I speak at service clubs, senior centers and many organizations about disaster preparedness and have been recommending Mr. Godfrey's book for the past year. It is the most complete work on this subject and goes way beyond the usual Red Cross presentation. Mr. Godfrey should have had a proof reader before publishing, but if you can get past the typos, you can benefit greatly by digesting much of his information and advice and putting it into practice.

Sherman Reinius
American Red Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars To the point!, March 13, 2010
Well written and to the point. I have spent time researching the topic and still found useful things in this little book. I like how he presents all the options but still points out the most realistic. I would definitely recommend this book for someone getting started in the emergency home preparedness. Again it was concise and easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, February 6, 2010
S.J.F. (Denton, Tx USA) - See all my reviews
A well thought out book on how to prepare. Nothing earth shattering but it did point out some things that I had not thought of.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for the unprepared and urban person., July 25, 2011
I been reading and studying the art of survival for the last 20 years. Howard Godfrey has written a excellent book for the first time prepper or survivor. Or anyone thinking about get ready for the problems. Easy to read. Explains food storage and problems. A very good section on water use. The book is full of good and practical knowledge for the average person facing the problem to prepare. There are some spots in the book that are weak and like other survival books tend to be left out because of time and restraits. Like root cellar, acre gardening, raising small animals for meat,water tank house, cooling spot or cooling a house. Beside that, "Emergency preparedness the rightway" is great as a gift or a kindle book for anyone interested in this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter for emergency preparedness, May 7, 2011
Living in CA we need to be prepared for a possible disaster at anytime. With the recent earthquakes around the globe odds are we're going to get a big one hitting here soon. I love the fact this is a basic step by step processes. Ended up purchasing 2 more for my parents and grandparents. Highly recomend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Preppers!, December 19, 2011
I really enjoyed this book. It gave me some good ideas that my other survival books didn't provide. It was as easy read. The author's writing style kept me interested and engaged. I'd recommend this book for people who want to prepare themselves for disasters that may occur in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, January 9, 2014
greg (United States) - See all my reviews
I think this publication is a wonderful hardcopy resource for a wide range of basic skill. I am glad to have it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 28, 2014
Pretty much the same as others, nothing special.
Most important is not what you read, but what you do.

EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS The Right Way