5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my 3DS!
The usb charge cable arrived on time undamaged, and works great for my 3ds. I can keep playing it even while it's plugged in.
Published on October 14, 2011 by B. Hayden

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well on my 3DS XL
When I plug it in to the console it doesn't seem to be that snug of a fit so it wiggles around quite a bit, and it won't charge unless it's plugged into a very specific location. If it's not plugged in right, the charge light repeatedly go off on on
Published 16 months ago by es

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my 3DS!, October 14, 2011
This review is from: EMPIRE USB Charge Cable for Nintendo DSi / DSi XL / 3D S [EMPIRE Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars 3DS Charger, August 28, 2011
Works great on my 3DS! Charges it with no issues! I have a limited number of electrical outlets to charge my 3DS and I have plenty of usb ports. I also use it in the car with my cigaret usb charger which was a cheaper way to get a car charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges 3DS XL even while playing, May 9, 2014
Vdub (Saratoga Springs, UT, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I wish Nintendo sold a first-party product for USB charging, but since they don't, I did a lot of research to find a good substitute. When possible, the charger that comes with your 3DS is a better choice as it has a longer cable and seems to charge faster (which is typical when comparing USB charging to AC charging). But I wanted some spares I could place around the house/car so I didn't have to take the larger, less-portable AC charger around.

Some USB charging cable reviews state that they only charge when the 3DS XL is powered off or sleeping, so I made sure to get one that can charge while playing since that's an important feature to me. Luckily, this one fits the bill perfectly. The price is great too. For the price of one Nintendo-branded AC charger, I ended up getting 3 of these USB chargers. It also works great with the car USB adapter I have in the cigarette lighter port, so charging on the road is super easy.

Only real negative is the cable length is quite a bit shorter than the Nintendo charger, so if you are charging while playing, you are a little bit more tethered down. The quality is also not quite as good as the Nintendo one, but as long as you take care of it and don't yank it or anything while plugged in, should still last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with 3DS and external USB battery pack, November 29, 2013
Works great with my son's 3DS! I use it with an Anker Astro 3E 10,000 mAh external battery pack and it will last all day. Works great on long car trips and long shipping outings. Planning on buying a couple more. Reasonable price for a specialty cable, and the quality seems fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on 3DS XL, December 1, 2013
Works fine on my 3DS XL. I'm able to play and charge at the same time. Tested in wall adapter and high power USB hub (BC1.2).

5.0 out of 5 stars does everything it says it will., January 25, 2014
does everything it says it will. i bought a quad usb charger and got this so that i would not need a cell phone ipod and 3ds charger and it all works beautifully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well on my 3DS XL, August 3, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked sparingly for several months, June 18, 2013
Appears to work for several minutes of charging, then stops, regardless of whether charging from a regular USB port or a USB power supply.

It's cheap, and I suppose there's a reason. Sadly, didn't realize the cord was the problem (thought it was the USB power supply I was using) and now the seller won't accept a return. Just spend the extra money and buy it from a legitimate retailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 11, 2013
Great product for a great price. All of the retail stores wanted $25 or more. The charger arrived ahead of the estimated delivery date and i found it to be of good quality. I bought one from a retail store and it broke within a few months, it was a low quality plastic charger. Great price, Good quality!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014