5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny workhorse
This is a great little flash drive! It comes formatted in FAT 32, which lets it go seamlessly between five different Mac and Windows computers I use without a hitch.
Published 19 months ago by Jim Holifield

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason.
Published 12 months ago by Phoenix Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason., March 27, 2013
It is a spacious drive and quite inexpensive, but it writes very slowly for a USB 2.0 device and is unreliable with data. Mine is used mostly for unimportant temporary backups and transferring files between machines. It will occasionally corrupt files and now it's not reporting free space correctly. It has only just been filled to capacity with data and very little has been deleted, so the memory shouldn't be anywhere near worn-out. This drive uses a Phison memory controller. EMTEC puts a black sticker over the memory chip itself so you can't see who made it, which I think is a bit deceptive.

In my opinion, spending another $5 for flash drive from a big name in memory like Sandisk, PNY, Kingston or Crucial or one that at least uses Hyundai or Hynix memory is money better spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly slow, July 11, 2013
This USB drive looks ok, it has a cool design and good size, but the performance is unbelievably poor. It's extremely slow, even when I'm trying to transfer Word files, which are small, it takes considerably more time than similar USB flash drives. Also, the LED light that indicates that the device is working blinks, but then stays on, ¿is that normal?
Very disappointed with this product, speed is everything, and it just fails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny workhorse, September 4, 2012
Jim Holifield (Davenport, IA United States) - See all my reviews
My needs are to transfer and temporarily back up Photoshop, MS Office and MP3 files. There has never been any kind of a slowdown, hestitation, or problem of any kind with this drive. No additional crapware to delete, just put the cap on the back of the drive (only fits one way) and go.
Best of all, this drive is FAST. I have four other flash drives of varying capacities and age - two Sandisks and two Kingstons - and this Emtec simply blows them out of the water for speed and storage capacity. Thirty bucks for a 64 gig? You bet. I'll take that deal every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of storage, March 31, 2013
AJT "AJT" (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EMTEC C400 Candy II Series 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Blue) (Personal Computers)
this flash drive is great, a good price and lots of storage - have had it for a few months now and no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this thing!, August 18, 2012
Pope (United States) - See all my reviews
Picked up a 4GB (red) for 5.99 on sale at OfficeMax. Aside from the fact that it has an attractive form factor (other capacities come in other colors), it works flawlessly on both my computers. The cap snaps on or off, and can snap onto the back end of the drive when the drive is in use, so as not to get lost. I have a lanyard attached to mine, so I can't do this, but that option is there. I also had an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer that didn't play very nicely with my 7 year old Dell desktop (worked fine with my 2 year old Asus laptop though). This thing blows the Cruzer out of the water in comparison, although I'm not sure if my issue was a compatibility issue or just a defective drive.

Some people may perfer larger capacities, but 4 GB is plenty for me so far. At first glance, it may look cheap because it's made of see-through plastic, but it is as light as a stick of gum and has proven to be most durable. I've had other flash drives before, but this one is currently the main one that I'm using, and no complaints!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect flash drive design, June 7, 2012
LA "LA" (Madison, WI) - See all my reviews
I love this flash drive, it has the perfect design. Sleek and compact with a well-fitting cap - as mentioned in the description, the cap can be placed on the non-connecting end of the drive so it doesn't get lost.
The drive has worked well and been reliable for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars PIECE OF CRAP! WARNING, DO NOT BUY!, April 11, 2014
This is the worst flash drive I have ever purchased and I've purchased around 5 or 6 in my lifetime. Files are saved but the next time you try to open them "GOOD LUCK"! Do not use this as your main file source. No reputable vendor should be selling this junk. They should be melted down as scrap or maybe used for target practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars serves it's purpose, February 25, 2014
miss nistar (Quebec, Canada/New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
although it's a cheap alternative, i was happy with the performance of this item. i cannot say how long it will last, but it serves it's purpose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this last one just in time before the price went up., February 19, 2014
good solid thumbdrive.

the price was unbelievable.

but alas. I only got one at the time and should have gotten two.

but it was too late, they jacked up the price.

still a good deal.

I have three of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars EMTEC C400 64 gb USB Flash Drive, January 29, 2014
This thing is SSSLLLOOOWWW!!! Takes ten minutes JUST to find drive once inserted in USB port. Copied 1GB of data from local HD to this flash drive - TOOK SEVEN HOURS! (Left over night if your wondering why I watched it for seven hours) Purchased a new PNY flash drive and the same data took thirty minutes. Not worth the money - spend $20 more and get a good flash drive.

ARRAY(0xa68bf1c8)