5.0 out of 5 stars The REAL Aussie Uggs!!!
Published on January 21, 2009 by S. Swilley

3.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT RUN BIG
Published on January 4, 2010 by K. Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars The REAL Aussie Uggs!!!, January 21, 2009
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
To those saying these are a cheap substitute for real Australian uggs, DO YOUR RESEARCH! These are one of the ONLY ugg boots available on the US market that are made with 100% Australian sheepskin, unlike others that claim to be Australian (even including it in their brand name) but are really an American owned company who get their boots made in China and don't use 100% Australian wool products, the only use a small percentage and substitute the rest with inferior blends.
These boots are not meant to be washed and the will be very snug when you first put them on as the wool takes a few days to mold around our foot. If you are planning on wearing these outside you should waterproof them. Ugg boots were originally designed to be like a slipper, you wont get many self-respecting Australians wearing them outside unless they don't care what they look like, the name "Ugg" comes from UGLY!
As an Australian, these are the only ugg boots I would buy outside of Australia and I wouldn't be caught dead in those inferior substitutes that call themselves Australian but cost twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Size Larger, February 13, 2009
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
The sizing info on this boot is very confusing and I was at a loss as to what to do. What I found is that if you are a half size, you should order down in size. I am a 7.5 and ordered a size 8 which was a great IMMEDIATE fit. However, this boot is going to stretch ALOT so eventually my size 8 became too big - I have remedied that with thick socks (but they are still a little large). Then recently I ordered a size 7 in this boot and found that they initially fit snug but very soon after, stretch out to accommodate my foot very well.

I own both EMUs and UGGS and it is in my estimation that EMUs are superior to UGGs. I love this boot - it is thicker and warmer and the support in the sole is so comfortable. They are also less slippery in snow than UGGs and the pricing is perfect. I will wear these forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 and 1/2 sizing, December 28, 2009
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
I wear an 8 1/2 in shoes and usually a 9 in boots. After reading numerous reviews I was very confused if I should order up or down in size. I finally ordered a size 8. When my boots arrived I was very pleased with the appearance and after trying them on I was concerned because my toe was right at the end of the boot and it was an extremely tight fit but loose at my heel. I almost returned them but am so thankful I didnt because after about 2 weeks of wear they fit PERFECTLY!!! A size 9 would have been to big. I wear them with and without socks. Take my advice and order down not up in size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like UGGs but softer and with arch support!, January 26, 2011
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
I highly recommend these boots to anyone interested in UGG style boots. In my opinion, they are even better quality than UGGs, and I know because I ordered both and compared them side by side.

Before I review them, a quick note on sizing:

Definitely order at least a size down because these boots STRETCH. I normally wear an 8.5 and I ordered down to a size 8. They were a good immediate fit, but within three days they had stretched to the point that even with thick socks my feet were swimming in them. I had to reorder in a size 7 (which were very tight initially, but after one day of wearing them, fit perfectly).

The Verdict: EMUs look like UGGs but are better quality. Here's why:

1. Both the suede outer and the sheepskin lining in EMU Stinger Los are softer and more luxurious than the material used for UGGs. Looking at them side by side, the difference is obvious. This is especially obvious when you compare the linings--the fur in the UGG lining is shaggier and a bit rougher, while the fur in the EMU lining is just as thick, but finer and softer.

2. Additionally, the sole on the EMU is better at gripping--it's slightly taller and more grooved so that you won't slip, even on ice. The heel is also tapered, which in my opinion looks better and less clunky with jeans.

3. Furthermore, the EMUs are water resistant so you don't have to worry about waterproofing them or ruining them in snow or rain. Right out of the box, I wore them out in a snowstorm and they didn't get soggy or stained at all. Looking at the reviews for UGGs, it seems that people often ruin their UGGs unintentionally by wearing them in the snow. This won't happen with the EMU Stingers. Why should you pay for both sheepskin boots and waterproofing spray when you can buy boots that are already water resistant?

4. Finally, the arch support on the Stingers is great, unlike UGGs which are severely lacking in this area. You can feel the difference when you put your hands in the boots: the UGGs are completely flat and the Stingers have a nice raised ridge to support your foot. You WILL notice this if you're used to wearing shoes with support, especially after trekking around in snow, which requires more work than walking on flat, dry surfaces. Even just walking around my house, my arches ached after ten minutes in the UGGs. I couldn't believe it, but after searching around on the web, I learned that lack of arch support is a common complaint about UGGs. Go with the Stingers (which have good arch support) and you'll be comfortable all day.

UGGs and EMUs are about the same price, but the difference in features is huge. I've never been so comfortable in boots in my life. You should go with the EMUs--you won't regret it. Just be sure to ORDER DOWN in sizing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally happy with these boots!, October 24, 2009
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
I had been wanting a pair of Ugg boots for 2 years, but the price was just out of reach for me.
I saw these EMU boots on sale on Amazon, and they had chocolate, which is what I wanted, for a very affordable price.
I took the chance and ordered them...I couldn't be happier! They are exactly like the more expensive Ugg brand. and actually fot me better.
I wear a 9 1/2 narrow in shoes, so I orderd the 9. They fit comfortably, which really surprised me since my foot is narrow!! In Uggs, my foot moves around a bit which made it a bit difficult to walk, but these are a much better fit.
The sheepskin is so soft and the inside has thick shearling to nestle your foot into.
We've not had cold weather yet so I haven't worn them...but I'm sure they will be very warm.
I would definitely recommend EMU boots to anyone who is looking for a shearling/sheepskin boot.
I'll be ordering another pair in the Tall style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot if you don't have narrow feet, December 7, 2009
These are beautiful boots, thick wool lining and well made, but I had to send them back twice! I'm a size 8 so I ordered a size 8. They were very big and my foot flipped out of the heel easily. So I figured a 7 would do the trick but they were a bit cramped and still my heel slipped out. After further research I found a few stories of people complaining of the same thing....their heels would slip out with each step, it seems they have narrow feet! The problem seems to be in the width of the boot at the ankle. If I stuff the space in front of my ankle with some crushed paper...the heel stays in place! So a boot with a more narrow enclosure around the ankle is what I am now looking for. I just ordered some Minnetonka pugs and some Koolaburra sheepskin boots to see if they fit better, wish me luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not True to Size, November 30, 2009
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
The reviews recommend to order a size smaller... DO NOT DO THAT. My wife ordered size 8M because she is a true size 8M thinking they would be a little roomy, but instead the boots were too small and her big toe was pocking out the front! I had to return them (and pay for shipping) and order a size 9. But the quality of the boots themselves is very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!!!, November 5, 2008
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
I just bought these boots in grey, and they are AMAZING!!! So soft and plush, I didn't want to take them off to try the other 3 pairs of boots I got today, lol! And these beat the other pairs hands down. They're super cute, look like they'll be good in the snow, and did I mention how comfortable they are??? I adore these. Thanks Amazon for the amazing deal as well! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT RUN BIG, January 4, 2010
This review is from: EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot (Apparel)
I purchased the stinger lo and was so excited when they came. They are a great boot. I love the looks and the inside is so comfy, BUT THEY WERE WAAAAAY TOO SMALL. Everything I read said they run big and to order down at least one size. I wear an 8 1/2 so I ordered an 8 and my big toe was smashed up against the end of the boot. They say the boots stretch, but I find it hard to believe they would stretch lengthwise. Maybe other people wear an 8 1/2 because they have wide feet, but I wear them because my feet are truly that long and very narrow. Incidentally I went to the store to try on a 9 but they only had the Bronte, and they do indeed run BIG!!! The 9 fell off my foot and the 8 was even a little big. Could probably get by with a 7 in those. To recap: the Bronte run large, but the Stinger do not. If you have a long foot, order up, so you can avoid paying return shipping like I had to. I do love the boots, so I ordered the size 9. Wish me luck :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Run big...not as warm...miss my Uggs :(, January 6, 2013
I bought these because the reviews were good and I was having a tough time getting grey Uggs in my size right around Christmas. I've been wearing these now for about 2 weeks and although they look nice, they're not as warm or as comfortable as my old Uggs are, which I find strange because they look like they're of the same quality. My feet are definitely much warmer in my Uggs though...and they're going on 7 years old!!!!...wish I would've just waited and ordered more Uggs. :(

I'll give these a couple more weeks though and report back...maybe they just need to be broken in more...?? I don't recall my Uggs needing a few weeks to be broken in though...they seem to feel great from the get go. Anyway, stay tuned...

Update: 2/2/13
So I've been wearing these now for a month or so. They look good but I can now say without a doubt, these are not as warm as my Uggs...such a bummer. AND they are too big. I bought them a size smaller (I'm an 8 so I bought a 7) and although initially they felt snug, they are too big now, and I have wide feet. The heel is wide, where I don't need it to be wide. Saving up for new Uggs. Anyone want a pair of slightly used Emus?? ha!

EMU Australia Women's Stinger Lo Mid-Calf Boot