on December 18, 2012
I just finished reading Encounters with Star People about American Indian interactions with aliens and UFOs. I had a hard time putting the book down once I read the first page. The participants in the study came off as honest, humble individuals who for too long remained silent about one of the world's biggest mysteries: Do aliens visit the planet Earth? After reading this book, you will definitely believe they do. I highly recommend it and look forward to more books on this topic by the author. Due to her access to the individuals in this book and her non-threatening approach to her research, Dr. Clarke was able to document what other researchers only hope to achieve in their careers
While the only criticism I have of the book is that the author reportedly interviewed over 900 people and yet the stories presented in this book are only a fraction of that number. The book left me wanting to read more and more or to personally sit down with the author and pick her brain about the stories she did not tell. In fact, the stories are so unique and unusual, that each could be a featured film.
With this book, Dr. Clarke has joined the ranks of Budd Hopkins and Dr. David Jacobs and other greats in UFO studies, but unlike other researchers, Dr. Clarke's interviewees did not rely on hypnosis. Rather, they told their stories as they recalled them which makes them far more believable.
I give the book 5 stars and would give it more if I could. If you are a believer or just simply curious about the subject, you will not be disappointed in this book.
I predict this book will become a classic in UFO research. If nothing else, it is not a book you will easily forget.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 25, 2013
This is one of the oddest books I have ever read on UFOs. The Native Americans whom the author interviews, whether Alaskan, Navajo, etc., seem to be completely matter-of-fact about their encounters with UFOs and aliens. If the aliens are caught in a snow storm, give them a lift. If they have a flat tire, change it. If they get lost, help them find their way back. There doesn't seem to be any of the hysteria surrounding UFO encounters found in other cultures. There also doesn't seem to be much of the fear. It is a fascinating book purely from a cultural standpoint.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 2, 2013
A no nonsense, unembellished but fascinating look at this subject. The authors's voice is just as charming and measured as the voices of the Indians recounting their stories. The author allows the stories to tell themselves. Because of her great networking skills among the American Indian reservation system she has the luxury of using only the very best encounter stories, and her Indian heritage gave her access to a people notorious for their reticence and privacy. Probably only a blooded indian could have pried thes stories loose from so many different people.

There is no need to stretch or enhance anything. This is a no BS zone. The book also gives us an intimate glance into the current reservation scene and the social dynamics. Sixkiller's academic training combined with her very big heart strike the perfect balance between rationaility and intellectual adventure. She genuinely cares for these people, and they all sensed that and opened up for her.
I do hope she will tackle some other forteana in the near future. American Indian sasquatch stories would be high on my list.
Highly recommended.
on January 28, 2013
This was one of best books on UFOs and aliens I have ever read, and I have read a lot of them.
Most of us know about UFOs and advanced-technology aliens who for centuries have been visiting and hiding from us.
But for some reason our governments hide their knowledge, with the help of their politcally-correct "press".

What is great about this book is that all these stories are interviews with likable down-to-earth people, like you and me.
You will be able to relate to their honesty, and their situations.
Not all aliens hide from us, as you will find out in this book.
Ardy's writing style is warm and real.
You can almost smell the coffee and taste the coffee-cake!
You will love this book.
on February 22, 2013
This book explains for the first time to me, that there are different species and types of aliens, all with different purposes. It describes where they live and how they interface here. It even warns of the psychotic insectoid/lizard creatures that abduct, probe and kidnap humans and other life forms here. It describes the Non-interference directive.

It is a great read with clear cultural insights into the honesty and integrity of the Native Indian culture. This culture has always had familiarity with various types of Star People, the friendly and paternal as well as those emotionless, sociopathic insectoids who, devoid of compassion or other feelings, abuse sentient creatures here on Earth and probably on other planets as well.
on September 15, 2013
Completely original stories with a cultural edge. No hyperbole, little grey aliens all over the place or bedside kidnappings.

This book is so well written. Ardy can write a story of her investigations like no other. Her writing keeps you wanting to read more.

The American Indian perspective on "Star People" is so far removed from the media hyped Hollywood view that it is refreshing to see a high degree of normalcy applied to the subject. The accounts of the American Indians are fascinating and believable with a wide array of alien types and scenarios (like there were when I was a child).

Compared to the books out there on the subject I'd highly recommend this book as one of the best to read.
on December 26, 2012
This book is a compilation of stories of alien (Star People) encounters from a unique population source; American Indians. The author, also being an American Indian, was in a unique position which enabled her to gather the stories from her sources that had been extremely secretive about telling their stories, insisted on complete anonymity, sought no financial gain, and appeared truthful in what they presented to the author. The author presents each story in a straight-forward unemblished 'case history' manner.

The Star People are a central point of most American Indians' historical chronicals (mythology-if you will), and this connection came forth in a number of the cases. The author makes no theories as to who, what, or why....only a presentation of cases. But its in these cases that one sees important bits of information that sheds additional light on the elusive alien phenomenon. -MTC
on November 14, 2013
I almost didn't buy this,because the title sounded sort of corny. However, after reading the sample, I purchased it, and was glad I did. Very interesting, caught my attention from the start.

Many well-researched stores by the author (who is also American Indian) and a different perspective of alleged alien interaction from a unique group of people. I found the stories riveting, powerful, and intriguing.

The way American Indian culture treats the visits of Star People is definitely different from that of other groups. Clarke has interviewees from aged people to young people.

People who told their stories are not looking for some sort of adulation or attention (many would not give their names because they could have been ostracized, lost their jobs, or made sport of by others). They simply wanted to tell their story in a humble, straight-forward fashion and I found them quite believable overall. Their demeanor and candor in relating these encounters showed them as well-spoken, intelligent, honest, and definitely concerned over possible repercussions to their lives and livelihood if they were exposed as having seen or interacted with "a UFO".

There are a couple of stories about possible hybrid Indians (although no DNA tests were done on them) that raised questions to me. These people were not "cross-hybrid Greys" or whatever the term would be for that, but had allegedly descended from a different type of humanoid-appearing alien, long-lived, that passed the longevity on to them, as well as some other genetic traits.

IF this was true, then it would appear that the DNA of humans and these "others" must be compatible to an astonishing degree, because the individuals said they were born normally of a human mother, not mixed in a petri-dish/test-tube situation and born in some other way, some other place.

It is possible, naturally, that these individuals in question had some type of psychosis and merely BELIEVED they were of alien genetics, but they sounded, (through the testimony Clarke relayed,) sincere. However, anyone with a persistent delusion WOULD sound sincere and believe what they were telling you was the truth. Since DNA doesn't lie, a sample from them would have been the litmus test---so unfortunate one could not have been procured.

Kudos to the American Indians interviewed for having the courage and honesty to relay the tales of the "Star People" to Clarke.
on February 20, 2013
I just finished reading "Encounters with the Star People: Untold Stories of American Indians" on Kindle, and ordered a paperback copy so I can show it to people and tell them they need to read it. I have many friends who are interested in ET contact who I will be recommending this book to. Thank you, Dr. Clark, for putting this wonderful collection of stories together. My thanks also to each of those who shared their stories.

I was a little surprised at both the amount of fear of the star people ("aliens"), and the fear of ridicule, within the American Indian community. I guess it is another indication of how much damage has been done by the vicious destruction of indigenous cultures. It was also heartening to see that some of the old teachings still live on, and many children have been raised to not fear the "keepers".

Overall, a well researched, honest, and balanced view of our relationship with the rest of the universe through the eyes of American Indians.

Readers who find this book interesting may also be interested in Paths to Contact: True Stories from the Contact Underground (Volume 1)
on June 12, 2013
This candid, honest, and no nonsense book inspires one to return to such fearless, natural, kind, and spritual behavior too long absent from too many. I found the behaviors, attitudes, narratives and observations oddly familiar to those I experienced as a young boy in the hills of West Virginia with my country relatives and neighbors (hillbillies, with profound intuitions and candid observations). I agree with another reviewer that the authors's voice is just as charming and measured as the voices of the Indians recounting their stories. She allows the stories to tell themselves, and serves as an able caretaker of the storytellers, culture, decency, and honor.

I found nothing enhanced, contrived, disrespected, or manipulated. Ms. Sixkiller's academic training and patient, methodical approach, combined with her positive energy and integrity, presented a wonderful and well balanced compilation of real experiences of many in the native american community. I found this book inspiring, entertaining, and warmly familiar

I absolutely recommend this book, particularly to those of you who want to re-experience that very natural feeling of belonging, knowing what the truth is, and how it feels to be connected to everyone and everything, including our extraterrestrial ancesters.