5.0 out of 5 stars Charges everything we bring in the car
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:02 Mins
This is a review of the 500W model.
* Comes with two cables - one to plug it into the cigarette lighter, the other to connect to the car battery
* Lightweight
* Can charge and use multiple devices simultaneously
* Completely silent
* 2 three-prong outlets and 2 USB ports
* Doesn't get hot
* It worked with...
Published 10 months ago by Risa

3.0 out of 5 stars AC Power fine, UBS a No Go
This unit powers AC devices fine, but the UBS ports do not work. It's a nuisance to return. Since I was more interested in the AC power, I might just keep it as is, but be bothered by the lack of functionality.
Published 6 months ago by Dr. Lawrence E. Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges everything we bring in the car, September 2, 2013
Risa (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 1:02 Mins

This is a review of the 500W model.
* Lightweight
* Can charge and use multiple devices simultaneously
* Completely silent
* 2 three-prong outlets and 2 USB ports
* Doesn't get hot
* It worked with everything we tested on it:

MacBook 13"
MacBook Pro 15"
Acer Aspire M 15"
Charging a cell phone via USB

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ product, it works very well, excellent pricing, September 11, 2013
I have used this product to run my microwave when my power went out. Ate microwaved pot pies for awhile but at least I was able to eat at home and not dinning out every night so it did save me money in the long run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough and Durable, January 27, 2014
I bought this unit because the place that I would visit once in awhile, decided to take it out on everyone and lock up the outdoor receptacles. Could not even vacuum your car out anymore. That and needing to get some body work done on my car, I decided to have a portable inverter unit that I could use a grinder or sander or drill, when I wanted too. Soemthing to use off of a 12 volt car battery. I bought this unit and it is a very good unit. It has Max power that is needed on a grinder on startup? Does not even hesitate to wind right up with this inverter. Some inverters reset when that happens and sometimes you have to wait. This one, held it greatly. When I was really using it steady with hard work, all of a sudden the power shut off. I checked it out and found out that there is a heat limiter in there. Gets to hot, it shuts off for a few minutes before it ruins your day with a fire or frying your battery. I love this thing and highly recommend it for the do it yourselfer. These are also good for running computers, extra lights, etc. The nice thing about it also, is there is a control inside that will shut off the electricity, if your car/truck battery gets to low, in order to save the battery. VERY NICE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, April 17, 2013
With everything, you will never know what might happen such as loss of electricity. I wanted something that would charge the few electrical items that I have if that ever happens. This is my first power inverter, so far the EN900 works great. The LCD display tells me how much is being charged and I can charge 4 device at the same time. Doesn't have that annoying sound that my laptop cooler makes when its on, which is good. Also I love that it has 2 usb ports that I can charge with. Best of all it doesn't weigh that much maybe over 2lbs this way I can take it to go. Hopefully I wont have to use it but they do have a 2yrs warranty, not sure what it covers yet since I haven't read the warranty part , still just testing this baby out. Getting this was a good decision because its cheaper then getting a generator that's big and bulky, which I don't have room for.

5.0 out of 5 stars customer service, September 23, 2013
I chose 5 stars not only for the product but for the outstanding customer service. I recieved a unit and it had an issue they not only told me how to fix it but they also sunt me another unit free of charge.! I recommend this product to anyone lookin for a great inverter for there car and who also loves great customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 4, 2014
I love this inverter. We use it when we go on road trips to keep our laptops functioning all the way to our destination and beyond. It works with our gaming computer and keeps both of them running continuously, no problem. We use a hotspot on our phones and we have internet most everywhere we go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite, February 17, 2014
Great no fan run until needed and have pluged in two devices. The plugs are easy to use with plenty of room for device transformers

4.0 out of 5 stars Powers all my gizmos., January 24, 2014
I bought this before taking a car trip to Florida so each of my kids could watch movies on their laptops during the trip. It easily powered two laptops while charging two cell phones at the same time. It comes with the hardware to mount the inverter permanently to your vehicle if you're going to use it all the time, which is also pretty nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars AC Power fine, UBS a No Go, January 7, 2014
Dr. Lawrence E. Fisher (Mountain View, California USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good features and great value, September 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned quite a few inverters over the years, and they are always handy to have in any car, having such a versatile one is even more of a plus. The USB ports allow you to drag fewer chargers along and it all but eliminates the need to have a 12V splitter. I haven't used it on tablets, but it charges phones nicely. The two outlets are reasonable for an inverter, and while perhaps not recommended, you can still use power strips, extension cords, etc... if you have more (low current) devices. My quirky Volvo has the battery in the back of the ole' grocery getter, which makes a direct hookup not only easy but practical. I haven't used many tools etc yet, but I think I could bust out a 42" LCD for football games. That sounds fun.

The pros are all above, and the cons are minimal, though worth noting: it's a little large (a tradeoff for it's higher output and features) and it's not really heavy duty in build (likely a cost tradeoff). If your primary need is power tools, get a more robust metal one for the job site and better yet look into getting a generator. For me, it's great.

Rate and Discover Movies