5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp. Clear. Quick. Excellent optic.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:11 Mins
Published on January 22, 2012 by R. Pearce

1.0 out of 5 stars not an EOTECH!
product pictured is not an eotech its a chinese knock off........ buyer beware
Published 4 months ago by Betty

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp. Clear. Quick. Excellent optic., January 22, 2012
Length:: 1:11 Mins

This weapon sight is a very nice product and well worth the expensive price tag. First of all this sight is designed for quick, close engagements, under 100 yards. The outer ring makes it very fast to pick up targets at close ranges of 10-15 yards or so. I like that it has a 1 MOA dot which only covers 1 inch of your target when aiming at 100 yards. It features crisp clear optics and it is parallax free. That means no matter where your head is positioned behind the sight if you can see that center dot that is where your rounds are going.

It was very easy to get it sighted in at 50 yards. Each click adjusts it about 1/4 inch at 50 yards or 1/2 inch at 100 yards. I would recommend using a bench rest or bipod to sight it in to make things easier. If you watch my video I show you what the reticle looks like when aiming through it. I would have liked to make a longer video but Amazon only allows 100 megabytes.

Like I said this sight is designed for close quarters fast acquisition of targets under 100 yards. If you really want to shoot long distances you would probably be better served using iron sights or some sort of scope which can be adjusted on the fly.

This optic has very clear glass and it's a breeze to shoot with both eyes open. When aiming you maintain a nice wide field of view which I like. Be sure to mount it as far forward on your weapon's receiver as possible so you get the widest view. It has unlimited eye relief so it doesn't have to be close to your eye for the reticle to be clear.

I have put a few hundred rounds through mine and haven't experienced any sort of malfunctions when shooting a 5.56mm round. If I have any problems with it down the road I will update the review but for now it's working great. It seems to have a very rugged aluminum hood surrounding the internal optics and I feel confident it could survive a fairly hard drop. Also it is rated waterproof to 33 feet. I personally have not dropped or submerged it however.

It weighs about 8 ounces which is a little bit more than the Aimpoint micro and those ounces could be a consideration if you have a very light weight weapon system. Also the Aimpoint's batteries will last years as opposed to the Eotech's advertised 500 hours. I ultimately decided on the Eotech because I like having the outer ring for shooting drills, it has a smaller 1 MOA target dot, and it is also a bit cheaper.

Pros:
Outer targeting ring for quick acquisition of targets at close ranges
Crisp clear targeting reticle easy to pick up with both eyes open
Allows shooter to maintain very large field of view
No parallax, point of aim wont change depending on where your head is positioned
Unlimited eye relief
Crystal clear optics
Seems to be fairly rugged
1 MOA dot is the smallest available on any red dot optic

Cons:
Substantially shorter battery life than Aimpoint
Takes a CR123 battery which is expensive and a little harder to find
Weighs about twice as much as an Aimpoint Micro and is wider

IMPORTANT: Remember always use caution when handling firearms and practice proper gun safety procedures. Don't get complacent, because that's when accidents happen i.e. clear your weapon EVERY time you handle it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best! Exceeded my expectations, May 6, 2012
Roger J. Buffington (Huntington Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
I am an avid shooter and I own numerous red-dot-sights for both rifles and pistols. For various reasons I decided to purchase the EOTech XPS2-0. Most EOTech sights, this one included, feature a circle-dot reticle: a 65 MOA circle with a 1 MOA dot in the center. I had initially been skeptical of the reticle type that the EOTech uses. I worried that it would be more distracting than the simple "red dot" reticle that most sights of this type use. After considerable use, I am now a believer in the EOTech reticle. Many in the military prefer the EOTech reticle because it makes fast target acquisition easier -- the shooter does not have to "hunt around" to find the reticle when trying to acquire and shoot the target. Further, the EOTech sight is very high-quality, and I have found that the reticle does not obscure the target or in any way interfere with precision shooting. The one MOA center dot is ideal for precision shooting while the 65 MOA circle aids in fast target acquisition. As with all red-dot-sights, the trick is to focus one's eye on the target, not the reticle. Through the magic of holographics, the reticle will then be in focus anyway, along with the target, making for an ideal sight picture. (A common error that shooters make with red-dot-sights is to focus their shooting eye on the reticle rather than the target.) The EOTech XPS2-0 is the only sight I have ever used in which it seemed natural to keep both eyes open while shooting. I am a shooter who otherwise has shot rifles and pisols with my left eye closed for the past 40 years.

There are other model variants of the XPS2 that have other reticle patterns. The pattern is not selectable on this model, however. It provides only the circle-dot reticle described in this review.

The sight is very easy to mount and zero. It has wonderful mounting hardware -- the user can choose between a large hand-adjustable bolt that secures the sight to a Weaver or Picatinny rail, or a smaller Allen-type bolt (the necessary Allen wrench is supplied as well). The advantage to the large hand-adjustable bolt is that it can be adjusted in the field in case one wishes to remove the sight. The zeroing hardware is excellent -- the sight provides large adjustable screws for windage and elevation with large lettering identifying which direction to move the adjustment to adjust Point of Impact of the rounds. I found the sight very easy to zero in at the rifle range. The adjustment hardware is first-rate. This, by the way, is a common shortcoming in some red-dot-sights. I have evaluated sights where the zeroing hardware was tiny little Allen screws that were very easy to strip and very difficult to manipulate at the range. I prefer a robust adjustment mechanism as is present on this EOTech model.

The construction of the EOTech XPS2-0 is robust and excellent, as one would expect for a military-grade sight. One missing feature to the sight is a dust cover. I get it that the sight is built to withstand rain and mud. But most users will come to appreciate and value this sight, and seek to take good care of it. It is surprising that EOTech does not provide a simple dust cover for the sight. Most users will purchase one of the after-market dust covers that are available.

In its price range the main competition for the EOTech XPS2-0 are the Aimpoint red-dot-sights. I have extensively used the Aimpoint H-1, which is a bit more expensive than the EOTech XPS2-0. Both are excellent sights and the user will not go wrong with either. Among other things, the Aimpoint H-1 is notoriously good as regards battery life, rated for an astounding number of continuous hours. The EOTech manual states that this one is good for around 600 hours. The EOTech warns the user when the battery is getting to the end of its service life, and due to the nature of lithium batteries, when this occurs, failure is not long to come. Longer battery life is an advantage of the Aimpoint. Another advantage of the Aimpoint is size. While the XPS2-0 is small, the Aimpoint H-1 is even smaller. In practice both sights are small enough to use even on a large pistol such as the Ruger Mark III pistol or a rail-equipped revolver. The size difference is probably unimportant for a rifle. The XPS2-0 fits superbly on a Ruger 10/22 rifle, for example. Either sight is ideal for rifle use. The EOTech, of course, has the EOTech circle-dot reticle while the Aimpoint approach is a small red-dot. Each has its advantages. I never thought I would say it, but I have come to prefer the EOTech approach. For shooting Zombies the quick target acquisition that the circle-dot reticle affords can be the difference between a dead Zombie and being overcome. Of course, the two sights are very different in that the EOTech is a holographic open sight while the Aimpoint H-1 is a tube-style sight. Both are superb, military-grade solutions and the user's preference is probably the final determinant as to which approach is better.

Overall, I am very enthusiastic about the EOTech XPS2-0. This is a beautiful, robust sight. It is not inexpensive and not everyone will want to spend as much money on the sight as many firearms cost. But for those who want the best in a non-magnified optical red-dot-sight, the XPS2-0 is an outstanding solution. Highly recommended without reservation. RJB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Holohraphic sight, April 30, 2011
J. Anderson (Saint Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
I own a few EOTech sights so I was familiar with their operation and characteristics before buying this one. For those folks who are also familiar with the operation of these sights I will curtail my review to the unique features of the XPS2-0 to "cut to the chase". The XPS2-0 is the standard sight picture model that has the dot with outer ring. The other two models (the XPS2-1 and 2-2) have different sight pictures (which are "just the dot, no ring" and drop compensated dots with ring). I'm a traditionalist so I always get the "standard" EOTech sight picture models.

The big "feature" of this sight compared to other EOTechs is the cross-mounted single CR123 battery compartment. EOTech sights have had issues in the past with the longitudinally mounted batteries. This new cross-mount design is supposed to rectify those issues. I honestly have not shot this sight enough yet to encounter any failures, so if that is a result of the alternate design or simply a short lifespan so far I do not know. Suffice it to say the nature of the issues with the old sights cannot occur on this model.

The second big "feature" of this sight compared to other EOTechs is it's size and height. This is one of the smallest sights EOTech makes as well as one of the shortest. I have this sight mounted on my AR15 SBR. The easiest way to describe it's size is that mine is mounted directly over my ejection port and the sight is as long as the port cover on the top rail. This sight sits low so your iron sights (in my case an LMT A2 rear and a standard front sight post) lie right in the middle of the EOTech field of view. Other EOTech sights sit higher and offer what is known as 1/3 co-witness, meaning your iron sights align low in the sight picture. This allows you to use the sight "above" your BUIS or irons. I am personally not partial to that. I like to keep my irons fully in my view. That way if for any reason the sight breaks or shuts off my eye is already trained down my iron sights and transitioning to them takes no time. It also goes without saying that this sight is quite light weight, but having it on and off my SBR is still noticeable.

Lastly this is a non-night vision model with rear facing buttons. I have no need for night vision compatibility and I prefer the buttons on the back of the unit, which makes it more ambidextrous. This model also comes with both a knurled knob and an allen wrench axle for mounting to your rail. I prefer the knurled knob and don't mind it sticking out as my LMT rear sight also has a knob. Plus I like being able to attach and remove both sights in the field without tools if necessary.

When it comes down to it, this is one of the smallest, lowest, lightest EOTechs you can buy. I believe this sight is ideal for SBRs or other light weight / small size builds. If I owned another small SBR like a PS90 flat top or HK94/MP5 I'd consider this sight again. But keep the feature list of this sight in mind when buying as some people do not like the low height, button placement or sight picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HWS, great sight for carbines, September 26, 2011
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
UPDATE at bottom of review, original review follows:

First off the review on here by J.Anderson hits all the right features of this sight. I started out with a red dot scope and quickly returned it for the XPS2. I have a 16" carbine, and the space on top of the receiver is very limited. The EOTech XPS2 fits perfectly and still allows me to install a rear flip up sight, and it does not protrude over the Delta ring so I can still remove the hand guard without removing this sight. All other HWS by EOTech are much longer due to the battery layout.

This sight comes shipped in a hard side container, which is nice step up from the lower quality sights that come packaged in cardboard and foam. I also like the option of having the mount secured with an allen key or the included knob that can be tightened by hand or an object such as a quarter.

At the range I was able to get this HWS on target quickly, and the required elevation and windage adjustments were easy and quick to make. The reticule has what seems to be an infinite number of brightness levels, although I'm not sure just how many there actually are. It definitely can be made extremely dim, to the point where the room has to be pretty dark to see it, and it can be very bright as well for those days out in the sun. This is a nice feature as other sights I've tried usually only have about 5 levels or so of adjustment.

My LGS has this sight for sale for over two hundred more than Amazon's price. I looked around quite a bit, and you'd have to get awful lucky to beat it.

UPDATE:
I've put over 2000 rounds through my rifle with the XPS on top now. Still holds perfect zero. Still shoots the lights out at 50 yds. It's accurate to 100yds, but I sighted mine in for 50 since that's where I do most of my shooting. I never expected it to be so pinpoint accurate, but I don't hesitate anymore...put the dot on it and pull the trigger.

Best money I've spent on Amazon, hands down. If you want a higher end optic I think you'll be happy with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but bigger than I thought, March 23, 2011
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
I got this for a OA-93 AR-15 pistol after the $300 green Lasermax I purchased from Amazon arrived after 2 weeks broken.

This Eotech is an awsome product on both my Ar-15s & built like a tank. I mounted the XPS2-0 on my regular AR-15 that's an A2 (non-removable handle). I put it on the hand guard between the front sight & the rear sight & it lines up perfectly to be co-witnessed. I don't think this is an accident. This is my 3rd red dot so that's what happens when you try to save money. The cheaper red dots can not handle the recoil of an AR-15. I've never heard of someone saying an EOtech sucks and there's a good reason why!

Also, buy this style (cr123 battery), the Eotechs that take AA batteries are MUCH bigger then they look on the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done, October 2, 2012
Dear Amazon Shopper,

The bottom line is, this sight is an excellent value for the money. The reticle brightness has the flexibility to be seen in full daylight while being reducible to a more tame level for nighttime use. The modifications to the sight to make it lower-profile than previous generations allows for full co-witnessing of iron sights, and this optic is perfect for use with EOTech's 3x flip-to-side magnifier for an MPO-style optic with a plain sight picture. This will leave you with plenty of space on your rail should you wish to mount a BUIS pair and a FTS magnifier. Sighting adjustments are accurate and easy to use and while I haven't subjected this sight to significant abuse, it has withstood rain and humidity as well as dry, sandy conditions with no ill-effect. It appears to be sturdily built, but it has not sustained any significant impacts in the time I've used it. In the year or so that I've owned this sight, I have not had to replace the battery, and the sight will automatically turn the battery off if it is left on without adjustment for a period of several hours, preventing you from being surprised by a dead optic, should you forget to turn it off. The controls are intuitive and the sight is excellent for rapidly acquiring targets CQB with both eyes open. The 3x FTS magnifier also works well with this optic, allowing you the flexibility to engage at intermediate ranges with no re-zeroing.

Overall, this is a durable, cost-effective optic from a reliable manufacturer that will significantly expand your weapon's target acquisition capability. NOTE that this version is not night-vision compatible and opts for a simpler sight-picture than other models (i.e. it does not have the mil-dots for ranged engagement, which IMHO are not really necessary for applications inside 200yards).

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll toss in my 5 stars, February 8, 2012
Tripwire (Under the Big Sky, Montana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
Like almost everyone else, I'm thrilled with this HWS. Didn't need NV capability, and wanted the durability, reliability and imaging of EOTech. Chose the 123 battery over the dual AA version to preserve more rail space (glad I did), I like the 123 battery platform, and the transverse mount makes more sense to me given the recoil environ this sight will inhabit.

By the way, I tossed this sight into my Amazon cart and sat on it watching the price fluctuate. At one point in the past, it dropped to $419. It had been hovering around $460. I told myself I'd buy it when it dropped to ~$419 again. Then one Sunday evening I noticed it was at $389! I ordered right away. Monday it was back up over $450 and haven't seen it below that since.

Score!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sight!, October 4, 2012
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
If you are looking for a cheap, inexpensive sight - this isn't it. I've used those "types" and they're great for .22's or perhaps the "occasional" shooter that only goes out 3-4 times per year. This sight is built to take years of abuse - even though it's extremely lightweight, with the shroud protecting the actual sight housing, this can take a beating.
One of the best aspects of this sight is the "intensity" that you can achieve. Living in Arizona, we have sun...lots and lots of sun! I can bring the intensity up to where in the mid-day sun you can see the pattern with absolutely no problem. I have not found another sight that works this well in our sun. Naturally, in the early morning or late evening, you can "dial it down" so it's easy on the eye.
The other aspect of working with this sight - as you work out to 100 - 200 yards, the pattern actually "seems" like it's on the target, not 6 inches in front of your face. When working up close, this pattern is really quick to "come on target."
I would say for those looking for a "lifetime" sight (one you will only need to put batteries in) you will not find a better piece of equipment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but works, March 3, 2013
lithos (Birmingham, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
This is solid as a rock and works excellently. It co-witnesses perfectly. However, I also own an Eotech 512 on another rifle, which is much less expensive and works and co-witnesses as well, This is more compact, which might be useful if you have or intend to buy a 3X magnifier, but other than that I don't see an advantage. The GG&G lens covers also function better on the 512 in my experience. Buy the 512 and save yourself some cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I ever imagined!, November 19, 2011
This review is from: EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight (Sports)
I purchased this item a couple of months ago and had not had a chance to use it until today. It only took a few minutes to sight it in and it was off to the races! I purchased a Rock River Arms NM A4 AR15. It also has exceeded my expectations. I did try the less expensive sight at first but was not happy and upgraded to the EOTech. In between the time of the first sight to the EOTech i Was using the iron sights that came with the gun and Started to really like them. I was starting to think, could the EOTech sight really be that good, could it be worth the money? It is all the money but well worth every penny in my eyes. It is true that between the time i purchased the sight to today when I actually got to use it, i was struggling with a little bit of buyers anxiety bordering on remorse due to the price. It is a whole new shooting experience for me. I enjoyed it so much more. I now have a new favorite gun and question if I will ever go back to a conventional scope. At least not for the type of shooting I do. I am certainly not sorry I made the purchase.

EOTech XPS2-0 HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight