on January 15, 2008
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This volume unfolds a series of events that clearly hurls the storyline to its inevitable climax (vol. 8).

There is the inevitable confrontation between Isaac and Yuri, who is distraught at the loss of her parents. Mine takes action -- it was so sudden and abrupt that I thought this was a dream sequence. About halfway through, I realised it was actually happening! Our old friend Sakaki finally makes a reappearance with news about a flaw in Isaac's genetic make-up. And which we see, has begun to manifest. Knowing he has little time left to live, Isaac resolves to create as much chaos and destruction as he can.

I would give this volume 5 stars but I think that it will probably appeal only to those who have stayed with it from the first volume. The artwork has a spareness, an emotional remoteness perhaps deliberately cultivated by the writer/artist and it is a style that may be hard to adjust to after reading 'normal' manga. But I think this may be especially appealing for sci-fi fans.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this also viewed
ES Vol. 5: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath)
ES Vol. 5: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath) by Fuyumi Soryo (Paperback - May 29, 2007)

ES Vol. 8: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath)
ES Vol. 8: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath) by Fuyumi Soryo (Paperback - March 18, 2008)

ES Vol. 4: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath)
ES Vol. 4: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath) by Fuyumi Soryo (Paperback - February 27, 2007)

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations