1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Heading for a Final Showdown, January 15, 2008
CaliAlly (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ES Vol. 7: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath) (Paperback)
This volume unfolds a series of events that clearly hurls the storyline to its inevitable climax (vol. 8).

There is the inevitable confrontation between Isaac and Yuri, who is distraught at the loss of her parents. Mine takes action -- it was so sudden and abrupt that I thought this was a dream sequence. About halfway through, I realised it was actually happening! Our old friend Sakaki finally makes a reappearance with news about a flaw in Isaac's genetic make-up. And which we see, has begun to manifest. Knowing he has little time left to live, Isaac resolves to create as much chaos and destruction as he can.

I would give this volume 5 stars but I think that it will probably appeal only to those who have stayed with it from the first volume. The artwork has a spareness, an emotional remoteness perhaps deliberately cultivated by the writer/artist and it is a style that may be hard to adjust to after reading 'normal' manga. But I think this may be especially appealing for sci-fi fans.

ES Vol. 7: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath)
ES Vol. 7: Eternal Sabbath (ES: Eternal Sabbath) by Fuyumi Soryo (Paperback - November 27, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.12