Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 29, 2013
I bought this thinking that I was going to get an insider subscription, and since there is no code on the label with an electronic edition I called ESPN for an insider code, they told me you can only get the code if you buy the hard copy magazine. That is the only reason I wanted the magazine.
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
Why can't I get this by using my current print subscription? With the iPad one can get it if they have a print subscription. I've notice that some other mags are the same way. Smithsonian doesn't allow access if you have a print subscription but National Geographic does. Seems there is something lacking by using the Kindle Fire as compared to the iPad. Frustration.
on September 15, 2012
The page view isn't really usable for anything other than looking at the magazine as it appears in print. I think the Kindle edition delivers the best of both worlds. You can peruse the magazine in page mode, switching into text mode when you run across something interesting, or stay in text mode and page through that way. Most of the pictures are available in text mode, plus the print is readable.

Magazines and graphic novels don't map to electronic readers well. It's going to take a company with some dedication to innovation to make it work. We'll also have to come to terms with the fact the tablet experience will never be the magazine experience. Just like the web has never been.
on September 15, 2012
While yes, the aspect ratio of ESPN the Magazine results in wasted space at the top and bottom of the magazine and forcing people to pinch and zoom frequently, the text feature is a nice addition to make it easier to read just the body of the articles and I can't really blame Amazon since the problem is the size of the actual ESPN Magazine in real life.

All the content is there, just like the actual magazine, and Amazon does offer a way to make the articles easier to read. It's not the most pleasing reading experience, but for fans of the magazine articles it's still readable and functional.
on October 22, 2013
When I subscribe to a magazine, I look forward to receiving it each month. ESPN The Magazine is the exception to that rule. The visuals are over the top, the writing is poor and their "theme" issues can be very unappealing. Currently, they have an NBA preview issue almost completely devoted to LeBron James...garbage can. Recently, they offered an issue devoted to The Bay Area...don't live there, don't care...bird cage material. Also, they recently featured a Boxing Issue. Really? Litter box filler. If it wasn't for the ESPN Insider access, I'm fairly certain no one would ever subscribe to this rag.
VINE VOICEon September 6, 2012
This is a perfect example of why Amazon had to get into the tablet market with a larger screen size: to be able to read magazines and content. Currently, ESPN the magazine on my Fire loads like a non-HD program on a HD tv: black lines above and below. That's right. The Fire shrinks the size of the page to fit it on the screen. What happens when you turn Fire to compensate you ask? It goes into unreadable 2 page mode shrinking text and pictures even more.

The only way anybody could read this is by pinching and zooming to read the words, then having to move the page around with your finger to continue to read. Idiotic. Pathetic. Worthless.

I love my Fire and basic Kindle for reading books. But magazines? No way.

Yes I know there is a "text view" to make reading it easier. However, I don't want to read a magazine in "text view". If it won't work in "page view" like a real magazine, why offer it at all?
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
With digital version of ESPN the magazine you should have insider access. With the kindle version I am not able to get access to ESPN insiders content.
on November 24, 2015
Digital magazines purchased from Amazon are only viewable on tablets like the Fire. So if you wanted to read the magazine on a PC, you're out of luck. Caveat emptor.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2015
I don't know how ESPN does it. The last years issue was outstanding. This one is even better. Beautiful photos. A must
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2015
Great magazine, insightful stories.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse