ESV Study Bible in Kindle format I have purchased a few Bibles on my Kindle with mixed results as to how "Kindle-friendly" they are.

Can anyone comment on the new ESV Study Bible and the ease of its use on the Kindle?
asked by Darth Chooch on October 27, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 52 answers
A
i just bought it for my new Kindle and am getting used to it... I don't think I've mastered the search functions, but i love having such a comprehensive volume in such slim device... i also have an iPhone and really love having it on that..in fact it is easier to do searches so far
Marc M. Sager answered on October 29, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do you have to flip every page to get from Genesis to a later Bible book or can you go straight to any book or chapter in the Bible on the Kindle 2 with this ESV Study Bible?

Is the best way to get to the book of Mark to type a search for Mark or can you go to the Table of Contents and click on Mark to go there?
Henry Jay Kiser Jr. answered on October 29, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the Kindle1; the maps and illustrations are in the Kindle-grey-tone and are somewhat small (due to the size of the screen). There are helpful links, with each illustration, giving me the opportunity to see them on the internet; I just haven't taken the time to look them up.
I would say, in my humble opinion, if you are looking to buy the ESV specifically for the color illustrations/charts/maps, you may want to go with the print version. I purchased it mainly for the study notes and commentary, which transitions extremely well to the Kindle format.
Darth Chooch answered on December 21, 2009
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I find I go back to the Table of Contents and then to that book ...
Marc M. Sager answered on October 29, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm particularly interested to know whether the color illustrations in the ESV Study Bible transfer well to Kindle, or is that nice feature lost? Several reviewers of the print version have commented on how nicely it uses color. Is it worth buying the print copy of this bible, instead of Kindle?
Kenneth Wilson answered on December 20, 2009

A
Does the Kindle edition come with a key for the ESV online study version?
ViolinMama73 answered on January 6, 2010

A
I am also having trouble downloading the ESV Study Bible to my Kindle 2. It has been more than two hours! Did yours finally download? 4 hours later.......SUCCESS!! Was nervous about the time lapsing because this was my first purchase. The wait was worth it!
J. Cox answered on December 26, 2009

A
I love the kindle version. How a reader uses it for study may make a difference in how user friendly it is, but I haven't had any problems finding what I want. I love the way you can hypertext from scripture to comments. The only problem is the pictures. They are not as clear as I would like.
Carla West answered on January 17, 2010

A
Don't think so, since I didn't receive one via Kindle but did with my hardcopy edition.
Keith Wissman answered on January 6, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I ended up buying the ESV Study Bible. I had my Kindle plugged in, and allowed it to go into sleep mode; it still took over an hour to download. I live in a small town, I had about 3 bars of signal strength (might have worked faster in a bigger city).
You could try plugging your Kindle in and leaving it turned on to download overnight (while you are sleeping). It should still download when the screensaver turns on.
Good Luck!
Darth Chooch answered on November 3, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product