Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 1, 2010
I purchased this computer for my son for Christmas. I was a bit apprehensive to buy a touch screen for him, but I went for it. I don't regret my decision. This computer is very compact, but powerful. I considered buying the MSI computer but was not available. The only thing I miss is the CD/DVD drive that MSI does has. I was able to calibrate the touch screen without any problems. Its comes with Windows XP and ASUS quick reference program, that is worth it.I am going to upgrade this computer buying the external CD/DVD drive that is offer here at Amazon. I don't have any complains yet, I am very happy with my purchase and my son loves it.
on April 8, 2010
I bought this to be used as a front desk computer for a hotel that I own, and while it seems to be a pretty cool computer, the touch screen felt really cheap and the display arrived blurry... and the USB ports would recognize everything we connected to it, but when using the USB devices the entire computer would completely freeze for a while. Too bad, because I really, really like other Asus products that I own...
on March 11, 2010
I bought this for the wife. We have it in the kitchen and she uses it to keep her recipes, rate them, and other cooking things. The only bad thing is it did not come with a cd/dvd player. We bought a USB one however, and now she will watch movies or listen to music in the kitchen. Works great for what we use it for. It is not a gaming machine though.
on September 16, 2010
I purchased this computer for a little under $400 a month ago as a replacement for a 7 year old Dell laptop with a Celeron II processor. It's amazing in some respects to me that 7 years later after purchasing the Dell laptop for perhaps $900 I'm able to now find a computer with more features -- touch screen, built-in WiFi -- for almost half the price. At roughly 10 lbs the computer is also highly portable (although you'll need access to a power outlet).

The processor speed is marginally faster than the Intel Celeron II on my old laptop, but it is noticeably slower in loading software and even in terms of web browsing compared to a 3 or 4 year old, not nearly top-of-the-line, HP desktop that I use with a Pentium 4. The start-up times are actually faster for the EEE Top than the HP desktop -- and much, much faster than the Intel Celeron II. Credit to the Asus for not loading the computer up with a bunch of non-essential programs.

To maximize the speed and keep from loading up the hard drive, I'm also using flash-drives (the computer has plenty of USB ports, which is another nice feature); I have a lean virus software in VIPRE (half the space requirement of the typical virus program, quick operating speed); I have a pretty lean Microsoft photo editing program that's a pared down version of Adobe Photoshop, which is fine for my purposes (essentially touching up family photos); I also purchased an external DVD-CD recordable drive since one isn't installed (adds about $40 to the cost).

Overall, the EEE Top is a serviceable web-browsing computer; it's also good for running basic computer task such as word processing and other routine tasks. I still use the HP with a Pentium IV process as the primary computer, but the EEE Top is nice to have around as a back-up or for when the other computer is being used by other family members. At the $400 and below price point, it's hard to find a better value.
on March 23, 2010
This PC isn't going to win any speed or performance awards, but it works well, the touch screen is responsive, and it just plain works. I use it in my kitchen for watching Hulu, listening to Podcasts, and looking up recipes.
on November 29, 2010
We are using this computer for a specific purpose... as the front end of a touch screen photo booth. It is serving its purpose well. The screen is fair to poor - poor colors and not great for video graphics. The touch screen works well. For the price, there was nothing that matched. We are very happy.
on November 5, 2010
Product received defective, can't connect to wireless internet. Called ASUS, they claimed that it's not the problem with their computer but my wireless. Considering all the other computers are working properly in my apartment, including two other ASUS notebooks and a Fujitsu which uses the same model of LAN card, how can a reasonable person ever make such a conclusion?

Adorama's response was fast but helpless. In fact, they insisted that all the computers and notebooks bought from them can't be returned or exchanged once opened even if they are defective.

So, good luck shopping with Adorama or ASUS!

============
update:

So previously I gave one star for this computer because of the wireless defection. After over a month's struggling, I finally got it connect to the internet. What I did is just changing some settings of wireless connection. Of course, there were times when this computer was not working properly offline with hardly being used and I had to recover the system at least twice. In order to do so, I had to buy an external DVD drive. Anyway, now it's working. Still feeling traumatized and frustrated with this experience, I can't give it more than 3 stars. If I, a common user, can fix the problem by simply clicking on some buttons, why the technique support staff at ASUS can't figure it out? Absolutely NOT recommend ASUS or Adorama.

===========
update:

Last week I thought the internet problem was fixed. But after several days sitting on my desk without being used at all, today, when I really needed to do some research online, guess what? The wireless stopped working again!

Previously, it said it "was unable to find the certificate" to connect, this time it got simpler: Window was unable to connect. Great! I don't know what to say to this product and its manufacturer.
on September 13, 2012
We use these in our auction business as check-in kiosks for bidders. They work great and have been in service since purchase.
on October 19, 2015