5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Useful for Jewelry making!
Published 12 months ago by beedyreader

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality tool
Published on September 11, 2010 by Patty Dykstra

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality tool, September 11, 2010
Patty Dykstra "pattyd3" (Hamilton, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EURO TOOL (PIN-225.05) 1.2mm & 1.8mm Wire Rounder Set (Misc.)
Don't be fooled by the name of this "Eurotool," it is definitely Not European quality or origin. Though there were no markings on the tool or package as to country of manufacture, it was obviously from China and of poor quality. The wood handle is cheaply made/inferior wood- the first one I received was cracked. The seller sent a replacement and though it was not cracked, I decided to return it, because I want better quality tools for my jewelry making.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless. Zero Stars If Possible., February 8, 2013
Diana Dickerson (Southeast Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
Poor quality. The little barrel chuck is too small and won't expand to allow insertion of the rounding bits. The rounders are not rounded inside and not uniform in shape. Wooden end pops-off constantly. Even though it was inexpensive, I'm probably returning it just on the principal of that a company would sell such a piece of junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Useful for Jewelry making!, January 26, 2014
It comes with two cup burs, and two chuck keys, one hidden inside the column. Those are what hold the stem of the cup bur, and you rotate the top collar to tighten or loosen, just like you would on a drill. The wooden handle cups in your palm comfortably so your fingers can spin the bit very easily in whichever direction you choose. And take note that it can take about 20-30 good turns to round off an end piece IF it's been flush-cut. It may take more than that if it were sharper, or at an odd angle/cut weirdly, etc. Yet the free-spinning ability this tool provides makes quick work of it, and is really effective.

Be sure to use the cup bur that's the tightest/closest fit, or else it'll take longer to work. Either way, experiment with approaching that end wire from different angles to see what works best for whichever design you're working on. As with any tool, it will take practice before you're able to quickly round off wire without a hitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice wire rounder, September 8, 2010
Teresa Johnson (Spirit Lake, IA, USA) - See all my reviews
This wire rounder works really well. Great for rounding off the ends of ear wires. The differently sized burr cups are great for those of us using different gauges of wire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable!, April 7, 2013
I LOVE this tool! it makes quick work of rounding the ends of wire, so it catches on customer's clothing less. Every jewelry designer should have one. The file not in use stores inside the case, so it is really handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, June 28, 2013
Needed this to complete wire jewelry projects and this does the job. Not sure how it will stand up to over time, but is good for starters.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it. The wooden knob turns and turns but ..., July 15, 2014
I purchased this tool a while back and just used it, yesterday, so it's too late to return. I don't like it. The wooden knob turns and turns but that is all it does. It doesn't turn the cup, itself, and I have to do that manually. Only one of the cups fit my smaller wire. The smallest cup is no use to me for what I do. I don't think you get what you pay for. The price is too high. I wonder if I could have simply purchased an assortment of cups and used them in my drill or dremel? I certainly would have gotten more for the money at around the same price. This was a waste.

3.0 out of 5 stars ONLY "OK", July 7, 2014
Some things I had read gave me the impression that if I had one of these tools, just a couple of swirls around in the cup would do the trick. My dissatisfaction with this tool may be due to my own inexperience, or I bought the wrong size for the wire, or something. Be that as it may, in my hands this tool didn't do any better at smoothing the ends of the wire I use in jewelry than a fine-grit of sandpaper, and it was just as easy, or easier to give the wire a few swipes with the sandpaper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, February 9, 2012
paxaw (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Bur cups are smaller than I expected, but these are my first, so what do I know? Took several twists of the wire to round off the edge, but eventually made it smooth. Tool is solid and no problems so far. Would purchase this set again if I had to do it over. Good value.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, June 17, 2014
I got this set and I was excited, but I cannot keep the things that fit inside from falling out. I have tried everything ...

EURO TOOL (PIN-225.05) 1.2mm & 1.8mm Wire Rounder Set