Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 27, 2010
I found this model at a local warehouse store and bought it after much debate about whether to go for the Cuisinart or the Kitchenaid. I'm glad I went for this model. It costs less than the Kitchenaid and therefore doesn't have as many gadgets with it, but for my needs at the moment 2 slicing/shredding discs and a 2 blades (pureeing/mixing and dough blade) are good enough for me. The quality of the processor is great. Easy to assemble and the work bowl is very easy to clean. The work bowl has been redesigned from earlier models with little oval openings in the handle in case any water gets in while washing, so it will dry out thoroughly.

The safety features are great too. My first couple times using the machine I didn't have the bowl properly attached, so after a few seconds of me thinking I got a lemon because nothing happened when I pushed the ON button, I realized it was the error of my ways for not attaching the work bowl properly on the base.

It has lots of power. I got it for myself at Christmas 2009 and I've made salsas, pestos, dips. It shreds cheese like a dream. I've sliced every kind of vegetable I could think of slicing, and I LOVE this machine. I love cooking and never really minded doing all the prep with chopping veggies but I've had a epiphany with this processor. It's now my superhero in the kitchen.

And the another great bonus is that it comes with a 10 year warranty. Kitchenaid only has a 1 year warranty which also made me very leary about that product. If a company can stand behind the quality of their product why only give it a warranty for 1 year. (Not to diss Kitchenaid, I have a stand mixer from them that I love) but I felt more comfortable buying a processor that came with a 10 year warranty. But remember folks, read the manual before using it. After reading hundreds of reviews on food processors before buying one for myself, I came to the conclusion that alot of low reviews were because of user error.
on January 24, 2010
I have never owned or used a food processor. I have been researching them and collecting opinions for a few days now. I decided on this one based on a very similar Cuisinart I looked at in a store. I ended up buying this one because it was nearly identical but about $30 less. The only thing I have not been able to figure out is how powerful the motor is, but I decided that what mattered was whether it did what I needed it to do.

So I came home and watched the DVD and read through the instruction book. I decided first to make hummus, which I have always made in a blender or with an immersion blender. I was never able to get it as smooth as I'd like it and I hoped a food processor would take care of that for me. After that I planned to make orange bran flax muffins, which I also used to make in a blender, which left some chunks of orange peel a bit larger than I'd prefer.

The hummus was easy to put together since the bowl is larger than I used to work with for blending needs. I turned it on and started cleaning up while it blended away. It came out beautifully blended and smoother than any hummus I ever made with other appliances. But this should be easy for a food processor. I was pleased that cleanup was so easy, just hand-washing the pieces, to move on to the muffins.

These muffins take 2 whole oranges, which need to be blended. The blender handled them OK, but left some chunks of peel I was never able to completely get rid of. The food processor took care of it completely and easily. I was very pleased with the consistency.

My only problem was user error and I will share this for other food processor newbies. I totally missed the "max liquid level." The orange mixture came out and ran across the counter. Oops. I poured it into a big bowl and blended one half then the other.

So my end result is I am unsure if I should get a bigger capacity food processor, but I have little space and this one worked so well and looks so nice I think I will keep it.
on April 6, 2010
I know I sound like everyone else, but after a TON of research, I decided to go with a Cuisinart. I found this 11 cup Custom Prep brushed stainless at Costco for $149. Although it didn't have many reviews yet, I liked the fact that it had a large opening to drop food in, was brushed stainless and an excellent price.
It is the most simple thing to use and even easier to clean up. I love to cook and usually spend hours chopping. I now realize that I should have bought one much sooner! it is quiet and powerful and looks good too. The first thing I made with it was potato salad. What would have normally taken me an hour and 1/2 to chop everything, only took me 4 minutes...WOW! It chops a full onion perfectly in seconds. I'd HIGHLY recommend this!
on October 17, 2010
First off, I can't get over how QUIET this thing is! For a big food processor mixing and chopping a lot of food at once, this is very quiet. I can use this when my kids are napping with no fear that I'll wake them. My husband was amazed himself with how quiet it was.

I am also very impressed with how quickly it purees and chops. I make a lot of soups and sauces with steamed or baked veges and all I do is push the ON button and within seconds-literally, seconds- the whole bowl is pureed. The clean-up is also very quick and easy as the parts are top rack dishwasher safe. I also like the safety features. There are several steps that HAVE to be taken when locking the lid on, locking the bowl, etc. in order for the machine to turn on and run. It makes sure no one is going to lose a finger and I feel safe that my small kids can't just plug it in and turn it on.

I have owned a few less expensive and smaller food processors but once I used this one, there is no going back. It is worth more than every penny spent on it! We actually debated getting it because of the price, even though it had high ratings and feedback. It is an investment though and we decided with how often we use it (at least once a week) it was best to spend the money and get a good one. I am so glad we did! I really recommend getting this one!

A word of advice though: If you don't need it right away, wait for a sale. I have seen this same model/size at Bed, Bath and Beyond. If you wait for a sale and save all those coupons up, you can get a really great deal from them. The only reason we got ours from Amazon is because our local BB&B was out of stock. Amazon does have this model on sale several times a year though too.
on October 24, 2010
I use the food processor a lot and I have some positive and negative experiences with it.
It takes a little too much time to start the machine with all the assembling. At our place more than one person use it and some people have difficulties to figure out how it works.
The opening on the feeding area is not at all as wide, as it was advertised. It looks wide, but it is narrowed down. In addition the top has to be taken apart in two steps in order to open up the machine, instead of one step that is usually the case with other food processors.
When using the cubing function it does not chop evenly and only can chop a small amount, so I have to work in small portions. That is when taking apart the machine in more then one step gets time consuming.
Other than that it works just fine. Time will tell how sturdy it is.
If you do not cook a lot it is an OK piece to have.
on September 20, 2010
What can I say about a product that saves time and performs extrodinarily beyond expectations. Shredding,chopping, and dough making have never been so perfect and complete. For the money ($79.00) at costco you get all the blades you need and enough capacity to accomodate any receipe. If you love to cook and have not yet incorporated a food proccesor into your arsenal of kitchen appliances it is time to invest. With a 10 year motor waranty and 3 years on all the included accesssories how can you go wrong with this product.
on November 17, 2011
I have only had this food processor for about 2 months (and have never owned one before), so this will not be an extensive review. As other have mentioned, I selected Cuisinart because it seemed the best value for your money, and got good reviews. So far I have used this for processing pumpkin, and shredding cheese and potatoes. My first experience with it - the pumpkin processing - was a bit of an adventure, but mostly due to user error. I was planning to make pumpkin soup, which I had never made before, and did not cook the pumpkin before trying to shred and puree the pumpkin. I ended up putting the pumpkin in the blender at the end in order to get it smooth, but I think it was due to not having cooked the pumpkin first. Since then I have used it for shredding cheese which took about 10 seconds, which was fantastic. I also used it to shred fresh potatoes to freeze for hash browns, which worked really well.

I can't wait to find more uses for this food processor and will update in a few months

Already I am falling in love with it because it is such a time saver!

Edit (12/13/12)
This product has been key in my endeavors into salsa-making. It saves me so much time in chopping vegetables. I can just cut tomatoes in half and throw large chunks of vegetables in there and it all comes out pretty evening chopped. Occasionally I will have to scrape the sides with a spatula to make sure is evenly blends, but all in all I am still very happy with this food processor. My only complaints are: there are many pieces to clean when you are finished, and there isn't any way to adjust thickness if you want to slice something as there is only one slicing disk. My husband also thinks it's too complicated to put all the pieces together to use it, so he never uses it.

Edit February 2016
This food processor still works perfectly, and we are very satisfied with our purchase of this product.
on April 18, 2011
I received this food processor as a wedding gift in 2008. It sat under my counter for about 8 months as I wasn't really certain that this 11-cup monster would be a useful and frankly, I didn't think I would use it other than occasionally. One day, I put in the DVD and saw all of the ways I could use it and It's been sitting on my kitchen counter ever since. We shred cheese blocks and are able to save money versus the bagged cheese we buy in the store. I chop vegetables, slice carrots and potatoes and make salsa, pesto and hummus. I've used the dough attachment, and it's ok, but I prefer to use my stand mixer for dough. I do wish the slicing blade cut a little thicker but I guess they sell one separately. For as much as I use it, I have thought about investing in another work bowl. For frequent use, it's been worth the time and money. If you love to cook, or if you cook and love to save time, it's a great product. It's so easy my husband likes to use it too!
on April 2, 2011
I waited years to be able to afford the 'luxury' of a real Cuisinart.

So when my old Hamilton Beach processor finally died I splurged.

To start with this thing is very hard to clean.
If you want things chopped evenly you have to do them in very small batches, on pulse, watching very closely and remove them from the cup. Even then it is very uneven. Onions come out partly liquid and partly whole.

BTW the feeding slot on top is not the large mouth you see in the picture. The large part comes out but the machine will not run if it isn't inserted almost all the way. So much of the 'slice tomatoes' schtick from the ad.

If you are trying to mix thick and thin together forget it. There is no movement within the cup. The part on the bottom will liquify while the upper part will simply rotate. Adding a scoop of ice cream to a strawberry shake tonight was the last straw. It liquified half and left the other half of the ice cream unmixed even tho I used pulse and re-arranged it several times.

The dough blade should be called a masher. Don't expect to be able to 'cut' lard and flour for pie crust. Again it only mixes the bottom.

If you only use your machine for puree you should be fine.

Maybe I'll just order myself a new Hamilton Beach and hide this in the back of the garage.
on July 5, 2012
We have had this food processor for about 2 years. We use it at least 3 times a week. I can't imagine life without it. it grates a block of mozzarella cheese in seconds (without freezing it first). We don't wash the plastic in the dishwasher. Maybe that's why the plastic parts have lasted so long. Take care of it and it will take care of you.

See 1 answered question