5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Blend., August 24, 2012
This review is from: EVELO Aries Electric Bike with Shimano Alivio 8-Speed Drivetrain & 250W Mid-Drive Motor
I own a couple of these bikes as rentals for my tours in Northern Michigan. I tested a lot of bikes that do not have the power. I was a bit sceptical that a small 250 watt motor would outperform a 500 watt motor, but it does. The hill climbing torque is very impressive. The integrated battery in the frame is also a big plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with my Evelo Aries, January 14, 2013
I am extremely satisfied with every aspect of my Evelo Aries purchase.
I decided to purchase the Evelo Electric bike after reading onlines reviews about several electic assist bikes available. I made the correct decision. Let me explain. First of all, I live in Los Angeles and there are no dealers here but after talking to the Evelo staff over the phone, I gained confidence that I could put easily assemble the bike when it arrived. Also, the staff is extremely courteous and helpful making sure to be available by both email and telephone. It came within a few days by FedEx. I found that it was easier than I expected. The bike is almost full assembled and it was almost intuitive on how to put finish the job. It took about one hour.
How does the bike perform. It is amazing! I purchased the NuVinci upgrade which allows for easy and unlimited changes in gear ratios. It works excellently for me going up hills on the way to work. I also love the ability to change the amount of electrical assist. This allows me to do a work out type ride with low or no assist or a get to work ride without having to change my clothes when I get to work. I am a physician and am conscious of not offending my patients when I get to work.
In sum, this is a great piece of machinery which works for my needs for commuting and exercising--as well as keep my car off the street using lots of fuel.