Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Evertech 1MP CMOS Sensor 720P AHD / 1000TVL Regular Analog Vandal Proof 24 IR Wide Angle Lens White Dome Camera with OSD Button for CCTV Systems
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 1, 2014
I bought this to replace one of the swann cameras I have that came with a dvr package. I wanted one like this because it's white, small, and has a much wider angle. The wide angle was important to me. I mounted this on the roof of my front porch and I can see everything now. With the old camera I could only see about half. I already had the wires run and hole drilled for the camera, so switching out my old ones for this was simple. The plugs are standard bnc and normal power cable. The picture quality on these is better than the ones I had but not by much. I don't really blame the camera though since it's probably the DVR that's the bottle neck now. I'll be ordering more.

Edit: I just got a second one in and installed it. No real difference in performance compared to the other one. Everything is ok with it. However I have noticed the night operation isn't the best. My first one is under an always lit porch and is good, the second on the driveway which is very dark at night. If it is pointing to a pitch black area, you get some of the IR/lens reflection going on and night vision is maybe 20 ft at best. This isn't a deal breaker for me but if you need night vision in general with a security camera system, look in to motion sensor lights or IR flood lights. For security, motion sensor lights would be good to have anyways. There are solar powered ones if you don't want to run wires.

Final edit: So these are alright. I was disillusioned to think these were good though. If you have a DVR camera system with bnc plugs, then these are fine. But comparing these to a 1080p IP camera, I wasted money on these. Buying a security camera DVR system and replcaing it with better cameras was just a complete waste of money in the end. I should have just used that money to get IP cameras. It would have cost me less to do that. I use Zoneminder with new IP cameras and will never look back. Just some thoughts for you if you are considering a camera system.
on October 27, 2014
The 700TVL has about the same clarity as the cameras that came with my Nightowl system which I consider to be good. It hooked right up to the Nightowl system without any problem.
I found this camera very very difficult to adjust. When you get the housing loose enough to make adjustments it is SO loose that the ring falls off. Also once I finally got it adjusted, tightening up the lock ring caused the camera to move and I was constantly having to hold the slick cam housing with a lot of force to keep it straight. I am not sure the average person would have much luck with that.
Another issue I had, was that I wanted a WIDE-ANGLE view which is why I originally purchased the 700TVL. Although it is a wider angle than the 4 stock cameras that came with my system, it's almost negligible additional width. Just guessing, but
i would say the stock cameras have about a 30 degree view and the 700TVL has maybe 40 to 45 degree. I was hoping for at least 90 degrees of view. I suppose my next attempt will have to be some type of Fish-Eye lense.
on June 23, 2014
I've purchased these to replace some older 400TVL cameras still working. I wanted to see if the picture quality would be an improvement. I can't see much of a difference between them during the day time. At night they seem to have a foggy image in low light. Some of the cameras begin to show a grainy picture. These are definitely not 700TVL cameras.Overall the quality and price is good compared to 400TVL cameras so I don't see why I should waste more money on other cameras.
on June 16, 2014
Let's be honest, this is a cheap camera. It's a good deal for what you pay. A few things you should know:

The quality of video isn't that great. Just fine for a front door camera, but the quality video range is minimal. IR works just fine.

The 'rotate' function is a little tight - you'll need to manhandle the lens to position it just right. Metal body means it's decent quality build, but it's very tight to try and rotate the lens.
on April 19, 2014
Its a Little darker picture than the SWAN it replaced, it does give me a 20% bigger field of view but at night its infra red LED's cause its camera to show rings like heavy smoke rings and its night vision is half of what the Swan was. May be getting relegated to a parts draw as a spare and a new one found to replace it. NOT what I expected at all for more money than the others.
on December 16, 2014
Problem was I ordered 800 TV Lines, on the box it said 700 TV Lines, but I wanted to see the difference with the 600 lines that I have now, and it was not any better with 100 more TV Lines, so it's possible that it was not even 700 TV Lines, so I returned both of the orders.
on April 9, 2015
We decided to buy this camera after a thief came and stole the Q-See Camera from our church. This EVERTECH camera has a great view during the day but at night it is very poor comparing to the Q-See product. This camera needs to be improved the night vision.
on January 23, 2015
I purchased a Defender surveillance system that came with 8 channel DVR and 4 cameras that I placed outside, I purchased four of these cameras to supplement the system by using them indoors aimed at entry doors and main hallways in my home, These cameras all worked fine, only took minutes to install, and have a great field of view. I placed them on the ceiling in the corners of two rooms and can almost see the entire room. Night vision works well, small units that are hardly noticeable. They are a little difficult to aim and keep the aim point while tightening up the housing but wasn't that big of a deal to me.
on July 2, 2015
After reading lots of reviews I decided to purchase a few. They have not disappointed me yet. They work well in daylight and at night they work as expected. I believe you can see for about 10 feet at night.
on April 7, 2014
These cameras are great for your home or office. I install security systems for a living. When on a budget, but still want a good quality picture, this is your go to camera. 700TVL, good infrared, good viewing area.