Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

on June 1, 2012
If you are debating between the stock version of this card or the FTW card definitely go for the FTW edition. The FTW edition has a full length PCB while the reference design (stock) has a shortened PCB. With a full PCB you have extra cooling advantages and more high overclocks. Right now I got a nice stable overclock with the power target in between 125-130% with +100MHz GPU clock offset. With that I got a clock speed of 283MHz over stock. 1289MHz for core clock.

Stock speeds on GTX 260 benchmark test: 54FPS
Stock speeds on GTX 670 benchmark test: 140FPS
Got 148FPS same test with this overclock. (roughly 28% overclock)

Another benchmark to help show how good this card is:
Call of Duty MW2 and Call of Duty MW3 get about 90-92 FPS across 3 full HD monitors. (5760x1080) Max every setting.

The card runs cool. In my system idles about 45 degrees and about 70 with Full load and overclock.

You will not be disappointed in this purchase! 5 stars for AMAZON, EVGA, and NVIDIA!

***UPDATE***
Runs Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 at 1920x1080 max graphics at 130-160FPS
across 3 1080p monitors (5760x1080) you get about 70-75FPS at max graphics.

Crysis 3 Open Beta: Maxed graphics gave about 50-60FPS
With 3 monitors and lowering one setting you get a strong 30 FPS average

As you can see the card still dominates newer games as well
77 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2012
When EVGA released the GTX 680, I was really hoping to get my hands on one to upgrade from a GTX 570 SC. These dreams quickly died when I saw how third party vendors were price gouging these cards hundreds of dollars above MSRP due to limited quantities.

I then looked into the GTX 670's. If I was going to be spending several hundreds of dollars, I wanted to make sure I would have no buyer's regret. I looked at the clock speeds of the GTX 670 FTW and then looked up the clock speeds of a GTX 680. To my shock, they were exactly the same! I quickly compared the prices. About a $100 dollar difference! I was immediately sold on the GTX 670 FTW. This card is absolutely the best value for your buck when buying into the GTX 600 series cards.

After several days of use, the card runs very quiet and cool. Significantly cooler than my previous GTX 570 SC. Furthermore, this card can be overclocked using EVGA Precision X software.

*Author's Note: I ended up buying my GTX 670 FTW from Newegg because at the time of my purchase (May 24th) this item was not being listed on Amazon. These cards have been price reduced $20 due to a recall of some GTX 670 SC's. Also, my card came in plastic packaging instead of the normal EVGA black foam and one of the included cables was out of its packaging.

/watch?v=GlpVho-0pew --Unboxing Video
review image review image
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2012
I can't tell how this compares with previous Nvidia GTX generations because the last consumer graphics card I owned was a 9800GX2. At it's time that was one of its best but still couldn't handle Crysis at maximum settings.
This on the other hand cuts through Crysis and Crysis 2 like butter at 1920x1200 with everything set to maximum. The card is quiet and looks very cool inside my black on the inside PC case.
I don't see any reason to buy a second for SLI because this can handle anything. Diablo 3 also runs without hick-ups in case you were wondering.

I'm finally pleased and overjoyed to own a card like this that can handle everything I trow at it, maximum settings without the noise and heat of older generation cards.

And of course you can't go wrong with EVGA. The package contents and presentation is top notch and so is the build quality of the card.

I really love this card!
on April 12, 2013
I recently bought an alienware x51 2months ago came with the following specs

*3rd Generation Intel® Core(tm) i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
*Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
*8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
*2TB Serial ATA 3 Hard Drive
*NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5
*No Monitor

The GTX 660 is a decent card but I wanted to max all the games I play at 1080p Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider 2013, Bioshock Infinite, and of course the Final Fantasy 14 Beta. The GTX 670 gets it all done. Plays Guild Wars 2 Max Settings, Battlefield 3 Max Settings no issues. Bioshock Infinite Max Settings no issue. Tomb Raider 2013 Max Settings no Issue. The Witcher 2 I have to lower 2 things, but it still runs excellent.
on June 22, 2012
These cards, and all GTX 670 cards out there, are amazing values. There is a negligible difference in performance between the GTX 670 and the GTX 680. Not to mention, that this card is factory overclocked right out of the box. I easily get 70 fps on ultra in Battlefield 3, and even higher in Civilization V. I get high fps in Starcraft 2 as well on Ultra settings, but a good CPU is better than a good GPU in that game. Using EVGA Precision X, I can set the target frame rate at 60 fps, and the card won't even use the full GPU power available at 1080p to get 60 fps.

One that that has disappointed me is that my card does not overclock as far as others who have FTW cards. I can only hit a 1268 MHz boost clock vs 1300 MHz, and my memory clock can only get to about 3247 MHz vs 3500MHz+ that others report they can get to. In short, the GPUs put into making these cards are not binned, and are instead just tested to make sure they can run at the factory overclock, which most 670 GPUs should be able to do. So if you are looking for strong overclocking, you're playing the silicon gamble just like any other card. In fact, I suggest looking into purchasing a 7870 or a 7970 (Soon to drop in price with the release of the 7970 GHz Edition), which overclock great and perform slightly better than Nvidia cards when they are overclocked. However, if overclocking isn't a big issue for you, stop reading this review, and click the buy button. This card is fantastic.
on January 21, 2013
I have 4 monitors attached to this one single card.

3 X 24" dell monitors + a 4th 19" touch screen. It looks spectacular in Surround View. And it works flawlessly... So far!

Edited to ADD:

Today (May 30th 2013) they released the latest from nVidia... The GTX 770. So this new release for the same price makes the GTX670 moot. and the GTX770 or better (GTX 680) the card to have.

Edited add: Oct 2014

They have released the GTX970 and GTX980. The 9 series... forget everything prior to this...

on September 1, 2012
This is the first graphics card I've purchased to build my first PC. At the moment of writing, it's two generations away from the latest $1k GTX 690 so it's pretty good. I should have waited a few weeks and got this with a Borderlands 2 promotion, but I was too impatient.
I thought the card was a bit large, but then it was just my motherboard being small (it's the ASUS's ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z, an mATX). In the future, I do want to try out SLI but it might be troublesome. If I do a better job at cable management, I think I will be able to fit two cards in that mobo.
I currently have two Acer 23" monitors hooked up to this card via the two DVI ports; they look very crisp at 1980x1200. I believe this card supports 3 monitors out of the box; I plan on using HDMI for a 19" TV I have.
on September 13, 2012
So here's my story.. I recently purchased a 27" HP IPS monitor (zr 2740w) that has 2560x1440 native resolution (which is fantastic BTW) primarily for photo editing. I previously had a 1080p monitor, but I had to zoom in too much to deal with my rather large images from my Sony 24mp SLR camera. The GTS 240 video card in my Dell XPS 8000 computer drove the new monitor ok, but struggled quite a bit trying to run any games (Crysis) at native resolution (or even 1080p). So I decided to look for a new card that would 1) fit inside my Dell 2) play games at 1440p. I researched online extensively, and initially chose a GTX 560 ti card. But I discovered reading various forums that this card wouldn't drive 1440p very well. I then was leaning towards a Radeon 7950 or 7970, but the dimensions of those cards would be extremely tight in my case. So that led me to the GTX 670. Most sites recommended the 670 FTW edition from EVGA, so that's what I ordered.

The card arrived quickly (thanks Amazon Prime), and I installed the card along with a new Corsair 800w power supply. It was a tight fit for sure, and I had to move my hard drive to a different bay to make it work. The card was at least an inch longer than the GTS 240 that was in it before. Besides the tight fit, installation was fairly easy, and loading the drivers was painless. Once I got my pc running, and loaded Crysis to test it. Wow. Pretty damn cool. The GTS 240 gave me choppy frames rates at 1080p (medium). The GTX 670 gives me super smooth gameplay at 1440p (high settings). I can't tell you how good a game looks in 1440p, but it definitely makes me feel better about dropping money for my new monitor. Then about 15 minutes into the game, my computer got white 'spots' all over the screen and froze. WTH? I had to do a cold reboot. Later on, I ran the 'OC Scanner' utility to run some benchmark tests, and again my computer froze. In total, my system froze 5 times in 2 days, and I was starting to get frustrated dropping over $400 for video card that freezes my very reliable computer. I read more forums online, and discovered that several people have had this issue with the 600-series cards. I started regretting my purchase, but kept researching online for solutions or 'fixes'. So far I have uninstalled the Nvidia HD audio and 3D drivers, enabled software control on the fan in Precision X utility (its not enabled by default), and set the fan curve more aggresively. I don't know if this permanently will prevent freeze ups, but I did manage to play Crysis for almost 3 hours yesterday without issue, so hopefully this works long term. If it does, than this card is absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't ask for more graphically speaking. If I continue having issues with the card, than the card is not worth the headache. I'll give it a 5-star rating (based purely on performance) for now, and update the rating if the issue continue. Hope this helps!
on January 18, 2013
Bought it for a huge gamer who was already on a 560 but jump to this card was the difference he was hoping for in games like Skyrim. I would hope so for the price but glad it was and thanks to other reviewers for their specifics in helping me figure out exactly what this could provide.
on November 5, 2012
I bought this card to complete my gaming rig. It is a dream to play games on. I get ridiculous FPS, so much so that I don't even have to worry about things like that anymore. BF3, GW2, ME3, Saints Row 3, All games, I've played run flawlessly maxed. I did not overclock the card as I haven't had a reason to at this point. I was so happy I went with this card for one single monitor. Almost went with a gtx 680. Do not worry about not having enough card with one monitor. Buy a 670. It is performing so well, I can't really imagine anything better.

The card is not noisy at all. It spins up a couple of times when I launch games like BF3, but in my Corsair 400r case, I barely notice and you definitely wouldn't with headphones or the sound up.

The card keeps reliable temps and have not seen it go over 60C.

*Note and an important one. Disable, Virtue MVP before you play BF3 with this card or you will get the black screen of death. Nothing else I tried would fix the problem but that. Apparently not many people know of this solution.