5.0 out of 5 stars geforce gtx 660
Published 19 months ago by MrQuick

3.0 out of 5 stars the graphic card is great
the card is great but if you wish to have more than one monitors you will need a DVI-D cable ...

The Code given for Metro, Last Light game is invalided does not work ......here the link where you install it at ,,good luck

Getting help about problems is...
Published 15 months ago by Ronald R. Provencher

5.0 out of 5 stars geforce gtx 660, January 20, 2013
This review is from: EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit, Dual DVI-D, HDMI, DP and 2-Way SLI Ready GPU Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2660-KR (Personal Computers)
I carefully reviewed all of my options with Geforce and ATI before I decided on the GTX 660. I figured the combination of the 450 power supply requirement, the performance of the card and the price made this card a winner. I wanted something worth buying without having to upgrade my power supply. Once I installed this card, it exceeded all my expectations. I installed it on a Dell XPS core i7. It only supports pci 2.0, (where the 660 is pci 3.0 capable,) but it still runs Borderlands 2 on all settings on high at 75 frames per second at 1440 x 800. I'm sure it would hold 60 fps or better at higher resolutions, but my monitor is maxed at 1440 x 800. On Skyrim, I was hitting over 80 fps with all settings on high or better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but don't expect miracles, February 16, 2013
This card was a steal at the time of purchase because of a rebate offer. It replaced an aging GTX 260 sp216. One bonus (might be a negative for some buyers) is that this card doesn't come with a factory OC, which means you can do what you will to it.

However, if you're expecting a massive performance boost over your older card, you might be a bit disappointed. Gamers who play at lower resolutions (such as this reviewer) like 720p will see little difference over the GTX 260 and up, since those cards already blew away games at low resolution. You're probably more limited by your aging CPU than your GPU, which gives the new GTX 660 little room to breathe. In newer games (Far Cry 3) you'll achieve very good performance for the price, although the GTX 660 TI might have been a better value.

The main problem is the dearth of true DX11 games that take advantage of this card's features. As they slowly creep to market, you'll see a new generation of cards trounce the 600 series in performance. So consider the possibility of waiting for the next generation before pulling the trigger. If you're still plugging along on a Geforce 9000 series or older, this card won't disappoint. Anyone with a decent card from the 200 series or newer, however, should think twice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent card for the price, February 27, 2013
This card does a great job. I actually had to upgrade my CPU to not bottleneck this thing. Pretty smooth running on games like MWO, Hawken, Borderlands 2, Crysis all on max settings. Frame rate drops sometimes but usually not by much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card!, January 11, 2013
This card is an exceptional value. Particularly nice in a positive pressure case as it expels the heat out of the case, and positive pressure serves to optimize cooling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four displays, no waiting!, November 27, 2012
I purchased this card to replace a Radeon 6770 FLEX to drive four displays. The Radeon's DisplayPort connection always stopped working when the monitor attached was powered off.

The good news is that the DisplayPort connection powers back up on this card when the attached monitor is powered on. All four displays (DisplayPort, DVI-D, DVI-I, and HDMI) work simultaneously in Windows.

The bad news is that the POST screen (anything before the Starting Windows logo) only goes to the DVI-I port on boot. It's not a showstopper, but it is somewhat annoying. There's no indication that nVidia or eVGA plan to address this issue with a BIOS update.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card for the 200 dollar price range, April 18, 2013
I ordered this after having read many reviews between AMD cards and Nvidia cards. I was going to either get the 650TI Boost Superclock or the 660 Superclocked and also was looking at the 7850 by AMD. I'm glad I went with Nvidia this time around. My 4850 was holding up with the times on many games, but when it came to games like crysis, any of them my 4850 was starting to show it's age and even with 1gb of memory on it, it still wasn't a fast enough card and playing on it was choppy at times even when I turned my resolution down to 1650x1050. So after getting this card installed and updating my drivers to EVGA's latest I was ready to try some games out. The issue I had at first when I tried CODMW 1 was choppiness, now that is fixed by just turning V-sync to off in the Nvidia controll panel, after that every game I've been able to max out, Crysis, crysis warhead, and Crysis 2 plays amazing with this card especially since crysis 2 is nowhere as demanding as the first crysis games. I haven't messed with overclokcing as of yet, but I don't see a need right now. ALso EVGA offers the Step up program basically after registering the card you have 90 days to upgrade to a newer card and you just pay the difference from the new card minus the price you payed on here. Great card and would recommend it to anyone that wants to play the latest games, but not pay much past the 200 dollar mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card., January 31, 2013
Great Card. Much better than the 560. The 560 gave me fits. This is moving along without a hitch. Have not run any beanchmarks(yet) to give numbers.

4.0 out of 5 stars I would like it better if it used less power when I'm ..., July 5, 2014
Reliably served me for years. It's old and outdated at this point, but I'm not a diehard gamer, so it's more htan adequate. I would like it better if it used less power when I'm no gaming. On rare occasions the fan will spin very fast and not slow down unless I reboot, but it's very rare. At this point, I doubt anyone cares about this card, but if EVGA is always this reliable, then they're worth buying. As I recall, they come with a lifetime warranty too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Use in SLI-Mode, June 25, 2014
I bought this graphics card because I was building a custom computer. I needed a graphics card to couple with another in SLI mode. The setup was easy. There was no real need to read instructions. I turned off the computer, installed the cards, connected the short SLI cable to both cards, and turned the computer on. I installed the drivers and followed the instructions on the screen. Now I am able to use five monitors on this and the other card. So far, this card is working well and I can't hear any noise from it.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Disaster - Cost $320 to repair damage that ocurred right after this card was installed., June 8, 2014
Note to begin: The Video Card purchased definitely was compatible with our system specifications but when installed, the computer would no longer boot up. When the new card was removed and the original video card was reinstalled, the sytem still would not boot up. We took the unit to a reputable local computer repair center (with the new video card) and they diagnosed a faulty video card and a fried motherboard. Their work order stated "GTX Video card is non functional. Motherboard is nonfunctional, probably due to installation of faulty video card."

So, the $200 viedo card purchase resulted in the need to purchase a new card from the computer repair shop as well as a new motherboard. Total repair cost on top of the new video card and installation - $320. Too bad I tried to save some $$$ with this card.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 26, 2014 4:23:31 PM PDT
Good day Valued Customer,
I am sorry to hear you and issues with this video card. I can assure that the video card only receives power and it doesn't output to the motherboard. The likely hood of the video card breaking a motherboard is rare. Generally something like this can happened due to improper installing into the PCI-E slot or the wrong power connectors were used. Please contact us and we can work with you further to see what happened. We can be reached 24/7 at 888.881.3842 option 1 or email amazon@evga.com.
Sincerely,