on January 1, 2013
Verified Purchase
My system dual boots both Linux (64-bit Ubuntu 12.10 using the Nvidia 310.14 driver) and Windows (32-bit XP using the Nvidia 310.70 driver). The most graphics intensive game I have for Linux is probably Team Fortress 2, so that is about all I can benchmark there, but I tested both TF2 and Crysis in Windows. I also recently upgraded my CPU to roughly the best my current motherboard will support, and as a side effect my memory now runs at its full potential of 1066MHz (previously my motherboard clocked it down to 800MHz). Note that I have a 19" monitor at 1280x1024 resolution, and a 500W power supply (which puts out 28A to the +12V rail).

Old setup:
- Athlon X2 6000+ (dual core)
- 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
- Nvidia GeForce 8800GT
- Crysis on Windows can barely run on medium settings (I don't have exact FPS numbers), with occasional choppiness
- TF2 on Windows ran with most settings on high, though a few on medium around 60-80FPS
- TF2 on Linux ran with all but one setting on high around 40-50FPS

New setup:
- Phenom X3 8650 (triple core)
- 4GB DDR2 @ 1066MHz
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti
- Crysis on Windows now runs with all settings on high (ultra high isn't available as an option to me) at a sustained rate of 40-45FPS
- TF2 on Windows now runs with all settings on high around 90-120FPS (it spikes to 200+ inside of small spaces such as vents)
- TF2 on Linux now runs with all settings on high around 120-150FPS (with spikes of 200+) -- yes the same system actually runs TF2 better with Steam for Linux! ;)

A few other random notes:

- I was previously using a DVI to VGA adapter and plugging into my monitor with a VGA cable. I'm not sure why as my monitor has a DVI-D input on it. I switched over to DVI when I put in this card and images are considerably sharper now. The display really looks beautiful. I'm going to need a new, larger monitor!

- This card requires at least a 400W power supply with a minimum of 20A on the +12V rail, a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 slot, and a 6-pin power plug.

- The card comes with a DVI to VGA adapter if you absolutely need it, as well as an adapter for a 6-pin power plug.

- The Nvidia drivers were already installed on both partitions for my old 8800GT. Linux booted up and immediately recognized the new video card and worked. Windows had me run through the new hardware wizard and then reboot before it worked fully.

- This card is compact compared to my old 8800GT. While it's thicker, it is over 3 inches shorter in length.

- This card runs EXTREMELY cool! My 8800GT would idle at 65C and even spiked up to 88C the other day after playing TF2 (though typically I would see it around 76C). This card idles at 28C and the hottest I have seen it running was 46C!

UPDATE ON APRIL 8, 2012: I upgraded to a 22" monitor running at 1920x1080 resolution. FPS may have dropped a tad across the board but nothing really too dramatic. Counter-strike Source has been released for Linux since writing this review and both it and TF2 are still running great (usually around 90-100FPS now). I also bought Trine2 and while I don't know how to measure FPS in it, the game looks beautiful at 1920x1080 resolution and doesn't lag one bit.

I purchased Crysis2 for Windows and FRAPS reports a constant 60 FPS (which means v-sync must be enabled since it never goes above that). It rarely drops below 60FPS and usually jumps right back up after a second or two -- probably just the system loading textures for a new area. So I guess the developers learned a thing or two because performance of Crysis2 is actually better than Crysis. I still love this card.

UPDATE ON DECEMBER 8, 2013: I upgraded my system to an Asus Z87-A board, 1866MHz memory, and an Intel i5 4570S. I kept this card and it still chews through anything I throw at it. My Phenom configuration could barely run Serious Sam 3 at 1280x720 but with the i5 at 1920x1080 it is liquid smooth at 50-60 FPS (CPU setting was Ultra, and the two memory settings were High). I still think this card is a steal for the value/performance you get at this price point.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2012
Verified Purchase
Nothing to say. Just perfect, small, capable, cool, aesthetically beautiful. Just Perfect.
On a Core i5 3570K (3.4Ghz) and 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, this runs Assassins Creed 3, GTA IV, Dishonored, all on very high settings without even thinking about lag.

For $140, and a brand as EVGA, this is just a miracle!

If you're not planing playing on 3 1080p monitors, this is THE choice.
on January 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
First, I'd like to start of by clarifying: Intel, I love your processors, but the whole "HD" integrated graphics part is a joke. I couldn't even run The Old Republic at the lowest settings and get above a 15 fps frame rate (sub-HD, no anti-aliasing, ect). With this card, however, I have everything on max and get at least 25 fps at all times (higher most of the time, only while on busy servers does it drop). This card also took my 4.4 Windows Experience Index score up to a 7.4. WEI is a bit superfluous, but it's satisfying to watch the numbers go up all the same. As an added bonus I can state with absolute certainty that this card is, in fact, compatible with Windows 8 (unlike my legacy games *sad face*). There might be nicer cards out there, but $150 was as much as I was willing to spend, and I'm glad I stopped there; this card does everything I need it to.

Pros:
Quiet
Fast
mini HDMI out
relatively cheap
Only needs a 400w power supply
Windows 8 compatibility

Cons:
It can't cook me dinner. Get on it, science. It's 2013 for God's sake.
on January 25, 2013
Frankly I'm amazed.
I can play every game I have at max resolution without so much as a stutter.
Tom's Hardware - I swear by them - picked this card for best in class a this price-point.
They rock!
I go there when I'm starting a new build or need a replacement.

This is replacing my son's ancient (2006) EVGA 8800GTX.
It was used hard for all those years so no shame when it gave up the ghost.

Installation is as easy as any other card - nothing special.
Plug it into the slot.
Plug in the power cord.
Screw the bracket in.
Plug in the monitor.
Load the very cool EVGA software from the DVD.
Tweak the setting to your liking.
Load your fave game.
NPCs beware!

But WAIT!
While you had the PC case open...DID you remember to air-blow all the dust from inside your case?!?
EVEN the fan in the PS?
EVEN the empty slots?
Did you blow out the slot you're about the plug your shiny new EVGA GeForce GTX card into?
You did?
Whew.
Thank goodness.

My hobby is building gaming PCs for my friends and family.
EVGA is without one of the BEST manufacturers I have ever bought from.
I have never had a dead card (although now that I said that...oh well).
I have never had a hitch with a EVGA driver or software.
The hardware and software are dead-simple and well engineered.

Pros:
Small form-factor
Sips power
Minimal heat
Easy install
Great software/drivers
Terrific company
Rocks games
Does not break the bank

Cons:
Under no circumstances will it ever be able to clean the litter box.
They did not pay me to order it.

Buy this.
You will smile.
on December 23, 2012
Verified Purchase
I Upgraded my last video card (Nvidia GT430) For this model, GTX650 TI, no much to say. Fast in video games, rendering, etc.
Now i can play, skyrim with full graphics, Assasing creed III and other games. great video card!!

(i use this model on a psu 500w, Coolermaster extreme power plus)
on February 8, 2014
Verified Purchase
I love this graphics card. I've upgraded from a s***ty GT 620 and it is very noticeable. With this card, 8gb ram, and an A8-5500 Quad Core, and a Kentek 700W supply, I run Fallout New Vegas maxed out with no lag, same applies for Dirt 3, Insurgency, League of Legends, and other games. If you are looking for great performance for a good price, buy this. Simple installation, easy peasy lemon squeezy. Comes with Mini HDMI port, DVI-I, and DVI-D. I am also running on PCI Express 2.0. Like I said, buy it. You want it, you need it. Do it. Excellent card, just what I wanted. Also comes with a driver installation disk, guides, and VGA to DVI adapter. This card is outstanding.
on January 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
This was a perfect Christmas gift to my self.........

The Video card was very easy to install

I also purchase the -- (Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX500))Power Supply to complement my Video card

It's Quiet

My Graphics to my Sims 3 games are very life like

And, I can not wait to play SimCity on it as well -- (basically my whole reason of purchasing this video card)

I recommend this card for anyone who has a budget.

Also my Computer is a Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit, HP-Pavilion, Model #: p6214y

For people who has the same computer and want to see if this video card fits for them.
on October 15, 2013
Technology is developing at an increasing rate, and those who use computers need to constantly upgrade in order to stay updated with faster devices that are developed each passing day. When I started building my computer, I wanted it to be fast, efficient, and affordable when I started to buy components I required. This computer should be able to handle gaming, processing information, programming in different languages, and needed a good graphics card. It should be an entertainment and workstation all in one. One of my main concerns however was how it handled graphics. With my budget, most of my components (all of which I got on amazon as well) were low price, but also of lower quality than most computers that can handle much more than my computer. Although many may invest in more expensive graphic cards, the NVidia GeForce 650 ti 1 GB is the best option for computer builders.

The NVidia GeForce 650 ti 1 GB is very cost efficient in the sense it is less expensive than a lot of other graphics cards. When I was looking through computer components I realized a lot of parts that are available to consumers are very much similar, in their ability to perform tasks. For example other graphics cards cost much more almost reaching 1,000 dollars, but they all still perform the same. I would rather pay less for a part I need than something which performs just as well as something which is much more expensive. Some graphics cards on the market are also by very small companies whose products are basically garbage. The 650 ti by GeForce is a brand-name graphics card by both NVidia and GeForce. Both these companies are reliable and so are their products. This graphics card is dependable and more affordable compared to other graphics cards on the market.

This graphics card has a very high power output. It can handle basically any game I have tried and it can perform all sorts of other tasks as well. This has its own software that allows you to see the different abilities and performance of the card, such as the frames per second, temperature, voltage, and fan speed. It averages around 50 frames per second with my computer which only has a two core processor. It can also handle triple monitor set ups very well. It keeps cool and performs very well. The image it gives is extremely sharp on all sorts of monitors and greatly affects gameplay in a tremendous and positive way. I have compared my pc set up to a PS3 and an Xbox 360 gaming consoles on the same monitor. In the end, the image and speed my games are processed at are much faster than that of regular gaming consoles and processed at the same pace as regular computers. On testing my pc, I have found that my graphics card has boosted my score from 4.5 out of 7.9 to 7.5 out of 7.9. This graphics card has sped up my pc an incredible amount and has placed my system as one of the top rated computers of this era.

Many may argue that other graphics cards offer more options and performance abilities than that of the NVidia GeForce 650 ti 1 GB but this is not true. The NVidia GeForce 650 ti 1 GB can handle all the functions other graphics cards can perform at the same or slightly lower capacity. Although other graphics cards may argue that they have either crossfire or bridging capabilities whereas the 650 ti does not, those options are not required for all gamers or those in need of a graphics card. Crossfire or bridging is when two or more graphics cards are combined to produce a much stronger output than if the graphics cards were put separately. This in fact does increase power, but unless the user is playing a game which requires a high number of processes, many people will not need this feature. The 650 ti is built for those who are on a budget and want an excellent graphics card that can handle any game the user may require. It fits the user's needs and has more than enough power to handle any game that is out today.

The NVidia GeForce 650 ti 1GB graphics card is high quality and is at an affordable price. It can handle everything a user may want from triple screen monitor system to 3d vision, and all of its tasks are processed at very high speeds and quality. It is an excellent graphics card for all sorts of users and at a much lower price than that of other graphics cards and performs all the tasks and more that other graphics cards do.
on January 25, 2014
Verified Purchase
So I just received my card today thanks to the incredible fast speeds of UPS, only took 4 days on standard shipping. I have no complaints about this card whatsoever. Took me about 15 minutes to put in and install the drivers which came on the CD. Adjusted a few settings for the desktop and all done. My original GPU I owned was a GT610 so upgrading to this was a major improvement. I would highly recommend it for anyone trying to decide between a Radeon 7790 and GTX650ti. This is the smarter choice by far.

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor

RAM: 8.0 GB

GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Windows 8.1

450 Watt power supply

The games "so far" that I have tried on it are

Borderlands 1 and 2
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Portal 2

They all run on maximum graphics and full resolution on my 27' Monitor with good to sometimes average FPS.

Couldn't be happier, thanks Nvidia for an amazing product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 10, 2014
Verified Purchase
I was a little hesitant buying this EVGA version just because it only has a mini hdmi port and not a regular hdmi port like the MSI version does. I was also hesitant because it only has 1 gb of memory. Took maybe 15 minutes total to install. Turns out the 1gb of memory was plenty im barely using half that. Had to buy a HDMI to Mini HDMI adapter but thats okay. I would suggest getting one when you buy the card. Its running almost all my games at Max (Skyrim) or Ultra( WoW around 60-100fps with everything maxed) The EVGA utility programs are really user friendly and very helpful. This card ship at 928 MHz core clock but using the EVGA Overclocking utility Precision X it can be overclocked to about 1175 Mhz, about a 26% overclock and stable. Overall im very happy with the buy.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations