Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EVGA GeForce GTX670 2048MB GDDR5 256bit, 2x Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DP, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2670-KR)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 12, 2012
I have been waiting to purchase the GTX 680, but it has not come back in stock at MSRP prices. Even if it were in stock, I was feeling that dropping $500 on a card would be something I couldn't quite justify. Then I read the Toms Hardware review of the GTX 670 and was amazed at their results (this card performs within a few frames per second of the GTX 680, a card $100 more expensive). Judging by how quickly the GTX 680's went out of stock, I sought out and purchased this card from Amazon at $399 in less than 10 mins after finishing said article.

The card arrived today and I quickly swapped it out with my beloved Saphhire AMD HD 4870. My system booted with no problem and within a few mins I had the new GeForce drivers installed. For reference, I have an older quad core, the Q6700 @ 2.666 GHz, 8 GB DDR2 @800Mhz, and a 1920 x 1080 monitor.

PERFORMANCE

Skyrim: Amazing. Smooth. I felt the difference immediately; no more slight stutters when turning quickly. Fireballs, dragons, this card doesn't even blink.

BF3: Turned everything up to ultra/max. I flew a chopper over oil fields while tank and infantry fire crisscrossed the earth. Jets buzzed me trying to get an easy kill but I dodged them like a bad father evades child support. For the first time, Battle Field 3 feels fluid; it's like I'm playing a new game. So smooth, so crisp; it almost distracts you from the horror that is war.

Adobe CS5: After adding GeForce GTX 670 to a text file, Premiere pro implemented the Mercury Playback Engine for extra hardware acceleration during editing. I opened a project where as before my system would playback the video at only about 14fps; now, with this card, it plays back real time. I was able to quickly jog back and forth in the timeline without any major lags. Without any modification, Adobe Photoshop detected and implemented hardware acceleration. I cannot wait until I get CS6 and use photoshop for video effects, I imagine this feature will help immensely.

SOUND

Much quieter than my HD 4870. I imagine this is because the older GPU was working harder and thus auto-setting the fan higher. As it is with the GTX 670, I can barely hear comp when I'm wearing my Sennheiser PC350 headphones.

AWESOMENESS

My advice; if you were waiting around for the GTX 680, buy one of these instead (provided you can find stock at MSRP price). Good luck solider, you'll need it!
1010 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2012
Ok bought one of these badboys to replace my MSI GTX 560 ti that suddenly died on me. This card was quite the improvement and definitely had me getting the frame rate I was missing in my gaming for titles such as Battlefied 3, Crysis 2, Dirt 3 etc. etc.

Note my monitor is a 27inch Asus with its native resolution being 1920X1200 this card is perfect for gaming at this resolution. Note you have to check out the performance of a card in relation to the resolution you play for and find one that is the sweat spot without breaking the bank.

After firing up the rig this card performed well, then it happened.....the screen went bonkers, random crashing to the desktop while gaming till eventual blue screens. So here I'm freaking out until I put in another card and no problems.

Thanks to Amazon I did an RMA and the replacement arrived and boy oh boy this thing has not disappointed me one bit!!!

Remember people it's electronics so anything can happen. I'm a happy camper and you will be also with this card for all your gaming needs!!
on July 11, 2012
And I couldn't be happier. I had quite a few problems with certain games (nothing too major, but when you're spending a lot of money you want it to work correctly) and finally decided to just go back to my roots (my first card was a geforce 5200fx...ah memories). I bought this card wondering if it would solve my woes, and now I run absolutely anything I throw at it (Skyrim, BF3, Witcher 2, Max Payne 3) at max settings with no chops.

I had two ati cards that totalled up to more than I spent on this card. Sure it was powerful, but there were so many weird driver/profile problems that it wasn't worth the hassle. This card has exceeded my expectations, and for anyone who has the money this is absolutely worth it.
on May 15, 2012
Ok, so I will start by saying that I previously had a 6870 and promptly bought a 7870 when it was released. That was a big mistake. In fact, even owning the 6870 for so long and just accepting the problems with the drivers and slowdown in games was idiotic of me. So, I thought I got a bad 7870 because of the blue screens, freezing, slow performance, yada yada, so I got another one. Same problem. I got fed up with AMD and saw this card was just released. So, I got it in hopes that it would solve all my problems. It did, and it even solved problems I didn't even know I had. I always expected that slowdown and stuttering was just normal with graphics cards in some areas. Even in games like Skyrim the framerate would drop to 40 or even 35 sometimes with the 7870. Hell, I bought the 7870 to get rid of the same issues with my 6870. But finally, this 670 GTX made my games run smooth as silk and having a stable system is amazing again. I can't believe I ever jumped on the AMD bandwagon, and I don't think I ever will again.

So, now I will review the card. This eVGA card came nicely packaged with everything I needed. I like how it had two DVI slots, whereas my previous card seemed to have replaced one with displayport. The design looks like a VHS tape, and I was concerned that it only had one fan. However, it seemed to not matter in the end when I OCed it. This card is fast and quiet. Let me emphasize how quiet it is...you rarely hear it over your normal PC fans. My 5870 sounded like a jet taking off and my 6870 was a little better, but this thing outstanding as far as noise goes. As far as performance goes, it handles pretty much anything you throw at it so far. It's a little slower than the 7870 somehow in Crysis and Crysis Warhead, and I have no idea how that is possible. In every other game, it destroys the 7870 I previously owned for a few weeks.

The drivers are AMAZING! I am so happy to not have to deal with any sort of driver not responding issues, blue screens, etc. Those things became second nature to deal with when owning an AMD card. Finally, everything just works like it should. I installed the drivers that came on the CD and haven't even looked at them since. The games all run so smoothly, even when they dip below 60fps. Seriously, 40fps with NVidia drivers and 40fps with AMD drivers are not the same. AMD stutters and it is not smooth. NVidia is smooth, so I don't have to care if my games are dipping below 60fps because I don't notice.

I overclocked the card and tested the stability with the programs provided on the CD the card came with. I had to register to download the app to test the stability, but it wasn't a big deal. Overclocking is a little confusing with the boost, but I just took a stab in the dark and set my base clock to +100mhz and memory to +200mhz. It seemed to be stable after 1 hour of stability testing. I heard there were issues with increasing the voltage, but I didn't have to deal with that. The clock speed varies widely with this card depending on activity and if the boost is on, but it deals with it flawlessly.

This card is the best card I've ever owned. The bottom line is that it's a great price for what you get. Why get a 580 GTX when this has 95% of the performance? It stinks that they can't provide enough stock for the card, but it'll be worth the wait if you can.
99 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
This card is amazing! Get near 680 speeds (and possibly greater with a good OC) at a non-premium price. I purchased this card specifically to drive multiple monitors (4 at the moment, 3 1920 of various sizes and a lone 1680x1050 hanger-on) without nVidia surround and without purchasing an ATI card due to their suspect drivers. I'm currently utilizing all outputs on the card (1x hdmi, 1x DisplayPort, 2x DVI) without incident. Coming from an original GTX 460 1GB, there has been a noticeable increase in performance in the few games I tried, and it's allowed me to run games with nVidia's 3D enabled and most graphical options maxed. The ability of this graphics card to scale as computing power is needed is a good option for me as well, since I spend most of my time on a desktop and not running 3D applications (3D in this case meaning fullscreen games, not stereoscopic 3D). EVGA's precision-X software is very slick, decent options, and I like it better than MSI's Afterburner.

I was initially trying to decide between this, a 680, and holding out for a 680 4GB version, and I have to say that I'm glad I did not wait. I had no DOA issues with the card, installed, updated drivers, and everything worked perfectly (As it should). Ran through several of my favorite games (Most of which I had little issue running on the 460, even maxed) and noticed a much smoother experience. There's not much else to say. If you're here you've probably read reputable websites reviews and comparisons. From a value perspective, there is not a card today that compares favorably with this one. If you've done your due diligence and are on the fence about a 670 series card (and you're making a generational+ leap), go ahead and commit. I don't think you'll be sorry.
on January 16, 2013
I could've bought the OC'd or FTW versions of this card but I decided to pocket the savings instead. In my case it was $50 plus with a $20 rebate as well. Other reviewers have more expertise to go into detail with specs and benchmarks so I'll refrain from repeating what they've said. Just know that this card is fast and it plays games like Crysis 2 and Skyrim on the highest settings. If you want to overclock later then do so yourself with the provided software and maybe an after market cooling fan if needed.

I replaced an EVGA GTX560 with 1 GB of RAM and although it was sufficient for most current games I felt that my gaming experience would benefit with 2 GB of RAM, a higher clock rate and more CUDA cores. And I was correct.

In 2013 Crysis 3 and Watch Dogs will be released (or already released by the time you read this) and I wanted a GPU that would be up to the challenge of those games without taking much of a graphics hit or a drastic reduction in frame rates. The extra gig of RAM is essential to maintaining the eye candy too.

Pros: Fast, smooth game play, games and bluray movies look crisp and sharp, energy efficient, competitive price, ready for next gen gaming, allows 3 monitors in 3D for immersive play, capable of Ultra high settings ...Too many more pros to list so let's just say I'm very happy with my purchase (5 stars -- DUH!).

Cons: Runs too cool and doesn't heat up my computer room in the Winter like my other GPU's did even when at idle. But then again it won't heat up my room in the summer as well. So I guess that's a win-win ...
on June 21, 2013
As PC gamers, most of us want those cards that are guaranteed to get us the maximum amount of frames and quality out of our games, but pretty much all of us don't want to have to spend upwards of $800-$1,000 to get it. Luckily, the GTX 670 has us covered. While it isn't at the absolute top of the hierarchy list, it is certainly up there, hardly being beat out by the GTX 680, and then only having the GTX Titan and GTX 690 above it. As far as graphics cards go, Nvidia are the absolute kings, and the GTX 670 is proof.

I bought mine used for about $290 from Amazon directly, but this card is well worth spending the normal $380. However, I will recommend trying to buy the EVGA FTW edition instead, since it is overclocked by EVGA directly, and sold guaranteed to work just fine.

Before this, I was using a GTX 480, which is a beautiful card in terms of power, but it unfortunately had high heat creation, and used a LOT of wattage. The GTX 670 however, has about 40% more power, but much less heat and power consumption.

Far Cry 3 with my 480 ran at about 36 FPS max with all settings maxed out, but with the GTX 670, I can run an average of 50 FPS and even 60 FPS when not near a town. (towns are very straining in Far Cry 3). The rest of my system is:

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
8GB RAM
AMD Phenom II x4 3.0Ghz 960T
7200RPM 320GB Hard Drive

A decent quad core will run pretty much any game maxed out (though not always guaranteed 60FPS). I plan on upgrading to an AMD FX 8350 soon, hopefully increasing my FPS in all my games by a lot.

If you don't want to spend $800 on a graphics card, but still want at least close to the performance those cards can offer, then this card is your absolute BEST choice. (though I still recommend the FTW Edition)

The GTX 670 is also slightly smaller than my 480, and the PCB is even smaller than the cards case itself. It's VERY quite, even under load, and runs quite cool on stock fans.
on July 7, 2013
This card may slowly disappear as the new 770 takes its place and the 760 fills the nearly as good but cheaper gap, but its still a great card. I run Battlefield 3 on Ultra Settings @ 1080p and typically get 70-85 fps doing it. Runs Crysis 3 with high settings @ 1080p and usually runs between 60-80 fps. Basically it handles everything thrown at it and wants more at that resolution.

Only minor complaints is it ran a bit hotter (76-80c) than I would of liked and a bit louder as well. Nothing that bad really, but both were solved with a inexpensive Arctic Accelero cooler.

Of course at this point I'd have to go with the GTX770 over the GTX670 unless the extra $50 breaks your budget. Both are great cards.
on November 5, 2013
Its a good consumer video card, I mostly bought it because it worked well with adobe software. It work pretty well but sometimes for playback in premiere cuda playback in standard HD without many effect it still get stuck on certain frames. I know Quattro card is better suited for those kind of jobs, but I was really taken back into how unsteady is was in 3d model making, being it had 2gb of ram it still was being really bogged down with polygons. I didn't fault the card for those things because its not what its made for but it would of been nice if it had added value on those fronts.
on March 27, 2013
I chose these cards mostly because they are made by EVGA and in my opinion they have the best products available. I would have gone with either a 680 or 690 GTX or an FTW series card, but because my buil is a four-way SLI, the price difference would have been significant.

In any case, these cards are simply awesome. They run cool even maxed out and they will handle anything you can throw at them without missing a beat. The rendering at the highest resolution is magnificent and extremely fluid. I would recommend these cards any time. Especially when considering that four of them are not that much more than a single 690 GTX. Bee sure to have an adequate power supply and a case large enough to accommodate them--they are huge, but look awesome.