5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says
Published on January 9, 2012 by Pamela

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent card but the fan can sure get loud
Published 18 months ago by Nick K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says, January 9, 2012
This review is from: EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1302-LR (Personal Computers)
I purchased this product to update my old HP Media Center Computer that is running Windows XP. I wanted to connect the PC to my large flat screen TV to stream content from the internet (Hulu, Pandora, Netflix, etc.) My original graphics card did not have an HDMI out option. It was very easy to install, and it works great. I actually like this option better than the ROKU (which I have on another one of my TVs) because it gives me more variety. I did not have any problems, and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 3, 2012
Bought this card because I was looking for an inexpensive card to help boost my system's gaming capabilities. Installation was quick and simple. As was all the driverwork. My computer was unsupported at the time for Diablo 3 and this inexpensive little card did the trick just fine. Everything runs nice and smooth for me now. Games like WoW are able to be set to Ultra or slightly lower on all settings and still be able to clock in 35 fps, which was a huge improvement to my old 10-12 fps I was getting on much lower settings. The fan runs super quiet, and if it makes any real noise at all, I hardly notice. Great buy, I highly recommend for anyone looking to get as their first card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable, December 18, 2011
History: My original video card died. It didn't die suddenly, but intermittently. The diagnostics indicated the video card. As I am no expert, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and be wrong.

Results: I got this card for $39.99 and couldn't have been happier. although this is obviously a card for the gaming crowd, the installation instructions were clearly written for beginners like me. After a few display adjustments I was feeling as if I had a new computer. The memory is larger than my original card.

As an added bonus, the delivery was faster than estimated. I am very pleased with every aspect of this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, July 17, 2013
This device works fine. It's in a computer running Linux and it works. What more can I say? This stupid minimum word requirement is annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Card For The Price, March 14, 2011
This was a good deal with a $20 rebate from Frys. It's a bit slower than my other ATI Radeon HD4500 but then it didn't cost as much either. Also it came with 64 bit drivers and worked fine with the Windows-7 64 bit version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Card, September 23, 2012
I purchased this card to solve a problem I was having with screen resolution after installing windows 7. I also wanted to continue using 2 monitors. The card solved both of my problems ...

Larry

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade for that aging machine., October 12, 2012
I dropped this card into a Dell Inspiron 530 with 4GB of RAM to help an aging computer pull better frames in World of Warcraft, Skyrim, DCU Online as well as a variety of other somewhat graphic intensive games (some .ini tweaks were necessary for Skyrim to run as smooth and 1113MB cached video memory, DXdiag reporting 2137MB total). For the price and the age of the machine, I'm very happy with it. Resolution at 1440x900 in all games as well as view distances up are fine ...but shadows, environmental detail and particle density must be kept on the lower spectrum to get decent frame rate. Netflix through Chrome and high-resolution video play great. I've been using this card for the past week and have not experienced any major noise from the fan (I've been listening carefully) that seems louder than it should. The side of the package suggests a 350w PSU but mine is 300w and works great with two HDDs and a DVD-RW drive consuming power as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly The improvement I wanted!!, May 2, 2012
If you want to see what your games should look like instead of the washed out way they look with the built in video, get this card. You will not believe the improvement!! I didn't untill I played R.U.S.E. after installing this card. The detail is just unbelievable. I am so glad I got this card. The price is just right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent card but the fan can sure get loud, February 26, 2013
This is a decent graphics card I got only because I needed an HDMI port to watch Blu-rays on my PC. My motherboard has two PCIE 2.0 ports, one for this card and one for USB 3.0 ports. The fan on this thing is quite noticeable. It's annoying to me because I use it to watch movies in my bedroom and I'm forced to turn the volume up. If you have your PC tucked away or positioned differently, it won't be too much of a bother.

The card itself is fine and will get an average user by for everyday use. Plus it's well worth the extra couple dollars over the 512MB version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs Sims 3 at max settings., February 28, 2013
jim merlin (CLAIRTON, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I got this for a desktop thats a few years old so my girlfriend could play Sims 3 and Have it run better then it does on the onboard graphics chip. It does this rather well. Which is why I'm writing this review on our old laptop instead of having sex.
Perhaps I should rethink the 5 star rateing.

Rate and Discover Movies