5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published 11 months ago by Mike

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars How good can be a hardware without software to be used...
Recently bough this GPU which is really good NVidia based design with EVGA cooler mod but...

If you are going to acquire one of this little beasts wait for a good promotional software bundles. Even more if your are debuting on this "life style" because if by any chances you missed any good game promo, neither EVGA nor Amazon will care to honor it. No matter how...
Published 2 months ago by Jose L. Maysonet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, September 15, 2013
This review is from: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Dual FTW Graphics Card with ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384-Bit 03G-P4-3784-KR (Personal Computers)
This is one of the fastest factory-overclocked GTX 780s out there and it doesn't disappoint. Core clock at 980 MHz, and Boost at 1033 MHz, this card is nearly a Titan out of the box and can easily surpass the Titan by changing some numbers and hitting apply. I suppose you could do the same thing with the Superclocked version, but for those who want one of the fastest cards without overclocking, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars my new love, December 7, 2013
I'm ditching the wife and marrying this card ! Now I can play all my game at max settings. Bf4 never looked so good !

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Ultra Ultra, October 3, 2013
Just plugged this card in and it started right up. I updated my drivers and downloaded Precision X and GeForce Experience from the EVGA website. Now all my games run in Ultra mode without any further overclocking. I've tried all the games I can. Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Battlefield, Metro LN, they all look amazing. I am not much for benchmarking or comparing cards but the end result is what I am more concerned with. This card has a result I have never seen before. It is so much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card!, January 3, 2014
Have waited for a while to update my vga, wanted something relatively hassle free and with good performance, was waiting for ATI to get there act together with their new series, but saw this card and went for it. Very pleasant surprise, great graphics, running games at max settings and card not even breaking a sweat! Thinking of purchasing another one to maybe run triple monitor setup and future proof my graphics performance.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars No game codes, but absolutely flawless card!, December 7, 2013
I haven't recieved any of the Holiday Bundle codes yet, it's been 7 days and customer support says I won't be getting any. (This is why it's on 4 stars)

On the other hand, I love this card. Upgraded from an AMD 6770 and I'm now getting 70-140fps in BF4 on ultra, with increased resolution scaling. Plays any other game perfectly at well over 90fps. CUDA renders videos fast and my computer just feels like a king!

AMD FX-8320 @4.3GHz
8gb Mushkin Enhanced
1080p LG 23AE53 Monitor

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 16, 2013 1:29:33 PM PST
Hi Elijah,

We discovered an issue where the Holiday Bundle promotion did not upload properly in Amazon's systems, causing qualified customers like yourself to not receive game codes properly.

Please contact their customer support again, as they should now have game codes to support you.

Thanks for your review, and thanks for being an EVGA customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's quite it's fast it's the BOSS, January 16, 2014
Seriously, I am not sure where any negative reviews come from for this product. I got the model with external fans. You need to use the display port to get maximum resolution. The colors at 1440p are bright as hell and yield amble contrast. The card was easy to install. But you will need drivers, which come on CD.

This product will live up to your expectations. The fans are not loud, I cannot hear them over the fan in my computer. The graphics are stunning and fast. You also get a copy of NVIDAs game optimizer. So, for someone like me who likes to play dota 2 and path of exile, I can use NVIDAs app to set the optimal game settings for my graphics card and monitor, which take all the guess work out of getting the perfect settings.

Awesome product. Only down side is price. But you get what you pay for. If your monitor doesn't support 1440p, then you won't need something this powerful. Or you'll have to get a new monitor (with this card) to unleash its power.

4.0 out of 5 stars No holiday bundle game code... the card itself is great, December 24, 2013
The card itself if amazing. A huge upgrade from my old GTX 470. Runs everything I can throw at it on ULTRA.
As stated in the title I did not receive my holiday bundle game code for AC IV and Splinter Cell. This card costs over half a thousand dollars and for that kind of money I want these games. I would have waited for a price drop to order this card if it hadn't been for the "free" games.

All that said I'm still glad I have the card but I may end up returning it if I don't receive my games =(

5.0 out of 5 stars Review From A Layperson, February 4, 2014
So.... I just installed this badboy after I ripped out my GTX OC 760 EVGA graphics card. I'm a novice computer builder, as this is my first build. i7-3770K, a couple of SSD's, 16GB's ram, and now this card. From what I'm looking at this second, it's twice the FPS in WoW as the 760 I just replaced, and visually, from the 760... it's clean as hell.... The installation was ridiculously easy... practically installed itself.... Like I said, I'm just an average techie at best, so this review is for people such as myself... I'm sure the forum trolls or pompous computer nerds may have something to say about this... I don't... I'm just reporting what I've seen. The difference is night and day from the 760 -> 780 (as it should be, for twice the money), I just didn't expect it to be so evident.... I'm not a huge computer nerd, so this card should last me a couple of years at least... Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card For Next-Gen Future Proofing, November 8, 2013
Not sure why anyone would not like these cards. Mine are next to silent (especially compare to my old cards). Maybe because of out dated parts people might have issues, but in my current rig I have SLI GTX 780s (this same edition) upgraded from dual GTX ASUS Direct CU II 680s, and I just benchmarked Heaven and it really speaks for itself:

Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0

System

Platform:
Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit

CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3506MHz) x4 (didn't appear as overclocked for some reason)

GPU model:

Tessellation:
Extreme

Powered by UNIGINE Engine

Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

Yup that's right its consistently at 100 fps and maxed to 207 fps. For reference I was getting 58-60 average fps with my dual GTX 680s, and these cards obviously have a huge amount more horsepower with the Titan framework they are running on. Oddly the frames would drop when the screen would transition (go black) between scenes in Heaven, and that probably skewed the results as they would drop to 27 every time :( . I'm running battlefield 4 at max settings on ultra like butter, and I have no worries about any next gen games. Extremely impressed with this card especially at it's new price point. One would be more than enough for all games as of this post at Ultra and would still be buttery.

My Build:

Asus Sabertooth Z87
Intel Haswell i7 4770k at 4.3 GHz
2x GTX 780 EVGA FTWs
H100i cooler by Corsair
850 Watt Gold PSU (blanking on brand)
Corsai Military Series Case
5x Antec Quiet Green LED fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly powerful., June 18, 2014
Jay (Iowa, USA) - See all my reviews
The only reason to take stars off of an Amazon review for this card is whining that you didn't get your free game code yet. What a ridiculous complaint. You might not have a free game yet, but you do have nearly the most powerful video card available.

Running Tomb Raider on maximum settings at 1080p, the GTX 780 doesn't even bother spinning up the fan curve, because it doesn't break a sweat.

Running the ArcheAge alpha, the hottest I've seen it get is 60c, which is crazy good.

Run some benchmarks on it, and the 780 will laugh at you while it eats them up. There is nothing I own that can make it spin it's fan on the default EVGA Precision X fan curve over 50%.

It's a monster. It runs cool. Reading reviews with people that say 'you better have good airflow in your case' and take off a star (or 4) is just awful. If you've spent $500+ on a video card, you'd better be the type of person that understands case airflow already, or else you have a problem.

Best video card I've ever had, until games can topple the 780 of course, which seems unlikely to happen for a very long, long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›