Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EVGA GeForce GT 520 1024 MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1526-KR
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Got this so I could connect 2 monitors to my computer. Many of the fancier cards require a large amount of power.
This one works fine with a 300W power supply.

This is not a card for hard core gamers, but if you want to have dual monitors it works quite well. Installation took about 5 minutes,
4 of which were getting the computer open.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2011
Good PCI-E video card for its price. I got 4.6 score on Windows 7 Windows Experience Index. I bought the cheap card so I can watch my Blu-Ray movies on a multi-boot OS (XP & 7) on dual LCD monitors. Video quality is excellent. Just make sure to update to the latest nVidia drivers.
on August 6, 2012
I bought this card to replace the onboard graphics in my 2 yr. old dell desktop. after seeing that some gaming rigs come with this same card I thought i'd give it a try. works well with the 300 watt power supply. works fine with windows 8 release preview has all the connectors, hdmi, dvi can do vga with an adapter. if you're on a budget go ahead buy this card.
on January 27, 2012
I purchased this card to replace a 2-yr old 8600GT. I expected it to be faster due to the larger 1GB (vice my 256mb) memory but it turns out it's roughly 15-25% slower. After doing some further research, I believe it's due to the smaller 64-bit data channel (vice the 128 bit I currently have). So gaming wasn't that great with it. It's does fine in displaying a dual monitor setup though but that's about it. Windows experience index gave it a 4.8. My old card came in at 5.8. Recommend getting something with a 128-bit data channel or spend the extra dough and get a DDR5 card. Thanks for reading.
on December 19, 2011
The card installed without any issues and works fine for the applications that I run on the machine I installed it in. I wasn't looking for a top-of-the-line video card because that wasn't what I needed. I needed a good video card that wasn't too expensive. This card fit my needs very well.
on November 6, 2012
Seems to work just fine for multi-monitor setup for work HP Pavilion--very happy with this product. Backwards compatible with PCI Express x16 v1.0. ~VDub
on August 11, 2013
As others have stated, this is not a high end gaming card. But don't let terms like "entry level graphics" scare you away from this card for most users that do not run games that demand high performance graphics. The video card that came originally with my PC was a 256MB GeForce 8600 GT that failed on me after almost 6 years. The 1GB GT 520 has approximately the same performance and offers similar features (it does have an HDMI output that the 8600 GT does not). The GT 520 provides great looking graphics (mine is set to the 1920x1080 resolution) for two monitors and supports all of my graphics needs (streaming videos, basic PC games, etc.)

The other nice features of this newer card over the 8600 GT is that it consumes less power and is quieter because it does not have a cooling fan like the 8600 GT had.

For about $50, this is a very good value. If you don't play the newer graphics-intensive PC games, I would not spend more for a video card just to get something that performs "better".
on November 7, 2011
Good card, does what you'd expect at a good price. Plugged in card, loaded driver (insert CD into CD drive and follow simple instructions), worked flawlessly without problems. Later got automatic notification of newer driver update that was as easy to update as clicking on the "install" button. Recommended purchase by desktop support IT professional.
on February 11, 2015
I need a card that would allow my T310 server to support dual monitors. The dell servers have somewhat limited power supplies since the drives are supported in external systems. So the card needed to NOT require much voltage and work with a PCI-e bus, this fit the bill and supports two 2048 x 1152 monitors.
on April 28, 2012
I bought this card so I could have dual monitors on my main desktop machine. I use this machine mainly for programming tasks. The card performs quite well for what I need. I have also streamed some HD video and the card works well for that. I have not tried it with any games as I am not much of a gamer. The card is perfectly adequate for what I am using for, however, and installation was a breeze. I cannot really ask for anything more than that.