5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old School Video Card
Published on September 19, 2011 by J. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but a disappointment.
Published on October 20, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old School Video Card, September 19, 2011
J. Williams (Many Countries, World) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EVGA GeForce 6200 512 MB DDR2 PCI 2.1 VGA/DVI-I/S-Video Graphics Card, 512-P1-N402-LR (Personal Computers)
I think the title of this review pretty much says it all. I bought this video card as a replacement for one that died in my PC. Because it is a few years old the system does not support PCI Express, which is a HUGE hassle as there are only a tiny handful of video cards avaialble anymore that support the PCI format. I will be upgrading soon but needed something to keep the system humming along in the meantime. This GeForce 6200 has worked out very well. It plugged right in no problem and has performed quite nicely after being recognized by the system. Definitely worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars EVGA to the Rescue, March 5, 2011
While trying to breath a little extra life into an under-used 6-year-old, I discovered Intel wasn't offering Windows 7 drivers for the old board. I'd increased the RAM and even up-graded the cpu. It only has PCI slots, so that narrowed my choices, but EVGA came thru. After panicing because it didn't seem to be working, Windows 7 drivers have to be downloaded from EVGA or nVidea. That done, and after installing the card I had to go into bios and swith it from the onboard to the PCI slot. A couple of minutes later it finished and had restarted. It works great! I'm not a gamer so I'm not too worried about it's high end performance. It just gets used for basic web surfing and this, that and the other thing like Netflix and my bedroom tv. The only reasons it didn't get 5 stars are that it wasn't free and there are no paper instructions. They're on the CD and it's not too easy to read if you don't have the correct video installed yet. Other than that, I'd recommend it to anybody trying to keep the "old stuff" working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Video Card Upgrade, January 11, 2012
This video card is worth every Penny!
Arrived in 3 days Ohio to Texas via FedEx Ground and packaged very well i might add.
Upgraded my Dell Dimension E310 which has the 128mb Intel 915 graphics card built into the system board.
Windows 7 system rating was 1.0 but is now 2.4 with this card installed.
It boosted the Graphics to 2.4 and Gaming Graphics to 3.1.
Now the Aero Effects are working and theres more clarity in pictures and videos.
Simple Install with Windows 7.
Insert Card into PCI Slot and hook up monitor to the VGA connection.
Get Latest device drivers from nVidia website, install and your good to go.
Thanks to the seller for the great price and service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on an old eMachines desktop, February 28, 2012
David Wilson (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
My old eMachines T6520 running fully up-to-date XP came with a graphics chipset on the motherboard, and its display ability was starting to flake out. Any old graphics card would have improved it, but on the grounds that overkill is always enough I bought this one based on user recommendations. It works fine. My big HP monitor no longer goes black on me with "input signal out of range" messages, and there is no shadow image offset by 1/4" from the main display on the screen. What's not to like?

Somebody in a negative review of one of these GeForce cards claimed a DVI adapter and S-Video cable do NOT come with the card even though they are described on the box and on the item page at Amazon. Wrong: Mine came with both, but it's true I almost missed them. I think the unhappy buyer opened the wrong end of the box, as I did; the adapter and cable are pushed into one of the folded cardboard box-end reinforcers. Easy to miss. I didn't come across mine until I was about to throw the box out and wondered why it seemed just a bit heavier than I thought it should.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good when pci is your best option, June 29, 2011
Works well with xp. Not the best with windows 7 but does work. Will run aero on windows 7. HD video skipped on win 7. HD video runs smooth on xp. Small driver issues with with windows 7 depending on your monitor. If your trying to squeeze performance out of an old system with a pci input and stock power supply this is a cheap way to get by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video Card, April 30, 2012
My CRT finally gave out, so I bought a flat screen but soon discovered that the onboard video of my Dell Dimension 3000 couldn't provide the maximum resolution for the new 16-9 form factor. You have to download the new driver to get this card to provide this form factor and the max resolution. The driver on the CD doesn't do it. First physically install the card and then the new driver from the EVGA website. Use type 6 and then choose driver 296.10. Then disable the onboard video driver in the device manager and shut down. Then switch the display cable to the card connection. When you restart, the system should ask you which driver you want and you can select the new driver that you just installed. I didn't do this, and had to restart in VGA mode just to get the driver installed. When I connected the display cable to the card the screen was just black. I had to reconnect to the onboard video and disable--but not uninstall--the onboard video. When I reconnected the display cable to the card and restarted the system auto-configured the monitor and I now have the 1600 x 900 resolution that I wanted. The color is clear and crisp. The EVGA support staff was very cooperative and helped me to locate the correct driver but they and manual really didn't give exact instructions about how to get this done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshed My Old Computer, Now I Can Run Win 7, February 4, 2011
I wanted to upgrade my wife's 6-yr old computer without having to replace too many components. This video card did the trick. It is the least expensive product that meets the Win 7 requirements. It works great for her needs; she's not playing high end computer games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings an old dinosaur computer new life, September 11, 2011
I own an old DELL Dimension 2300 with a Celeron processor. Years ago I upgraded the audio with a 24-bit sound card, and recently upgraded the memory to the full 1 gig of RAM that it'll take. I've been working off of the on-board video all this time, however, which did not drive a new LCD HD monitor I was given to it's full 1440 X 900 resolution. I also got addicted to an online game which was nearly impossible to play so I needed to bring the video a little closer to today's standards. The Nvidia GeForce 6200 did ALL of this for me, so if you're in a similar situation, and like me can't afford to go make Bill Gates richer right now then GET THIS CARD. Not only did it make online game playing better AND drive my LCD monitor at the proper resolution, when I watch DVDs on my computer now it seems as if you can reach into the monitor! The picture is THAT real. And installation is EASY. If you know how to install a card in your computer then you're all set. I even dragged the old CRT monitor out & connected it to the on-board video thinking I would have to select the new card to "turn it on", but when I powered-up the computer BOTH monitors came on! The software is very user-friendly and contains simple, easy to understand instructions that allow you to adjust nearly every parameter of the card. If I need another card like this I'll look at EVGA Corporation again FIRST. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars video_card, June 17, 2011
The adapter card was installed on a 2004 vintage computer running Windows XP.
The video is now of similar quality to a brand new computer.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but a disappointment., October 20, 2011
My pc with an integrated graphics card was getting slow, even with the addition of more memory, so I figured that adding a graphics card--any card--would improve the performance. I was wrong. Before & after benchmarking revealed that this video card did not improve graphics performance at all. A visit to [...] confirmed that I should not have expected an improvement with this particular card on my pc. My learning: go to the Video Card Benchmarks site before buying a video card, rather than after.