Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EVGA GeForce GTX680 SuperClocked 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2684-KR
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 13, 2012
Having this card is like having too many girlfriends. Lots of fun but very expensive.

Like all the other reviews I read this card runs every game I have at 1920 x 1080 at max settings without a stutter.

It is quieter at load than the 6970 it replaced and gets many more FPS at higher AA settings. I love the way it throttles the frequencies according to demand to save energy. The fan on mine has never gone above 60% to keep the GPU at 80 C degrees or below. My older games stay in the 40's.

I run most of my games with vsync and not seen the FPS drop below 60 on any at max settings.

This card is a winner!
on May 2, 2012
First of all, this is the Superclock + version, with the included backplate (was a very nice surprise!)

Arrived in good size amazon box with padding. Item box was in flawless condition.

Box was sealed, and all items were included in their sealed packaging (driver cd, 2 molex-->6pin adapters, video cable).

This item was installed in a Dell XPS 8000 computer (2010). It fit, but I did have to move the original hardrive to a different place. I did also need a different SATA cable that gave me a bit more length to feed around the card. This computer comes in a small-mid size tower.

The card is, as advertised, 10 inches in length, which makes it ideal in tight fitting situations.

I have it running with a Corsair HX650W.

Fantastic performance right off the bat. I did go to the EVGA website however, and get the most updated Precision X software for overclocking. My card GPU does not want to overclock more than 35 mhz, which is a bit of a letdown, but these cards as you know are hit and miss. I am however at over 200mhz memory overclock, and I have not tried pushing it further. Why you might ask?

Because there is simply no need for that speed on my system. I am running a brand new Ultrasharp IPS Dell display, 24inch at 1920x1200. Skyrim, Witcher 2, all maxed, with stable 60fps, even on my relatively old Core i5-750. I've noticed my cpu temps have actually dropped a good 5degrees since upgrading to this card (from a sapphire 6850).

Overall, I give it a 5 star. Is it absolutely necessary to run in my setup, absolutely not!! It is simply overkill for games now. But I'm assured that I will have a top performing system for at least the next 2-3 years before I worry about getting a whole new setup.

Great BUY!
on June 15, 2012
Bought the GTX 680 for a new rig I was setting up, coming from an Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 5850 Toxic Edition I didn't think I would notice much of a difference, boy was I wrong!

============================================
Packaging & Contents
============================================

I was constantly checking Amazon.com for any availability for the new GTX 680 cards and it so happened that while searching I realized Amazon had just 5-6 pieces left in stock of this card, bought it right away. Received the package in two days even though 1 day shipping was selected (via Amazon Prime), Amazon was nice enough to refund the charges for 1 Day shipping. Product arrived in a decent condition, the box was marred and slightly damaged. However, everything was nicely sealed and unopened.

The box contained two adapters, 2 molex adapters, since the card requires two 6 pin connectors. Drivers disc, EVGA sticker, etc. All in all the packaging itself was quite nicely done, the graphics card was firmly put with little chance of it moving or being damaged.

===========================================
Installation
===========================================

Extremely easy, inserted the graphics card into the PCI 16x, attached the two 6 pin connectors, and powered on. Everything worked just fine, installed the drivers and I was ready to go. Was pleasantly surprised to notice this was the SC+ version with the backplate. Might not add much but it does look good in a windowed case.

Performance
==========================================

Getting insanely high frames in almost all the games I'm playing at the moment, the card pretty much devours everything I throw at it, from Skyrim to Max Payne 3, Starcraft 2 etc. Playing the games at 1920x1080 and the performance is just off the hook. I highly recommend this card to anyone who cares about gaming with everything on maximum graphical quality.

==========================================
Conclusion
==========================================

Hopefully availability will improve in the near future, I plan on getting a second one to SLi so to "future proof" and gain the maximum performance to be had within games coming out later on this year.

Overall HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
Noctua NH-D14
Creative Soundblaster Recon 3D Fata1ty
on December 11, 2015
I bought two of these and I love how they handle my games. But also how they handle my 3 monitors plus my TV 52". These are one of the best graphic card you can buy. They do not over heat and they are already overclocked so no need from you side to do it. A lot newest graphic card has been released but no one like this. If you want something that worth the money this is the graphic card you need. GTX 680 still handling like nothing my CSGO, Battlefield's, Fallout 4, Borderlands and a lot games out there. I played over 300 games with this graphic card and never get disappointing by this graphic card. I love the GTX 680. The prices is what this graphic card worth. Fast delivery. Excellent quality. I highly recommend this to anyone, including my friends who some of them has a SLI of it like me.
review image
on August 21, 2015
Bought this in April of 2015. Never bought a 2nd card for SLI because this took everything I threw at it, chewed it up and spit it out. Only ever had a crash while playing Crysis 2 at full everything. Had to tone it down just a hair. You'd really hear the fans pumping on that one. Been really happy with EVGA cards. Seem to be the best bang for the buck and I've had no problems. Upgrading to the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti ACX SC+ ACX 2.0 and passing this one on to my daughter.
on August 29, 2012
This thing can run just about anything at maxed settings with little effort. I can run WOW in windowed mode while watching a blue ray on my 2nd monitor and surfing the web at maxed settings and still get 60+ FPS. Same goes with every game I've thrown at it. Total overkill for most games but soooo worth it if you love gaming and want to play at the highest settings. Now I just need to save up for a 2nd one and set it up in SLI. Not sure what I would do with it, but it sure would be cool. (:
on May 25, 2013
Cant complain especially this purchase was the first high end video card I got in years. The software that comes with it makes, overclocking it a breeze. Also this card can handle 4 monitor screens, dont need a second one! It does kinda get loud though when its being pushed but then again its added positve effect for me when Im playing flying simulations :)
on December 10, 2012
EVGA...a class apart. The quality of their products, and their customer support are reasons to always buy EVGA cards. If you're buying top of the line graphics cards, what difference does it make if you save $20 going with a cheaper manufacturer when you're spending nearly $500 per card in the first place. Do yourself a favor, and go with a company with a reputation like EVGA.

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 LGA1155 Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133 CL9 RAM (4x4gb)
2x SLI EVGA GeForce GTX680 SuperClocked 2GB Graphics Cards
128GB Samsung 840 SSD
2x 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM in RAID0

The cards are great. They have very low power consumption when compared to comparable AMD cards - Especially when they're not under load in a 3D application/game. The temperature never gets above 65-70C, even when running 3D Mark benchmarks. Even overclocked by ~50MHz core/~300MHz memory with ~15% over volt, they were around 75C.

Every game runs incredibly smooth; Mass Effect 3, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Dragon Age II, Skyrim, Borderlands 2, FIFA 13 - all without even a stutter. Frame rates ranged from 60FPS (with VSYNC), up to ~200 FPS in WoW. All of these tested in 1920x1080 resolution, with maximum texture and post processing settings (AF, AA, Ambient Occlusion, Etc.).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
Having this card is like having too many Ice creams in one hand. Lots of fun but very expensive, Overall happy with this purchase and plan on buying a second one soon.

UPDATE:
I talk to quick, it was too good to be true, this card start developing problems after 2week of installing in a new build system,first it started to overheat then it would cause the game to crash, then it start showing green line on the screen([...]), sometimes i would receive "openGL errors, desktop display manager errors, right now I am trying to decide between Amazon and EVGA to RMA it even though I already contacted both company's for the brief moment i was able to use this card I was happy at the quality of the image, unfortunately for me it was short lived...
on May 25, 2012
EVGA got it right with the SC+.

After initially buying one of these, I moved up from 1080p to 1440p. I'm not a fan of sacrificing image quality for frame rates so I needed a second card for sli at such a high resolution. Setup for sli is incredibly easy...drop in the second card, throw on the sli bridge, enable sli in your nvidia control panel and bam, you're ready to go.

They have all your connections covered from HDMI, Display Port to Dvi-D. Keep in mind you need to purchase the HDMI or Display Port cables separate if you want to take that route, they aren't included.

The stock cooling fan is not loud and keeps the card cool. I replaced the stock thermal paste with some Thermalright Chill Factor 3 I had laying around, which dropped the temps to 34C idle and the top card does not climb above 78C on full load (avg 65c in most games with 40% fan speed) with a modest overclock.

I used to be an avid AMD fan, but the 680 won me over to nvidia for now.