5.0 out of 5 stars Great card.
Runs cool, plays pretty much all of my games on ultra, and it's very quiet.

No real complaints... Other than the fact that it's not free and it didn't come with a box of cookies.
Published 12 months ago by JakeMonkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but a little noisy
It's as powerful as a GTX 760 can get, but the fans are locked at over 32% speed, which can make a little bit of a "whoosh" noise at idle.
Published 6 months ago by AFRUITPIE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card., October 15, 2013
This review is from: EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (02G-P4-2765-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2765-KR (Personal Computers)
Runs cool, plays pretty much all of my games on ultra, and it's very quiet.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Great card for the money, but 4gb might be overkill, October 5, 2013
ijcast (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Being a 3d artist in the games industry, I could argue that I really need the 4gb or RAM that this video card comes with. After all, I play lots of PC games, and the game I actually work on is very graphically intensive. The reality is, 4gb of RAM is overkill - unless you're running 3 monitors. Anything less than that is really not grounds for getting a 4gb card at all. I say that because at my work, we run 2-year-old graphics cards with only 2gb of RAM on PCs with 2 monitors each. And with that, we can play games as well as create them. So why get this card? Simply put, it was only $20 more from the other card I was considering - which was the MSI 760 2gb. So for $20, I'd have 200% more DDR5 memory. I felt that was a good deal - even if I'd probably not even use it. (Truth be told: I know that EVGA makes a 2gb version of the 760 which costs around $40 less, but that was out of stock at the time.)

Performance
For the games that I play, this card does the job well. Granted, it's not the best since I still get some "medocre" frame rates with certain games. Still, the over all performance is great. My system is an old system now (4 years old): Core i7 950, 12gb RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, and running 2 monitors. This card is a big improvement from the GTX 285 1gb that I had before. I estimate about a 30-50% increase in performance. Obviously, you can go to benchmark websites for more accurate testing, but here are my average FPS numbers based on what FRAPs tells me. (All games were set at the highest setting with a resolution of 1920x1200 and in windowed mode):

Borderlands 2 (Tundra Express area): 65 fps
World of Warcraft (Pandaria starting area): 81 fps
Saints Row 4 (just running around the city): 45 fps
Starcraft 2: 145 fps
Skyrim(Outside, Forest areas): 92 fps

In the case of Final Fantasy XIV and Saint's Row 4, I knew that both those games tended to be more demanding and that even higher end graphics cards have lower FPS numbers with these games. (Honestly in Final Fantasy XIV, most of the time when questing or running dungeons, the FPS was way above 60. It only dropped to the high 40s when I ran into a city with lots of players around.) If I really wanted to get better FPS ratings, I'd probably have to spend $100 more for the GTX 770, but these results are more than adequate for me.

Noise
This card is quiet - really quiet. I can barely hear it running most of the time. In fact, when I was installing it, I accidently touched one of the fans. When I turned the PC on, I initially thought that the fan wasn't running, and I had damaged it somehow. Thankfully, it was running after taking a closer look, and I was surprised at how quiet it was. Of course when playing certain games on high settings (such as Saints Row 4), the fans do start to go faster and in those situations , the fans do become more noticeable. But even then, they aren't annoying, or too loud. I have a 560 Ti on another PC, and compared to that, this card is very quiet.

Overclocking
EVGA includes overclocking software on the installation disc called "EVGA Precision X" and a monitoring software called "OC Scanner X." With these you can increase the GPU's clock speed, the memory speed, the temperature limits, the power limits, and even the voltage. Initially, I was wary about overclocking because I don't normally do that. But only after a few minutes of set up, I had my video card overclocked in stable manner. I even tested it with the included software. Granted, I only got 5-8 frames more than the original settings, but it does feel good to squeeze out a bit more performance. The software also includes monitoring (FPS, GPU temperature, etc.) which can be displayed over the game that you maybe playing (though some games may detect this as some sort of cheat software, in which case you'll have to adjust the settings).

Installation
Installing the card was very easy. Like most modern-day graphics cards, this one is a bit beefy because it takes up 2 expansion slots. It fit easily into my Asus Motherboard. This card has two power molex sockets: a 6-pin, and an 8-pin. Both have to be connected to your power supply's molex connectors. Thankfully, two adapters are included with this card: one that goes from a 8-pin (female)and then splits into two 6-pins (female); and the other that goes from a 6-pin (female) and then splits into two 4-pin (male). I didn't have to use these adapters, but it's nice to have for those who might need them. Also, the required power supply must be at least 500 watts. Drivers can be found on the installation disc, but I just downloaded the software directly from Nvidia's website.

What's in the box:
-GTX 760 4gb graphics GPU
-User Guide
-Quick Start Guide
-Installation Disc
-Molex Adapters (mentioned in detail above)
-EVGA Marketing Poster "Game of Pwns"
-EVGA Case Badge "Powered by EVGA" (Metallic)
-Two EVGA Stickers "Enthusiast Built"

Final thoughts
In my experience, EVGA seems to have a reasonably "good" reputation when it comes to quality. I've always heard good things about their products in terms of not failing or being lemons. To be fair though, I've had a 9800 GTX card that was made by EVGA and failed after 7 years. But since I replace my video card every 3-5 years, any card that lasts 5+ years is good with me. This is a value-oriented "enthusiast" card. It's not the best, and you probably won't ever use all of the 4gb it has; but it is a cut-above the entry level cards for sure. And if you're in the hunt for saving a bit of cash, yet still have great performance, this card will fit the bill.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 10, 2013 5:50:28 PM PDT
Hello,

First of all, thank you so much for your extremely comprehensive review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell people in-depth about your experience with the GTX 760.

As far as memory size on the cards go, we offer our 4GB cards for detail-rich gaming in titles like Skyrim (with heavy modding, if desired) and the upcoming Battlefield 4 release (which recommends 3GB of VRAM for Ultra settings). The extra 2GB of memory over the stock card should give you a bit of a leg up when you start increasing detail settings. In addition, it should give you some future proofing for titles down the road, especially if you plan to hang onto your card over that 3-5 year upgrade cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of next gen!, September 14, 2013
When my Mac died with no Apple stores in my area and homework due that day, I had no choice but to go out and buy a PC. My first stop was WalMart. Having used only apple products for the better part of 8 years I was very out of touch with what a PC needed to be in terms of "future proofing". By the grace of God, one of the guys in the electronics dept happened to be very experienced in computers and basically said ... "Don't buy one here!" After finding a much better pc at a local shop, I started thinking about graphics cards. I'd never had a gaming capable rig before and the possibility of creating one was something I just couldn't pass up.

I initially was looking at the GTX 770 with 4 gigs of ram, however, since this was pretty much a spur of the moment purchase in terms of buying a PC and subsequently upgrading said PC, I really couldn't justify spending another $450+ on a graphics card (really, I couldn't justify it to my wife, but I digress).

After several agonizing days of reading and watching reviews I decided I would "settle" for the 760. "WOW! OMG! WTF have I been missing?" These were pretty much the only thoughts that went through my mind after running some games on my new baby. I feel as if I have already entered the next generation of gaming! Yes, there are other "better" cards on the market, but I am in no way disappointed in my purchase. I am still in awe while playing games that I've previously played on a console because the difference in quality is amazing. Everything I have, mostly newish releases of 6 months or less run on max or near max settings with no problems. The frame rate is smooth as silk and so is everything else.

While I do plan on upgrading in a year or two, assuming there are bigger and better cards on the market, the EVGA GTX 760 superclocked 2 gig card is full of eye candy that takes my breath away every time I use it. I've not spent a better $250 in recent memory.

Pros: Performance for the price plus a free game for $250 can't be beat.

Cons: I've spent a lot of money on games because I love seeing how wonderful everything looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from 560ti... WOW. NOTE: Upgrade your Power Supply, too, February 22, 2014
As the title of my review states, I upgraded to the 760 from the 560ti that I have been using for 2 years now and WOW. As the 560ti is still a pretty competent card, I wasn't expecting the gains in performance that I in fact got. If you are on the fence, just do it; you will be glad you did. Any current (and for at least the near future) title can be ran on Ultra with 4XMSAA at what I'm seeing exceeds 60fps (Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, etc.).

A NOTE FOR PEOPLE UPGRADING FROM AN OLDER CARD: the 760 takes an 8 pin PCIe, and a 6 pin PCIe connector. If you are like me and have a slightly older Power Supply, many of the older units only have two 6 pin PCIe connectors. Although the 760 comes with adapters, the EXTENSIVE research that I have done HIGHLY discourages people from utilizing the adapter. As a matter of fact, EVGA has a warning printed right on the adapter itself, cautioning the end user to research the AMPERAGE of their Power Supply (the 760 takes 30 amps, which many older, multi 12v rail-centric Power Supplies do not have (at least across all of the rails - many are maxed out at 18 amps).

If you are upgrading, just do yourself a favor and upgrade your Power Supply, too; I got an AWESOME Corsair 600W modular unit (the CX600M) for 64.99, and it installed REALLY well, and the cable management of the modular unit is just awesome.

If you are on the fence, just get this damn thing and enjoy. You will be blown away.

-Rick

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best at this price point, July 24, 2013
Alexander Rose (Chester Springs, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
I just completed building a gaming focused PC this month with the final component being the EVGA Geforce GTX760 Superclocked 2GB edition. I've been gaming for decades unfortunately and am a bit of a tech nerd with a career in IT and a gaming history going back to the Atari VCS (console) and Commodore 64 (PC, 8 bit, 1mhz CPU, 64 kilobytes of ram !!).

Anyway, I chose this card because of a few features:
>Based on Nvidia Geforce GTX 7xx series GPU, consistently rated the best graphics processor on the market today
>Latest tech, 7xx series released just in the last few weeks
>Great price / performance ratio (as confirmed in many reviews)
>Great power / performance ratio (doesn't require a nuclear power plant to come online when you turn on the PC)
>Great heat performance compared to AMD cards
>This card is overclocked by the manufacturer so i get an extra boost in performance without having to worry about tweaking speed vs. stability manually for hours (although I can still do that if I want, performance is unlocked and EVGA provides free overclocking software with this card)

There are two versions of this card available from EVGA, and numerous other versions from the other namebrands that manufacture Nvidia based graphics cards. I chose this one from EVGA because:

>I have a silent / very low noise insulated PC case (Corsair Obsidian 550D - excellent product)
>As such I want the air to be blown straight out the back of the case and not back into the case
>Due to this I chose a "blower" style card like this one that sucks in air through the fan, blows it inside the fairing on the card and back out the rear of the PC
>Other cards utilize exposed fans that blow the air back into the case, these kinds of cards work better in very well ventilated cases where the user doesn't care about noise levels

Gaming performance ? I am running all the latest games from the latest Steam sale (Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon) etc. and they are running at very high settings with no noticeable slowdown or frame drops. Gameplay is silky smooth on my 40" Toshiba 1080p HDTV and I typically leave vsync on as I don't like to see tearing. So far I haven't seen any slow down at all with vsync on. This card features all the latest tech from Nvidia including adaptive v-sync, meaning it adjusts the usage of v-sync based on the performance of the game engine, to balance responsiveness and image quality. Seems to work great.

A final little bonus - this card currently comes with a free code for the next Splinter Cell game, which is not yet released. You enter it and the game is listed on your account as a $0 cost pre-order and will download on release.

Future proofing - no card will be at the top of PC gaming performance forever no matter the price so you have to choose the price point that is reasonable for you based on how long you think you will use it. A major factor in my decision to get 760 as opposed to 770 or 780 is price, and the fact that numerous SLI reviews have shown that the 760 when run in SLI actually performs about 30-40% faster than a $1000 TItan. What more needs to be said ?

Overall, I am loving this card. Perfect balance of performance and price. For info here is the rest of my gaming PC setup as built this month:

Intel i5 3570k CPU OC'd gently to 4Ghz (can do 4.4Ghz easily on air but I don't see any need right now)
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard (great value for SLI setups and good BIOS, good OC settings)
Hyper Evo after market cooler (best value for performance)
16 GB 1866ghz DDR3 ram (corsair vengeance)
120gb Samsung 840 SSD for system drive and main programs
Corsair CX600 power supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, but 12 miles long, August 21, 2013
Vdub (Saratoga Springs, UT, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Even though I upgraded from a 560 to this 760 (both of which being x60 lines), the performance jump was very noticeable. I wouldn't describe myself as a hardcore gamer, so being able to run *most* games at *almost* the highest settings was good enough for me. I was more interested in improving photo/video editing & rendering performance. The gaming use is just icing.

Just beware that this thing will take up your entire case if you have only a medium-sized tower like me. I literally had to rearrange a bunch of wires and stuff just to cram it in there, because the width of a single wire would be the deal breaker of whether or not this would fit. Product description lists dimensions though, so know what you are buying ahead of time if your PC case is any smaller than the Las Vegas Luxor Hotel Atrium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Flight Semulator X with Accelerator Loves It, September 4, 2013
Runs three monitors in full screen as one(panoramic) so you can have the aircrafts right window on the right monitor and left window on left monitor and the windscreen and instruments on center screen now flying canyons at 50 feet is a piece of cake. Highly recommend it for gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Nvidia Shield compatibility., December 31, 2013
I'm a huge fan of EVGA's video cards, they are always exceptionally packaged and well built units. I purchased this so I could stream games from the PC to the Nvidia Shield and it works flawlessly. Speeds are up there though not quite as fast as the GTX780 on my main system, for probably 99% of the games on the market this will give you flawless performance on even the highest game settings. Because it's a 700-series card the Nvidia "Geforce Experience" app enables game video recording (shadow play) which is a nice low-lag video capture utility. The only feature you'll miss from the Geforce Experience app is the LED controller because the 760 doesn't have LED's - but it's for gaming, not setting an ambient mood for date night.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive performance, troubling customer support, and flawed card, July 22, 2013
G. Low (Mansfield, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Installation of the GTX760 went smoothly. It should be noted that the EVGA version of the GTX 760 uses both an 8-pin and a 6-pin power connector, where some other manufacturers use two 6-pin connectors for the 760, but I was prepared for that.

Unfortunately I use two monitors, and the DVI-I output would not output a green channel through a VGA adapter (green looks black and white looks violet). That lead me to EVGA's customer support, which I must commend for their responsiveness, but criticize for their honesty. They promptly responded to each message and initially offered free shipping, but I was disappointed by EVGA's Customer Service Team trying to divert me into their "Advanced RMA" program at a cost of $29.99-$49.99. When you talk about "free shipping for only $29.99", then at the least you aren't being very forthright.

For now I'm returning the card to Amazon, but the performance from the DVI-D output was largely living up to expectations. Current generation games were running at high settings and looked great. There was one unexplained crash-to-desktop during the evening in one game, but it's hard to consider that more than an isolated event without further testing.

UPDATE:
I returned the first card to Amazon, and reordered the same card. The second card worked exactly as expected on both monitors. Great price for this performance level.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Sep 23, 2013 11:56:19 AM PDT
Hi Mr. Low,

Here at EVGA, we pride ourselves as having some of the best support in the business. That being said, I'm sorry you had a poor experience with our support. I took a look into it, and believe I discovered the source of the problem you experienced.

Initially, when you submitted an RMA, our technicians offered you a free cross-ship replacement as this was your first registered purchase from EVGA. We also asked you for a credit card for collateral, as is customary with a cross-ship replacement. We received your credit card information and promptly shipped you a replacement card.

At that point, some confusion popped up between you and our customer support. It looks like you may have thought we were charging you for the Advanced Replacement instead of offering it for free, and you contacted our support. Our support rep did not look at your account to confirm that we offered you the complimentary cross-ship, and confirmed that Advanced Replacement is in fact an additional cost.

From there, you returned the product to Amazon and we placed a return request in for the cross-shipped card. You were not charged, and you received a functional product from Amazon.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion on this issue, and have forwarded it to our Customer Support manager. The technician in question will receive additional training to ensure this problem does not occur again. While our EAR does cost an additional fee, you were not going to be charged in this case as we had offered it complimentary. If you ever have an issue with an EVGA product again, we will try our best to make sure you have a better experience next time.

Thank you for your review, and thank you for being an EVGA customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mid-range GPU, August 29, 2013
I purchased this card as an upgrade over a late 2012 EVGA GTX 650 Ti (see link below) for top notch 1080p gaming. That card ran most non-DX11 games maxed out at over 60 fps, but definitely couldn't handle newer games with DX11 effects on (depth of field, tessellation, etc.). I'll run through the main comparisons between the two cards in detail below. The main reason to buy this card over the ACX cooling version is for the blower setup, which will help in cramped cases without a fan between the PCIe slot and the bottom of the case.

-Installation-
First comments concern the packaging. Being a third time EVGA customer, their packaging has come a long way. Instead of a box with a poorly fitting bag stuffed in a large slot, this card came secured in a plastic holder inside the box. The actual fan cover/shroud is nowhere near as good looking as the faux-carbon fiber look of the 600 series cards from EVGA, but it doesn't look bad either. This card is quite long, nearly the full width of an ATX motherboard. If you have any headers along the length of it, they won't be able to be used. Finally, the top mounted power connectors will be nice in case you need to use a hard drive slot directly in line with the card, but if you have a tight case clearance above the card then the cables will be bent pretty tight to clear.

Installation was standard PCIe, along with the power cables. There are adapters for two 6 pin PCIe to one 8 pin and two 4 pin Molex to one 6 pin PCIe. Hopefully if you have the prerequisite 500W PSU, then you don't even need these adapters. Two software items are a must to get the most out of EVGA Nvidia cards: GeForce Experience and EVGA's PrecisionX. The current driver is a beta release (GeForce 326.80 Driver), but it is required to play the Splinter Cell game bundled with most cards right now. PrecisionX will allow you to set a temperature limit (80C is the standard) and will intelligently overclock the card for you to reach max performance. My card liked to run itself up to 1189 MHz right out of the box.

-Performance-
Performance definitely lives up to reviews all over the internet. First things first, benchmark scores prove that this thing is a beast at DX10 games, easily topping 80 fps in 3DMark Vantage tests. 3DMark 11 was a little tougher, with full DX11 effects taking their toll. The combined score was definitely limited by the CPU.

3DMark 11 Scores

Graphics: 31292 ------------ 17757
Physics : 20141 ------------ 19129
Combined: 27487 ------------ 18081
Avg. fps: 92 ------------ 52

As far as games go, the new Splinter Cell game can be pretty much maxed out and hit 60 fps without a hitch. Similar for Bioshock Infinite and most other 2013 titles. Haven't had a chance to run Tomb Raider's benchmark, but I will update later if I find anything lacking.

-Heat, Noise, and Power-
I have previously used custom fan curves to avoid running my cards too hot, but this one seems designed to hold itself at 80C for gaming. The minimum fan speed is 1600 RPM (40%), and average during gaming was 60% with the auto fan curve. I'll probably bump it up just a bit to be safe. The idle temp is no concern, around 32C in a warm room. Depending on the level of auto overclock that your game needs, 80C was the limit at 1189 MHz. Because this blower type cooler has limited waste air inside the case, most of the heat is directly eliminated right out of the back.

Power consumption is much higher than the 650 Ti this replaced. With an overclocked i5, whole system usage was around 200W as measured by a UPS. Now, this card at max normal power causes a system draw of over 300W. However, idle power has hardly changed, as this card will underclock itself to 135 MHz. Noise isn't too bad considering the cooling setup, but it can hardly be heard over a few year old case fans.

-Conclusion-
I was on the fence about upgrading to a GTX 760 for two reasons: too many options and availability of cheap GTX 660 Ti's. This is definitely the right call; the GPU Boost 2.0 isn't a gimmick, it is just a really convenient way to overclock, and the 256 bit memory bus gives huge gains in some games. Overall, the card you choose is up to which cooling solution, clock speed, and memory configuration you want. But if you want rock solid 1080p gaming at good frame rates and maxed out settings, this is probably the best value card out there.

Core i5-2500K at 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
16 GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz RAM
256 GB Cruical M4 SSD
EVGA GTX 760

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti SSC 1024MB GDDR5 128bit, Dual Dual-Link DVI, Mini HDMI, Graphics Card (01G-P4-3652-KR) Graphics Cards 01G-P4-3652-KR