Published on February 21, 2012 by Mitch Anthony

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, but has a short life.
I got this and a Corsair Builder Series 500w, and they work harmoniously together! Nothing loud about it! When running on max load you may notice the card a bit, but otherwise, best PC upgrade deal around! I also successfully overclocked it even more! Great Minecraft performance, perfect for other games too!

[EDIT 9/10/13]
It has been a few months short of...
Published 23 months ago by Cory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bang for Buck! -Review of EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048 MB, February 21, 2012
This review is from: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 02G-P3-1469-KR (Personal Computers)
This video card is amazing. Only had it a little over a month, but thus far have had no problems at all with it. For its price it performs extremely well in my opinion. Right out of the box it's great, download MSI Afterburner (Or similar overclocking software) and overclock it some and it turns into almost a different card with STELLAR performance.(My OC settings below) Installing the card and drivers were a breeze! It runs nice and cool with it idling around 30 C and when bench marking for a few hours, tops out around 61-64 C, though your results may vary.
Note: It has to heat up considerably before the fans kick in and ramp up, so if you're seeing temperatures you think are too high then just manually turn up the fan speed using something like MSI Afterburner.

My FPS: (overclocked)

Bf3 Multiplayer @ 1920x1080 ultra- ~40 FPS depending on situation
Bf3 Multiplayer @ 1920x1080 high- ~55-60 FPS depending on situation

Bf3 Multiplayer @ 1280x1024 ultra- ~65 FPS depending on situation (My second monitor runs at this res which is why I included it)
Bf3 Multiplayer @ 1280x1024 high- ~80+ FPS depending on situation

Team Fortress 2 @ 1920x1080 All highest settings- 250-350 FPS depending on situation (Same for CS:S/L4D(2)/Almost all Valve games)

Minecraft @ 1920x1080 Fancy, Far, Smooth Lighting- 240-900 FPS depending on situation

Note about Battlefield 3: If you plan on buying a GTX 560 but can't decide between the 2 or 1 GB version and plan on almost only playing Battlefield 3 I'd HIGHLY recommend the 2GB Version. When playing on ultra it was using up to 1.4 - 1.5 GB of VRAM. Just a heads up.

All the above FPS are fairly rough and depend on other components, keep that in mind if you have some older components in your system.

My Overclock settings: (Using MSI Afterburner)

Core Voltage (mV)- Default
Core Clock (MHz)- 960
Shader Clock (MHz)- 1920
Memory Clock(MHz)- 2004

Keep in mind that these overclock settings may not work for everyone, I'd recommend not touching your voltage if it's your first time overclocking but only mess with the Core/Shader clock.

With this particular card I'd start at around 900 MHz then run some sort of bench marking program to make sure it's stable. I recommend Unigine(Google it, it's free as is Afterburner). Then work your way up in 10 Mhz increments. If your screen goes black it means the overclock was too high, just lower your core/shader until it runs without giving you an error or crashing for about an hour or two of running.

Rest of my computer:

i5 2500k Oc'd @ 4.3 Ghz
4GB 1333 Mhz RAM (Upgrading to 16GB 1600 Mhz Soon)
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
GTX 560 2GB

Also,
I plan to SLI fairly soon (1-2 months) so if I remember I'll edit this and add SLI performance and temperatures.

tl:dr - It's a great card, buy it if it's in your budget, close to a Gtx 570 performance if you overclock this beast! Runs Bf3 @ High very very well.

I hope you found this review helpful, thanks for reading! This truly is a GREAT card!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy install, great performance, January 5, 2012
A friend who builds computers for family and friends recommended the EVGA 560 graphics cards because of their overall quality and high performance at a reasonable price (EVGA and Asus being the two brands he uses). I only needed a new video card in my new computer because someone talked me into buying Battlefield 3 and my old Geforce 9800 GT was having a lot of problems, couldn't run full-screen without getting choppy and it crashed often too. That's what I get for putting an older video card into a new computer.

I did a lot of reading of customer reviews and then chose the two gigabyte version of the 560. I was delighted with how easy installation was, if you've swapped out video or sound cards before you shouldn't have any trouble. I'd checked and made sure I had a couple of unused 6-pin power connectors available in my PC, and I read the instructions several times first so everything went nice and smooth. Installing the drivers from the supplied CD produced one glitch, Windows 7 wanted to find and install drivers itself so the EVGA install disc couldn't finish. Once I found the Windows Install Wizard running in the background I just let it finish and then installed the drivers on the disc, and then of course updated them with the latest versions online (which Battlefield 3 advised doing with a pop-up).

On most (static) material there wasn't a startling difference in quality, but once I ran Battlefield 3 the difference was huge. BF3 detected the new video card and adjusted all its settings from "low" to "high". The game ran in full-screen without any problems, and everything was smooth as silk. I can see the monitor struggling a little to keep up with the graphics card, there is sometimes a little motion blur on fast-moving objects up close. But the frequent crashes with the old video card have gone away, the only crashes now come from BF3 and the servers running the game, not to mention whenever Electronic Arts issues a patch for BF3 they fix one problem and create another, but that's another issue.

Games drive the graphics card business, I'd have no need for such a high-performance card for most of my computing, even the strategic games I traditionally played don't demand this kind of performance. But trying to play these first person shooter games requires this kind of video card, anything less just won't deliver what these games demand of the hardware. Given the ease of installation and the performance I've seen I recommend the EVGA 560 cards. You can certainly spend more money if you're a complete gaming fanatic, but I don't see a need with this kind of performance at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent video card, November 25, 2011
J A Jones (Sarasota, FL) - See all my reviews
This video card is simply outstanding. I'm having a bit of trouble with one of the video drivers, but the performance of the unit itself is perfect. I searched quite a while to decide on the 2gb card and I'm glad I did. It gives me top performance in one card with no need to buy 2 and go with SLI. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield3 1080p, May 14, 2012
This card is amazing, i bought this card to replace an aging RADEON HD6570, and I am absolutely blown away by its peformance, this thing is slaying BF3 @ 1080p with Ultra Settings allowing me to get 50+ FPS, and using almost 1.5 Gigs of the GGDR5. If you want to play SKYRIM, or COD: MW2 or BF3 this card is great, it can easily get close to the MHZ of the GTX 560 TI and it has more GDDR5 than the GTX 560 TI. That is a win, win. However, this card has one small drawback, like any card that is being used to full potential, it requires 2x 6-pin PCIE power Connections, although it does come with MOLEX to 6-pin Adapters. But it does run, WARM.. 65-75 C during most games. but if you have good air flow your FINE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Gamers!, May 24, 2012
I was afraid to spend a lot of money on a video card that bragged about the picture quality of games. However, I wanted better graphics for Photoshop and text documents. I'm extremely happy with this videa card. The picture quality improved with all programs, not just Photoshop. I read a lot of blogs and now the text is crisper and easier to read. When browsing the Internet. I see more details in the pictures of familiar websites. I would recommend this video card even if you don't play any computer games.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVGA GTX 560 SSC FTW Review, December 8, 2011
I just bought this video card and it runs very well. I have had zero problems and EVGA overclocked it very nicely. It also came with an HDMI to mini HDMI adapter which helped me out a lot. The GTX 560 runs all my games on ultra and doesn't hick up at all.

Games tested:

Battlefield 3 (PC).
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC).
World of Warcraft.
Star Wars The Old Republic.

***********************************
PC Specs:

Eight Core.
Sixteen gigs of DDR3 1666 G Skill.
Windows 7 64bit.
Zalman Cooler.
MSI motherboard.
700W Power Supply.
1T SSD SATA.
Blu Ray SATA Burner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome video card., April 21, 2012
I was shocked at how fast this card is for the money. There is no game this card cannot handle with ease. If you're looking for a fantastic video card on a budget, this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terriffic, March 4, 2012
The shipping was fast to Australia, And the GFX card works beautifully, have not had any problems so far the software that EVGA gives you is great for management. Would recommend to people who want a good card to play Battlefield 3 and other demanding programs and games.. Thank You

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!, February 19, 2012
I purchased this in tandem with a new more powerful power supply. It gives great video output for the newest games on the market. Its like watching a movie by Pixar or other great animation studios.
Well worth the price....

5.0 out of 5 stars EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked 2048 MB, February 13, 2012
Great card!

I upgraded from a NVidia GTX 260.

I have always heard positive things from people when it comes to EVGA. This card really shines. I can play all my games with Ultra settings enabled. Run cool and is quite. EVGA really makes a quality card.

A++

Great card and Great Price!

I can run The Witcher 2 with everything maxed in 1080P. (Great Frame Rate)