Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by Waiting on New Camera on March 23, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
It has been but not on Amazon itself as of yet. I have used the camera and have bought it from ANTOnline through Amazon. (too bad I could not use Amazon Prime pricing on shipping). I have used the camera and am still reviewing it as I had it at a wedding this weekend. One reminder is not to use high speed shooting in low light. You won't be able to see too much. Overall it is decent as long as there is enough light but I have had less than a week so I still am a Canon fan.
N. Little answered on March 23, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been through the Powershot SD500 and the G7. My sister has the G9 and we have not have issues with those cameras. Yes, my old SD500 still has issues with low light and I have worked around that having it for this long. It was just time for me to try out Casio and see how the new FC100 did. No, I have not tried video yet but I hope to get a chance in next day or two to let you know. being in a gym shouldn't be a problem as they "usually" have good light but don't take my word.
N. Little answered on March 23, 2009

A
They have light in gyms but it's not good light. The lights they use often cause a strange tint. UNLESS you have a camera that does manual white balance like this one does. Hopefully that feature will make everything okay.

I switched my order from amazon directly to butterflyphoto through amazon. Delivery estimate is before the 1st. I am hoping to video a gymnastics performance on the 5th. Here's hoping the HD performs well.
R. Reinhardt answered on March 24, 2009

A
No, this is a home show in Takoma Park, MD. They shipped it USPS. Which is curious, because I thought I read they ship FedEx. Either way. I ordered Monday and they shipped Tuesday. I hope to receive it or the could not deliver slip by tomorrow at the latest. (They are located in NJ) And if it requires a signature, I will just have to pick it up from the post office on Friday.
R. Reinhardt answered on March 25, 2009

A
I ordered mine two months ago on Amazon - you guys are making me want to switch my order as well. I just keep thinking, Amazon MUST be getting them soon, right????????
Nicole Ivy answered on March 26, 2009

A
Thanks for the response. Have you tried recording a movie in low light?

What type of Cannon are you a fan of?

I'm looking for something to take good action pics at gymnastics meets and to record some movies of routines as well.
Waiting on New Camera answered on March 23, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Great. I'm looking forward to hearing how the video works.
Waiting on New Camera answered on March 24, 2009

A
Thanks for the reply. Yes, Butterfyly looks the best price at the moment, but I think they required someone to be home to sign for the delivery so that is a major drawback for me. Are you taking pics of a State Meet by any chance on the 5th? That is what I am hoping to get my camera in time for! :)
Waiting on New Camera answered on March 24, 2009

A
I switched my order to ANT and expect to receive the camera by April 2nd at the latest.
Waiting on New Camera answered on March 25, 2009

A
Enjoy the show. I hope your camera arrives in time. I'm tracking mine and found it was shipped this morning via UPS. Now that it is on the way I am so glad I decided not to wait any longer for Amazon to get in stock!
Waiting on New Camera answered on March 25, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product