Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 15, 2015
This splitter is the gold standard for use with digital cable systems. It is used by many cable companies and also is provided in many manufacturer's cable modem installation kits.

This product allows splitting an incoming digital cable signal between a cable box for television and a cable modem for Internet. It can also be used for splitting the incoming signal between two cable TV boxes. While I've never seen such, there is no reason that it couldn't be used to split the incoming signal between two cable modems.

The version of this splitter that is rated 5-1002 MHz is MoCA compatible - I'm not certain about the older 5-1000 MHz version. This splitter does not provide point of entry MoCA filtering - you will have to install a MoCA point of entry filter on your incoming cable line before feeding the line to this splitter.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This splitter is not adequate for satellite systems that need 2 or 3 GHz bandwidth, since it only has slightly over 1 GHz bandwidth. On the other hand, splitters for satellite systems, while having higher bandwidth, often won't work properly on a home digital cable system since they are lacking EMI isolation between the two outputs.

If you have both television and internet, the first splitter off of the main cable line should be a two-way splitter such as this one. One output should go directly to the cable modem and the other should be used for television.

If you have more than one cable box, the television output from the two-way splitter should go to another splitter that has enough outputs to supply all of your cable boxes without additional splitting.

Having more than the two splitters described above (i.e.: splitting the television signal multiple times in separate splitters) can potentially leave your cable boxes with inadequate signal.

If you do have several cable television boxes, you MAY need to use a powered distribution amplifier (also known as a signal booster or a powered amplifier/splitter) instead of a plain splitter for the television signal coming out of the first splitter. There is no simple rule for when you need a powered distribution amplifier instead of a splitter. The best advice if you have more than a few cable television boxes is to have someone from the cable company come out and test the signal strength at each connection.

If you have a cable modem, you should NOT use a powered distribution amplifier in place of the first two-way splitter that feeds the cable modem - unless your cable company tells you to do so (they shouldn't!) because of your house receiving a weak signal from the street (in which case the cable company should really be the ones to fix the problem outside of your home, but that's another story).

Having an amplifier between the cable modem and the main cable line can potentially slow down your internet or make it unreliable.

On the other hand, if you do not have *and do not plan* on getting cable internet and you do have several cable boxes, you can skip using an initial two-way splitter and use a powered distribution center as the one and only splitter in your house.

One final point: if installed outdoors it is critical for safety that this splitter be connected to ground using the provided grounding screw connection.
on December 17, 2012
I used this as a splitter from our antenna running to our over-the-air Channel Master DVR and our Vizio TV and it works great and both get full strength signal.
on February 25, 2013
What can you say about a co-ax splitter. It passes the freqencies that I needed it for and it doesn't have excessive loss. Anytime you divide the power in two the loss is 3 DB plus the loss of the device. =3.5 db.
on March 24, 2013
I bought this to split the incoming signal from antenna to 2 TV. It works great. I don't need to buy extra antenna.
on July 18, 2015
The original symptom: no video or audio at all - no signal detected by cable box. Strangely enough my cable box and 2 2-way splitters went bad. After spending literally hours on the phone with Verizon, I got a replacement box. I hooked it up and got only standard def channels, no hd channels.

I have 2 2-way splitters: One outside splitting to my basement floor and main floor cables and one inside splitting to my router and cable box.

I started by removing the indoor splitter. The result: half the hd channels and all the sd channels. Improvement but I still have a lot of channels with no signal. So I went outside and bypassed the splitter outside also. Result: I got all the channels I subscribed to and the video even looked better than with the splitters.

So I knew I needed 2 splitters. I went to the store and bought 2 splitters, both in a sealed unopened packet. First one installed: no signal whatsoever. Second one installed: all sd and half hd channels. I returned those 2 splitters and bought a more expensive for "hi definition" signal splitter. It was bigger and bulkier looking and feeling. It got all my sd channels but no hd channels. Well, I returned this 3 splitter.

Then I went on Amazon, read the reviews and ordered this cheap splitter knowing that this was a $4 experiment. Well, I got the item quickly and hooked it up. All my channels appeared and the video was better than ever! So I'm gonna go buy a 2nd one now.

Before this little time wasting adventure I never thought about splitters going bad.
on December 2, 2012
No need to get name brand for this type of components.
Cheap and it works. Easy to install and use.

Recommended.
on January 9, 2013
It is working great. I was having some drops across my network on cable and a lot of interference. I only had the original splitter provided by the installer and an old one i had laying about, same problem w/ both, even tried different cables, no change. I DID however purchase a new cable to go w/ this, just for added insurance. So far I've not had any net drops or interference issues!
on December 19, 2012
I know nothing about coax cable install, got this to splice a line in my house; cable company quoted me over $100 to add a line to an existing run in my house, I spent a total of $50 including this splitter completed the job in 20min. Would highly recommend for the diy'er.
on June 19, 2015
I needed to split my tv cable connection because I moved my modem and router to the great room, which is a more central location in my home, thereby creating a wider range of Internet connectivity. This little gizmo did the trick and it was well-priced.
on April 25, 2014
I purchased to Connect Amazon FireTV because wireless connection...lets just say it sucked to say the least. As we have Verizon FIOS, we already have MoCA set up in our home. To connect the fireTV I split the signal at the tv one line going to the cable box, the other going to Actiontec Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB2500C) and connected fireTV into that. WAY better than going wireless for sure, and to date, no drop in signal on either side.