Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Peru (EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDE)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 3, 2008
EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDES are the best guides you could find. I've bought every one they have published to the places I have visited, and always know where I want to go and what are the most important places to visit,
with the pictures and 3D images of the buildings and maps I don't get surprises as to visit a place not worth while. You optimize your travel time. I have about twenty of their guides, just hope they increase the places they review in the near future.
on March 12, 2011
I was given the Egypt (Eyewitness Travel Guide) and found it excellent, full of information not available in other guides. It was very helpful both before and during my time in Egypt. Because of this, I purchased the Peru guide without hesitation. It is an equally clear and comprehensive guide about Peru, not only places to see but the people and customs. Also, it has a lot of other information (hotels, embassies, etc) that is very useful to a traveler. The diagrams, maps and pictures are in color and add to the written sections. I recommend it highly.
on July 22, 2015
This book is very helpful if you plan to travel to Peru. I was in Lima for a week and I used it everyday. The book is an older edition which was a concern. However, I would say that everything that I was interested in seeing was in the book.
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2009
If you are traveling to PERU yu will find this an excellant book to review first. The printing and quality of paper is excellant and the info inside the book was used repeatily on our recent trip to Peru.We purchased other books on Peru and this one was the best if you are looking for information about the country and places to visit. You may find better books or internet info if youare just looking for places to stay and places to eat.
on April 17, 2009
As always, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide to Peru, was very thorough, an invaluable tool to understand the Inka culture. I never leave home without one, be it for Paris or Italy, or any place else. Wonderfully illustrated, it's a joy to consult wherever you are, and the envy of your fellow travelers with their puny, tiny guides.
on September 5, 2009
I love the eyewitness guidebooks and the one for Peru is no exception. The book splits the country up in to sections making it easy to plan your trip and there are lots of photos and helpful descriptions. Then in the back it tells you info about food and accommodations and basic country info that is necessary for travelers.
on May 24, 2010
The guide was in great condition and the description was exactly what I expected. Eye Witness Travel is one of the best travel books in my opinion because it breaks down the book by explaining the History, Culture, Foods, Lodging, etc. So you get it all in this one book with great pictures and tips.
on June 27, 2010
Good maps and description of the places to visit.
The quality of the photos an printing material is excellent.
Eyewitness Travel Guides are the best in the market. We have being using them for years in more than 25 different countries.
on June 1, 2009
"Eyewitness Peru" is as well done and enchanting as the many other Eyewitness travel books I have purchased. These books continue to be my favorite guides!
on November 7, 2011
I love the DK series of travel books for thier historical background and ease to read and find the places you really need to see in a place