Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on September 20, 2011
I ordered this product for my tortoise. Even though I had placed every barricade imaginable in the yard, he was managing to escape by climbing under and over anything in his way. The EZ Pet Finder was perfect--I tied and taped it to his shell and it was then much easier for me to check on his whereabouts. The only negative is the range of the signal. I suppose in an empty field the signal would carry much further, but in an average yard with plantings, trees, fence, it's only about 8-10 feet. Nonetheless, the tortoise managed to escape the yard once again. I looked for him for two days, pressing the EZ Pet Finder as I walked around block. I resigned myself to the fact that he was gone for good, but as a last ditch effort, decided to cross the street and Eureka! I heard the beeping sound of the pet finder at last!

Moral of my story: The EZ Pet Finder is not a substitute pet sitter. But if it weren't for this device, my tortoise would not have survived our Wisconsin winters, so it saved his life. (He is now confined to house arrest.)
on October 13, 2010
The locator works well, but may not fit onto some pet collars, such as the Safe Cat collar, because the break-away connectors are too big to fit through the ears.

The locator is a bit large for kittens or chihuahuas, and will create a D shape in the collar, so if you have a small pet, the collar will need to be left very loose to compensate. Tying the locator onto the outside of the collar will help prevent this issue. Duct tape may work well too (just don't cover the beeper hole in the center of the locator).

The ears cannot be bent to a more suitable position without breaking off.

This is a good initial design, and a better design is in the works.

Bianca at Basix is very willing to help with product support and eager to hear feedback, so I highly recommend Basix products overall.
on August 16, 2011
The photo and description may leave you wondering "does this thing display where the transponder is?" I'll settle the question for you: it does not. The handheld unit sends out a radio signal, and the receiver responds with a loud audible beep. That's all it is, that's all it does. The range is not very good, perhaps 10m (11 yards) under most circumstances. This might be useful if you have a cat that hides well inside your house.

The tag is small enough that my cat wears it without complaint, but so what if it doesn't suit my needs.
on December 17, 2010
Our Labrador always finds a way out of our fence. I've had it up to my neck chasing him down in the neighborhood. Last time he got out, I was on him in a New York Minute. This really saved the worry and time of finding him.
33 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2012
My cat would hide all the time, and I had a lot of trouble finding her because she is tiny. We purchased a similar device and put it on her collar. But, when she would drink her water, it would get wet and short out. This is constructed in such away that does not allow it to get wet making it much more reliable.
on December 21, 2012
The thing is WAY too big for a cat to wear comfortably and my cat is no shrimp. She weighs at least 10 pounds. Also had to heat up a screw-driver and melt a larger opening so it would slide on to her break-away collar. Regardless, I took it back off by the end of the day because it jammed into her windpipe when her head was down. Can someone not make one of these in a petitie size so a cat can wear it comfortably???
on March 8, 2012
These tags were the reason I chose to invest in an EZ finder. My cats are always hiding when it's time to come inside. These are thin, durable for weather and loud. It does startle them but it's an advantage because they pop up out of the bushes which makes it easy to spot them!
I can't say enough about this finder. Love the different sizes of tags. Love that it saves me hours of searching for items.
I ordered my EZ finder and tags through BASIX INC here on Amazon and am very happy! I appreciated their fast shipping and careful packaging. A great company and incredible customer service! They help you with all questions. Would highly recommend them!
on March 9, 2013
Works great.. Thye cat is not upset with it but as soon as is cherps, she is on the way to the door.

See 1 answered question