Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 21, 2013
This review is for the pan with wedge-shaped pockets and the pan with the 12 square pockets that is sold with it.

I love cooking for others and do a tremendous amount of baking/cooking. My cupboards are stocked with many different and unique pots/pans and utensils. So of course I bought the EZ Pocket pan to try out. I’ve had the pan for 5 days now and have used it 8 different times with pre-made crust and with various refrigerated biscuit dough. I’ve made fruit pies and breakfast pockets with these pans. I didn't make my own crust for use with these pans as the pans are advertised for using pre-made crusts and biscuit doughs for fast easy treats and meals.

The idea of the pan is fabulous and it is simple to use. It’s an easy way to serve pockets of various fillings with endless possibilities. The pan is sturdy and I love the non-stick coating as it makes clean-up a breeze. The cutting tool is easy to use and the grooves on the pan keep the cutting tool right where it should be when using it.

The outer dimensions of the pie pockets are an okay size, but really should be about an inch bigger in all directions, but where it’s EXTREMELY lacking is the depth of the pocket. Not much in the way of any filling is going in that tiny space. I watched one of my “taste testers” eat the entire pie pocket in 3 bites. Then he looked around for more. One hungry person can and will eat 4 of these at a time and won't get much in the way of any filling, just crust or biscuit. If the pans were deeper, then the outside dimensions might be okay to stay the current size. As one other reviewer said, these are pretty much only good for young children or the very elderly who might not eat much at a time.

I’m assuming the manufacturer made the pans the depth they are to be able to use pre-made (9” round) refrigerated pie crust. The pan just fits the crust. Any change in the dimensions would make it necessary to use more than one crust per bottom and top layer. I personally don’t have a problem putting 1-1/2 pie crust rounds together to make one crust large enough to use. I’d rather do that and produce a product which is more of a decent serving size for adults.

My suggestion to the company is to re-size this pan, and then sell two of SAME pan together and not one of a different shape. I’d be able to make more of the same thing faster and not have to wait for the one pan to come out of the oven, cool, get cleaned and dried before I made more.

A good idea that needs a bit more work to make it a great idea, otherwise this pan will fizzle out very soon in the marketplace.

I give this pan 2 stars for: The non-stick coating of the pan and the size of the pocket is good for the young child, the elderly or someone who eats a very small serving of food.
99 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2013
l bake for a small craft store and there is an nursing home across the street and the older folks love the size of these little pies and they can have two different kinds.
It is easy to clean.
Great.
on October 8, 2013
This Baking set was a pleasant surprise when it arrived. It was is heavier gauge steel than I thought it would be. That feature means more even cooking when used. Non-stick surface is excellent also. Well pleased with purchase.
on October 20, 2013
It works just like the commercial says. The pies won't stick if you remove them before they cool completely. Makes nice ravioli also.
on October 18, 2013
This is the easiest way to make fried pies and chicken pot pies. The apple pie filling works wonderful in this pan
on October 6, 2013
Smaller than the commercial but works as they say. We made apple pies and calzones so far, kids love the small ones.
on March 9, 2014
The pans themselves are made of sturdy metal. For my first attempt, I made a breakfast of sausage-and-egg pockets (with the 12-pocket pan) and pineapple tarts (with the 6 pocket pan) and both worked like a charm. My only complaint is that the sealing/crimping tool that came with it is made out of cheap plastic and it broke on the first use. The plastic axle broke and the wheel fell off as soon as I started to use it. I had to roll the wheel without the handle, which was a bit difficult, but it did work. Other than that, no complaints about this working exactly as advertised.
on September 27, 2013
Really excited to try freezing and reheating some of these. I did the fruit but I would also like to try a pot pie type of thing too.
on November 6, 2013
I like the idea of making the individual pies It's a little hard working with the pizza dough in the 12 count & you'll need to spray the cutting tool with cooking spray, it cuts thru without the dough sticking to the tool, other than that, I'm satified!
on November 9, 2013
My husband and I enjoy making homemade Greek spanakopitarakia and we make our own dough. We kept trying to figure out away to be able to cut the dough evenly in perfect squares so that our spanakopitarakia would look uniform. We thought about using large square cookie cutters but were unable to find one that was large enough.

We saw the commercial for EZ Pockets and thought this might work for our spanakopita so I ordered it from the company, and it works perfectly. It cut down on our time for making the individual pies by almost 70%. Besides making it easier to make a favorite Greek mini pies, they look beautiful and they are easier to hold and eat. Wish I could attach picture here for you. At first I thought the individual sections might be too small, but I was wrong. They are the perfect size and can hold a good amount of stuffing. The dough browned very nicely and the pans are of good quality.

I just ordered a second set just now from my Amazon Prime (great price!) to cut down further on our prep time Next time I'm going to try half a tray with spinach the other half with a squash mixture.

My husband and I are delighted with this product.