Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 25, 2012
I purchased one of these about a month ago and I love it but.... First, I couldn't hear the sound when playing back video on the unit except very faintly. This was fixed after Customer Service told me to download newer software from their website. Also, if you increase the DIGITAL magnification (there is NO optical magnification) to the higher levels, what you get is a close up blurry image. It also sucks as a camera and chews through batteries. Taking a couple of hours of video pretty much uses up all your battery charge.

So, with all this, why do I love it? It is really compact and lightweight, small enough to easily fit into a shirt pocket. It takes good videos and they're easy to upload to the PC (via USB connection) and from there to the internet. Because I've gotten accustomed to carrying it I've gotten a lot of videos I would have missed, or have had to make a lot of prep to take with my older camcorder. This is the perfect cam for people with kids to catch special impromptu moments or to catch other things where you wish you had something to record them.

Great carry along mini-camcorder but not great as a camera or for magnified images.
on May 7, 2012
I love this item for the following reasons

#1 it records up to 17 hours on web quality resolution 320x240 and if you want HD then you can get as much as 4 hours non stop recording!

#2 it also captures very clear still photos!

#3 i keep it in my shirt pocket, its really compact!

#4 you can easily share your videos to you tube, flickr, facebook,vimeo,etc.....

#5 the best part is that it uses aaa bataries so where ever i am i can replace the bataries and not worry about charging ......

ITS REALLY A GREAT GIFT FOR YOURSELF AND ITS ALOT OF FUN TOO!!!!
on May 29, 2012
It took me a few 'tries' to figure out what was going on when I couldn't record more than one 5 second video...but I discovered, with the help of a digital voltmeter, that the unit was depleting the brand new, 1.55+volt, alkaline batteries in one 5 second video recording 'session'. The batteries even felt extremely hot, and the voltmeter showed that after one short video, the voltage of the batteries dropped to an unusable level. (I 'could' manage to take a few still shots before the batteries became depleted.) The circuitry was obviously defective. I tried several sets of batteries, and a different SD card, all with the same results. What a piece of garbage!
on November 22, 2012
For $40 and change it is usable. A person serious about video obviously would want more. Outside in daylight the screen is absolutely invisible and so is the red light in the front - thus you literally don't know if it is recording or not. The audio signals are too quiet to be heard outdoors as well, so you don't know by that either. You aim it by squaring up its edges with your subject. If you wanted to do a tele shot outdoors set it square on a tripod and aim the tripod like a rifle.

The first one I got produced defective files that showed the lower half of the screen with a green cast when loaded to YouTube, locally the files would play OK either in the camera or on the computer, go figure. The second one is OK. Battery life is very short.
on May 7, 2012
i got this as a gift and i really didnt expect much ,but I got to say this really works! i never thought i will use this instead of my Apple Iphone!

its has everthing a hanheld camcorder needs and its easy shooting and sharing!

to sum it all up , I LOVE IT!
on January 25, 2013
while i am able to take a crap load of pics on this , as soon as i use the vid camera it drains the batteries in minutes, which is fine if you only want 3 min clips , but if you plan on filming police stops , the batteries will be dead before everything is finished.
on December 2, 2012
Terrible product-didn't work properly. It worked when I first bought it but of course while videoing a show on our trip to Dominican Republic it stopped working. Error message kept popping up on the screen. I tried everything from buying and trying different SD cards to batteries-kept getting error message. I did contact Amazon re this product and they said I could send it back but quite frankly it wasn't worth the hassle so I am just eating my loss as a bad investment. DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!
on May 26, 2012
If you want to capture some really nice pictures get a more capable model for a little bit more money. My reason for the purchase was to keep a camera in the car in case there was a need to take a picture for some unexpected reason. I'm thinking about an accident scene (not me I hope) or perhaps the two geese with their kids walking down the road. Be sure to turn off the "3 M pixel" interpolated still picture mode. Its a real waste making a very big picture you just have to make smaller with a picture processing app (we used to call them programs). After you have done that it has the same quality as the 1 M pixel mode. The same is true for camcorder operation, the HQ mode is appropriate for the sensor, the HD mode just makes bigger bad looking pictures.

It appears the battery indicator doesn't work well. After some modest use it only shows 1 of 3 bars. I don't believe it is a battery problem.
on January 23, 2013
Received this gift from my sister from out of town for Christmas. I was very excited about it at first as i was looking forward to capturing video of my newborn son and thought that this would be perfect for spontaneous video sessions.

My first observation is that the quality of the unit is suspect as it feels flimsy and the screen quality is poor but i was ok with that as long as it took good quality video. Well the video does seem to be pretty decent at HD resolution the problem i'm finding with the camera though rests on battery life which is brutal. I have not even filmed 10 minutes of video yet and i have gone through two sets of brand new batteries (8 AAA so far). I can't be sure if it's the battery meter that is the problem or if it is actually draining my batteries at such a rapid rate. I should probably try recording until the batteries die but i'm concerned that i will lose the video if the camera shuts down spontaneously, hence why i have opted to change the batteries when the meter dropped down to one bar.

I contacted customer service and they said i have to pay to ship it to them and that they would replace it with a new one as it could not be fixed. My concern is that this was a gift and i don't have the receipt, but worse is what happens if they send me another camera with the same problem? I will be out for the cost of two packages of batteries plus shipping and insurance only to have a replacement camera with the same problem? (You will see why i am skeptical about getting a FIXED replacement in a second.)

This is not good customer service but they said that this is all they could do for me or that i could return it to the store (Even though it was a gift from my sister from out of town). Having explained that returning it is not an option for me they said there is nothing else they could offer me. BTW, Customer Service kept indicating that they have no record of battery issues for this camera even though i reiterated to them that I HAVE AN ISSUE and they could view additional issues in the reviews here on AMAZON to see that there likely is an issue. However they kept repeating that they do not have any service bulletins on any battery issues relating to this camera(gotta love corporate speak)! So apparently they never will have a battery problem because they don't seem to have a mechanism to acknowledge my battery issues or any of the ones documented on Amazon. Maybe if i call them back now they will have a battery issue bulletin...(NOT). Bottom line is if they don't recognize the battery issue how could the replacement camera be fixed?

Very frustrating, poor customer service, poor performance...sounds like a winning combination to me. I can't recommend it with the battery issue, without the battery issue it would be a serviceable camcorder.

Sorry RCA, not a fan and you've lost a customer.
on January 31, 2014
the quality of the pictures are not that good... its not for profesionals,,, this is more for kids to play or emergency camera you carry around not for profesional nice pictures... I had tried to fix the results with all kind of programs like photoshop or corel draw... and its nearly impossible to define lines or shadows.. its ok for the cheap price.