Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2008 7:27:19 PM PDT
Can't wait for this book to come out. Nearly checked out the author's older 2005 edition from the library but reconsidered once I saw this coming soon. I wonder if it's significantly different. Probably just the 2005 edition with a new preface...as is usually the case when situations like these occur (hardback to paperback on a book covering a hot topic). The World is Flat seemed to employ a similar gimmick.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2008 6:46:13 AM PDT
I wondered the same thing myself. But no, it's a thorough re-do reflecting all of "Helicopter" Ben Bernanke's shenanigans since taking over at the Fed. Ironically it's a bit shorter than the original, with some of the fat evidently having been trimmed. So getting the new version is definitely worth the effort.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2008 4:27:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2008 4:28:27 AM PDT
J. Severa says:
I wouldn't bet the farm on either the dollar or gold, it's about over, with gold already breaking down (like many commodities will with a dollar reversal.) Author's are often late, Wiggins is no exception from what I've heard.

Good Luck,

SageNot

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2008 4:28:49 AM PDT
J. Severa says:
I wouldn't bet the farm on either the dollar or gold, it's about over, with Gold already breaking down (like many commodities will with a dollar reversal.) Author's are often late, Wiggins is no exception from what I've heard.

Good Luck,

SageNot
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Demise of the Dollar...: And Why It's Even Better for Your Investments
The Demise of the Dollar...: And Why It's Even Better for Your Investments by Addison Wiggin (Paperback - April 4, 2008)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (17)