5.0 out of 5 stars Around the World with a few stops inbetween..., February 17, 2014
I spent the summer abroad in New Zealand and Fiji, traveling from the US with this bag. I have to say that there are a lot of things about this bag that I love and that I think some buyers should think about before buying.

The bag itself is pretty light, can be top heavy (depending on how you pack it), has durable zippers, has a low enough width that it fits under most hotel/hostel beds, its grab handles make it really easy to haul this bag, and the multiple compartments make it a versatile packing job. I will say that I dragged this bag up concrete stairs, through streets, over unpaved road, muddy farm land, and through multiple airports- the wheels do exactly as advertised and by the time I got the bag home, there was little visible wear and tear on them. The hardware is durable. The grab handles and zippers are really, really, really sturdy. The material isn't completely waterproof, but it does the job when you are running and its down pouring :) The addition of the bottle opener and the luggage attachment were really convenient, even to hold jackets or bagged shoes. I did not use the Pack-It system completely with this bag, but I didn't find that to be a problem. The color of this bag stands out on a baggage carousel and in a heap of bags being unloaded from a bus, making it really easy to spot. While the material is really light, the actual frame of the luggage is sturdy and can withstand a lot of pressure (like me sleeping on the bag, kicking it, sitting on it, etc).

A few things the could be improved or to be noted: You can absolutely overpack this bag, but you will pay for it. As a "Mary Poppins" packer, it did allow me to pack a lot in the bag (which was important to me, due to the diversity of the trip I was on), but I had to be really careful about placement and how I cushioned fragile items, as this bag does not have a lot of forgiving places to place items or material give. The material doesn't stretch and the 2 compression straps on the front only give you so much room to pack. If you think you can just get strap extensions- I wasn't able to find any that would fit the clips (in New Zealand at least). My bag was absolutely bulging, but that was more a "traveler" problem than it was a bag problem.

A little bit of an aesthetics issue, when I was rolling the bag it seemed too far away from my body when I was rolling it with the upright handle versus rolling the bag with just the grab handle on top. The lovely part about that it that just proves the bag can be used for any height of traveler, however that was something that I noticed pretty significantly. I am 5'7", so this probably would not suit anyone shorter than that, honestly.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this bag to anyone. I will say that this bag has taught me so much about limiting my packing, that I definitely would buy this bag over again. While my pack rat tendencies are strong, this bag definitely is a gear warrior. I agonized over buying this bag or another bag from a different brand- I am really happy that I went with this :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight, tough, packs great, handles great., March 29, 2014
Light weight, tough, packs great, handles great. The pants and shirts in my packing folder were wrinkle free! Totally packed, it weighed 34 pounds, which met airline weight limits. Also, I'm a 65-year-old woman, and I could easily lift it in and out of the car and baggage claim belt, also because of the handles placed everywhere. I splurged on the Eagle Creek packing system to use with this, and this is the best money I have ever spent. Since airlines now require one to place toiletries in checked baggage, I now require a bag this size to pack my toiletry case, clothes, shoes, etc. So I love that I can handle this one easily and it meets weight limits. Also notice the near square configuration of this bag. Lots of packing room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and manueverable, April 11, 2014
Perfect for my needs. Large enough for me and my two kids to take our things for one week travel, but small enough that I won't be tempted to push it to over 50 lbs. It is so light all by itself. Unlike my heavy duty Kirkland (Costco) I used for years that has recently dinged me at the airport with the expensive and unexpected 54 lb surprise......

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage! Excellent quality, February 16, 2014
Very well designed and constructed. A bit smaller than I expected, but it's so well built that I have no fears about packing it FULL. Will be buying more Eagle Creek products in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just arrived in mail... Sturdy, functional, now need to test it. Yellow is a deeper ocre color. Initial review below., May 25, 2014
Four stars because I'm writing this review before I use the bag for my first trip this week. I purchased this bag after a lot of research. My old no-name suitcase made it 14 years traveling with me everywhere in the States and overseas dozens of times a year plus three deployments. So when I sadly realized I needed to retire it, I started looking for one as sturdy that will last a long time and get bumped and scraped and generally mishandled in every way imaginable (the French are the worst...). There is a sturdier bag by Eagle Creek but it was all black. I need brighter colors so I can find it in a crowd and move on. So I chose this one in yellow. For those of you who don't like yellow or for the men who might think it's too sissy, this bag is actually ocre and a male colleague of mine commented he liked it and may get one for himself as well. This is a nice bag for men and women alike who travel and need something light, very sturdy, functional and easy to manage. It is a little wider at the bottom which helps it stand solid without tipping when u pack it full. That was a thoughtful feature I don't think they mention in the video on their website. This is the 32" bag and looking at it, I may get the 36" in a few months and have both on hand. It will pack a lot but if you are going for more than 2 weeks and need items for multiple weather conditions, consider investing in the larger pack. I will update this review as I travel. My goal on purchasing this one is to make it last another decade so I chose it because it is supposed to be everything their video claims. It very well may be. I look forward to using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, July 4, 2014
This bag has been around the world with me this past month and so far the bag has survived. It is light enough that it does not contribute too much to the airline 50lbs checked bag limits. Wife was immediately jealous of this bag compared to her traditional rectangular luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag, May 18, 2013
This review is from: Eagle Creek Luggage Gear Warrior Wheeled Duffel 32 (Sports)
This is great bag for air and land travel! It holds a lot of stuff and is easy to maneuver.

Rate and Discover Movies