Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on May 6, 2013
I needed a sturdy bag for short car trips, something smaller than my roller suitcase that could fit a pair of shoes and a couple changes of clothes, and this bag works fine. There's a small zipper pocket on the outside. It seems sturdy and well stitched, should last a while.

It's 18" long x 12" wide - just like the product specs say - if you can't visualize it break out a tape measure before you buy. The reviewers who say it's "too small" weren't paying attention.

I docked it one star because the strap doesn't grip the shoulder well and it slips off pretty easily, if they lined the shoulder pad with a rubbery material with more friction it would be a 5. That being said, there's no other bag in this size I would have rather bought.
on February 8, 2013
I don't understand why people are ruining the reviews for this product by saying that it is too small. This is the smallest of 4 bags of this type so if you want a bigger bag, I recommend actually purchasing the size that you want.

That being said, I purchased this bag a month ago and thought the quality of the bag was very good. In the past, I had been purchasing a new duffle bag from Walmart before most trip I would go on, as they simply didn't hold up. With this one, I decided to spend a little more on the quality and I was definitely not disappointed when it arrived.

I have now taken my first trip with it (weekend trip from New York to New Orleans). I have to say that this bag was perfect for what I needed. It's extremely easy to pack everything that required for a weekend vacation. The best part in my opinion is how easy it is to fit in overhead bins on an airplane.

Having liked the quality of this bag so much I have purchased the Eagle Creek Max 22 in addition to complement this bag.
on January 30, 2012
I just bought the Eagle Creek Tarmac 22, and ordered this duffel to go with it. I have now taken both on their first trip, and am very pleased with both. The duffel folds flat, so is great to stow on the bottom of your suitcase to carry extra purchases made while on vacation. It is soft and spacious, and I was amazed at how much stuff I fit into it. The small size is just right for me as a carry-on for makeup, medications or anything else I don't want to check. It's also big enough that I could use it for an overnight trip. If you are buying the suitcase, I strongly suggest you think about getting this one too.
on February 19, 2012
This is a very well made bag, the materials are excellent and it has good stitching, so I think this will last a long time. This bag is simple, no frills, light weight, but will hold a enough for a weekend out-of-town.
on December 24, 2013
Eagle Creek has now updated the bag with the Flashpoint model so this is the discontinued model. The new model has a different fabric which on appearance, appears somewhat similar as I have not put both to the test. However, the grab handles, compression straps, etc... are the same.

Typical of many products, to stay in business manufacturers update products to keep interest and get the consumer to repurchase even if the original design is excellent and does not need updating. To me the fabric change is nominal, but considering this model is being discontinued it is worth it to snap it up before it is gone.

This is a well designed bag that fits into a pouch that you can take along on your travel adventure for those wonderful finds you must take home.

This is a sturdy bag and is by no means a compact when stored in your pouch. However, if you want a bag that will stand up for a long time with an excellent guarantee this bag is worth the investment.

In comparison with the medium bag, this bag for me was a better fit when used with my rolling luggage. The medium is 24" in length while the small is 18" in length. Hence the medium in most cases extends beyond your rolling luggage. I also have found the small easier to stow for air travel than the medium.
on December 4, 2012
I have purchased many of these bags from eagle creek and they never let me down. They are a very sturdy canvas type material and I use them everytime I travel. The extra large duffle I took to costs rica, this small duffle fits in the overhead bin on the plane perfectly!
on January 13, 2014
This is just right for my weekend quick trips. Using the Eagle Creek packing cubes I can get all my stuff for a weekend trip in without trouble. It is not overly spacious nor is it intended to be. I would not suggest it for two people.

Construction is excellent. Also the added security of zippers that can be locked with a luggage lock is nice.

The button snap handle keeper is nice and keeps you from having to gather up both handles when the bag put down. This is especially nice when you other hand is occupied.

Looks nice and not cheap like some duffles do.
on June 19, 2013
Don't get me wrong, a female friend of mine will FAIL at using this for a 1/2 trip! BUT in the right hand, it easily fits 2 dress shoes, 2 pants and shirts along with other stuff for a 2-3 day trip. Quality is great and it folds into a mini bag for storage. it is light weight and all around a great duffel bag.
on February 12, 2014
When I opened this package I had a moment of doubt - it comes folded in a small black pouch. I took it out of the pouch and realized I could fit a LOT in this "small" bag!

I've been using this almost every day since I received it. On any given day I might have 2 changes of clothes and two pairs of shoes (Gym stuff, plus civilian clothes after I change out of my uniform). This bag holds that and then some. It's the perfect size for a 2-3 day weekend trip, and it's very durable. The shoulder strap that comes with it is wide and very comfortable. I haven't used it yet for air travel but I'm sure it will be great.

The bonus? I use the black pouch the bag comes in as a shoe caddy (I'm a size 7.5).

No complaints here!
on February 18, 2013
I drive a big truck during the week, and this duffel bag is the perfect size for holding my shirts, shorts, socks and a couple of pairs of jeans. It is very well made, and the zippers work! Love it!