Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Compression Cube Set - 2pc Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 7, 2015
Proof is in the pictures...A full-length, wool trenchcoat and scarf compressed down to the size of a legal sheet of paper. Hard as a brick and very difficult to zipper, but it worked. I travel between cold and warm climates and there is nothing worse than lugging a wool coat all around CA because my latter week appointments are in NYC or Boston. I can now stash the whole coat in my computer bag. On average, I would say this compresses clothing to half size. I have 2 bags -- an overnight barding bag and a 21" -- where I can pack 2 & 5 days in each respectively. I was able to get 5 tees, undies, and socks along with 3 dress shirts into my overnight now. I don't think it will be life-changing, but should allow me to avoid the gate-check on the small commuter jets. I bought a second set to segregate dirty clothes.
review image
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
Tried these on last trip (I figured I could return if I didn't like). I kept stuffing & stuffing clothes into the sac (to see how much I could)... then I used the outside zipper to compress the bag. It was amazing how much I could get in & compress. I finally took a few items out because the sac had gotten heavy & like a sold "brick" stuffed with clothes. Long story short. As soon as we came back from trip, I bought another set.
My spouse used the non-compression one to throw all his things in - belt, wallet, pocket contents etc, before reaching security.
I swear they are indestructible, but it doesn't matter since Eagle Creek has The Best Warranty!
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
This is great for packing for a trip or camping. I Have used stuff sacks for a long time. I still think that stuff sacks will squeeze more and compress then these do. But the difference is stuff sacks leave odd space in your backpack or travel bags. You get these odd shaped balls in your pack that are uncomfortable or difficult to pack things around. These compress down about half the volume of what you put in but makes packing more manageable being cubes.

I use these for weekend trips or traveling long trips with a small bag. Currently I use them to store off season clothes in my drawers when not in use.

The quality of the item feels very durable and well made.
on August 1, 2015
I've used these for two trips, and they're great for storing clothes you don't have to worry about getting wrinkled, and then as you empty out the clean clothes they compress the dirty ones and save a lot of space while keeping separated from the rest of your luggage. They've very light but the durability sucks, as others have mentioned. I have used these maybe for 14 days total, and during the bulk of my stay they were not compressed. The smaller one the zipper got stuck on the fabric while trying to zip it (this happens so easily, you have to be really careful not to zip up the nylon) and BOTH of the zipper pulls broke off. I thought I was never going to get the zipper unstuck, but finally managed after about 10 minutes. Then the larger one started developing small tears around the edges, when it didn't contain anything that should tear it, and it wasn't pressed up against anything sharp in my duffel. I can't imagine trying to actually use these camping/in the elements when this is how they hold up during very casual use.

I emailed Eagle Creek about it, because the warranty policy is not entirely clear on what qualifies, but I am definitely not happy and 14 days of use before wearing down is not normal wear and tear. They sent a form letter back saying, we're sorry, if it qualifies under warranty, mail it to us as your expense and we'll repair or replace it. Didn't answer any of my questions and not very helpful. So after the amount I spent on these (too much) I now have to mail them to a repair center and they -might- be covered under warranty. I don't know, because I barely got a human response. I do know I definitely would not buy from the Specter line again.
review image
on January 4, 2014
I have been using cubes for packing for several years now and don't know how I packed without them. These compression bags have taken packing to the next level! They are lightweight and really work. Saves even more room than regular cubes. I will be buying more soon.
on May 27, 2014
I have two sets of these and a few others of the Specter packing system. The compression ones are terrific. I travel in Europe a lot and the size limit for carry suitcases is very small (even worse than in the states). With these compression bags, you can pack a lot more into a smaller space. They are amazing, useful, efficient, and sturdy. The zippers are strong, the material doesn't tear and wears well.

Highly recommend!
on February 18, 2014
These compress the items nicely. I used these instead of the 'vacuum bags' this past trip and liked them very much. I particularly like the handle. Because they don't let all the air out, they don't compress as much as the 'vacuum bags', but that wasn't a problem.
on July 15, 2014
These are excellent. Material that is opaque, so you can see through it enough that you know which bag has what stuff but not so see through that the TSA has a ringside view of your undies. The bags are very sturdy and sewed well (I've purchased other compression bags where the seams split on the second usage). The Eagle Creek Compression set did not. Never even came close no matter how much abuse I put it through. I also love the handles on the bags, they turned out to be more convenient than I though because they make it easier to unpack and I can hang a whole bag on a hanger or in the closet too. This was a great buy.
on February 5, 2016
I have used Eagle creek for many years. The quality of the materials continue to improve. The new design of the cube has made the materials improvement pointless. My old cubes opened up all the way. These new ones are much harder to use. Taking weight out was great. But they are so flimsy now and they don't open up all the way. It's like using thin white trash bags. If the whole flap opened up, the thinness of the fabric wouldn't work against you as much. The cubes have been changed to make it worse for packing. Before you could have two hands to use now one hand at all times needs to be holding on to the Cube. It's like putting leaves in a bag. The bag doesn't stay open. Before I could have both hands full of things I am Packing and pack the whole cube in one step, now it is 10 steps. Even when packing rolled things in any of the Specter cubes, it takes much longer than before.
on March 4, 2014
I took a ten day road trip using these along with my Eagle Creek Weekender bag. I was amazed at how much I could pack in these little critters! Kept my socks, under ware, t-shirts and pajamas, etc. all accessible and easy to find. I just took these and stuck them in hotel room drawer. It was great not having my clothes in the drawer. I'm picky that way...a must for travelers. Highly recommend this product.