Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage R6 Siege Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Size: One SizeColor: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I didn't believe it at first, but these things DO work better than just a suitcase alone or using ziplock bags. I went to Vegas a week ago for 5 days and only took a carry on and I really wish I would have had this for that trip. My bag was so stuffed and it was hard to pull things out of the bag without disrupting something else. This system will eliminate that, especially if the TSA comes in and opens your bag and rummages around in it.

I have a trip coming up to California in a few weeks so you know I'm going to use these for sure. I tested them out with 4 days worth of clothes which happens to be the duration of my next trip. It wasn't a problem at all and I had the one pouch left over that I didn't even use! I'll try to post a photo of my results so you can see how amazing it is.

These are lightweight, they seem sturdy like a windbreaker jacket type material. I like the zipper closures, that's a nice touch. The only thing is I wish they were a bit more see through or had a window in them so I could know at a glance what is in there but that is a small gripe. For a short trip I suppose I ought to remember.

UPDATE 6/10/15 I've now gotten to use these about 4 times now this summer and they have held up well under extreme stuffing conditions. These are really quite wonderful. I find myself primarily using just the two smaller bags and not the larger shirt bag though as most of my trips are short ones.

UPDATE 8/29/15 It's the end of our "traveling season" and these little bags have held up perfectly. No rips, damage. They really have held up well with lots of trips.
review image review image
on May 7, 2014
My wife and I recently took a 2 week trip to Europe and were trying our best to travel light. We limited ourselves to one roll on suitcase and one small backpack. I could not have done it without these packing cubes. They work as designed and held up well to multiple packing and unpacking while VERY over stuffed with no signs of wear and tear.
on July 24, 2014
These packing cubes are wonderful. I used them to fit 6 shirts, 2 sweaters, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of pants, one skirt, toiletries, and a few extra things for a one week trip to Paris in a carryon only. Fabulous! I will never haul a large suitcase again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
I just updated my Eagle Creek Travel Gear Packs with this "feather weight" set. They weigh almost nothing but it is great to be able to find everything you are looking for when it is organized! Great Stuff!!
on January 10, 2015
So I recently purchased these for travel and was able to quickly put them to use with a 6 day trip to Aspen over new years. I would say they have more pluses than minuses:

-Easier organization, your underwear can stay with your underwear, your t-shirts with other t-shirts. gone are the days of a messy search on day 5 or your trip for a clean pair of underwear.
-Compression, I felt like I was probably able to fit more clothes into my carry-on than normal. I did 6 days in aspen with a backpack and a carry-on. This isn't abnormal, but I was able to bring a lot of different shirt and pant combo's than normal. Which was good considering I would have to cover everything from nice formal wear for new years eve to comphy lounging clothes for after the mountain.
-You can set up a "System" I like order in my life, so these fit in very well. When it was time to get ready I just grabbed my toiletry kit, a t-shirt from my shirt packing cube, a fresh pair of undies from that cube, and the shirt and pants from the folding cube. When it was the end of the day the dirty clothes made their way to my travel laundry bag and we could repeat the process the next day.

-The first one was that the pull on the zipper of one of the bags broke off immediately. That didn't really affect the product that much though.
-They don't open up all the way in a clam shell fashion, so if you want the t-shirt from the "bottom" of the bag you have to unpack then re-pack the cube to get to it.
-Hard to fit together in a carry on, this was probably my biggest issue with these, yea they help compress and organize clothes, but they don't "jigsaw" together well in a bag, so I found that I probably wasted a decent amount of room in the recesses of my carry on. I will still use these for sure, but maybe I need to figure out a little better solution for making them fit together.

In conclusion, they helped with a recent 6 day trip to keep me organized and compressed, but they don't fit in a carry on like I had hoped :/ Still a worthwhile purchase.
on June 19, 2014
I have only one complaint about this, and it has NOTHING to do with Eagle Creek (I called them and they were great - highly recommend them). My issue is with Amazon Fullfillment in Las Vegas, where this shipped from. The box they chose to pack the order in was too small, so the folding boards had to be BENT to fit into the box, so they have a permanent curl set in. This, unfortunately makes using them to fold your clothes around a bit awkward. I am at a loss to explain this: did the person packaging the order (there was no invoice, no note, no receipt, no "Packed with Pride By________" slip of paper) see the box was too small and just think, "What the H***." and just cram the items in? Did they not understand the purpose of the items, and that to function, they had to be FLAT? I mean really, which is worse: using a box that is slightly larger, or folding the board to fit it in a smaller box? To top it off, there is absolutely no indication , except on the shipping label, where the items came from. Next time, I will order direct from Eagle Creek.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2014
I love these. I am going on a 16 day cruise and had to figure out a way to not have 2 checked pieces of luggage. These Pack-It Cubes did it. I will have a carry on and one checked bag, which will cost me $25 each way. If I had to take two it would have been $70 each way. I watched the video on YouTube on how to pack with these and I can't wait to try it. It looks like a lot of space will be saved and no cloths wrinkled.
on August 16, 2014
Product works very well, especially if you are on the smaller side. I used the 2 bags for a trip to Napa and other than 2 dresses I brought and my shoes, I was able to fit all of my other clothes inside these bags. I did roll my clothes, but so much fits in these bags my suitcase seemed nearly empty. Also, you cannot beat the price. You save about $20 buying them together.
on February 26, 2015
I travel for work every single week, and this is great. Everything is compact, contained, and easy to pack. The absolute best part of this set is the folding envelope... very possibly the most life-changing travel accessory EVER: packs 4-5 folded items (shirts, pants even jackets) compactly without wrinkling. The other pieces are nice, but the envelope makes the set.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: One SizeColor: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was skeptical when I first received these, but they definitely won me over. I tried these out on a week-long business trip (5 pair of pants, dress shirts, undershirts, underwear, and socks), and I only had a overhead-bin compliant carry-on bag. In addition, I was on the road and changed hotels every night (so I couldn't unpack during the trip). This system allowed me to easily pack all of this in my carry-on bag, but it kept it wrinkle-free and organized for my week living out of a suitcase.

1) Packing: The centerpiece of this collection is the garment folder. This allows you to easily pack a week's worth of shirts and pants within one bag. The instructions claim that 12 items can fit into this; I fit 10 and it was snug. I suspect 12 can fit, depending on the item type. The instructions were easy to follow, and basically fold a shirt like it is done in a department store. I put my undershirts and underwear in the medium bag, and my socks in the small back.
2) Luggage: Once these items were packed, I was able to place all 3 items in my standard carry-on sized luggage. I could have fit additional items in the suitcase (like shoes), but the only other item for my trip was my toiletries bag.
3) On-Trip: Since I was living out of my suitcase, I never unpacked during the week. I pulled the three zipped bags out of the suitcase, opened up the garment bag, and carefully removed the clothes needed for the day. I then zipped up the bag, and placed them back into the suitcase for the next day. The garments were lightly-wrinkled (probably due to how I packed them), but the wrinkles were quickly and easily removed with a single pass of the iron. In past trips (without this system), it took much more effort to remove wrinkles. I suspect I could eliminate the wrinkles by packing the clothes more carefully, following the provided instructions. Ideally, you would fold the clothes in order (to prevent you needing to "hunt" through the bag, decreasing the risk of creating additional wrinkles). However, I was able to pull a shirt from the middle of the bag without any difficulty.

If you are like me, you may balk at the price of this system. If price is a concern, consider purchasing the garment bag seperately (also available on Amazon). It is less-expensive, and is the most useful, unique aspect of this system (you can use simple plastic bags for the socks and underwear). However, if you are someone who spends money to check larger bags in order to pack for a week-long trip, consider this system as a worthwhile investment. It will pay for itself in just a couple of trips.

Construction: This is very lightweight, but appears to be surprisingly durable. I travel monthly, and will update my review after a couple more trips.