5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
We frequently travel to Malaysia and Russia over the Christmas/New Year period and as such need to pack both summer and winter gear.

Published 12 months ago by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars sounded great but terrible
when duffel is full, it does tip over. also the small handle that you see in picture is fabric - too small to lug well, and digs into hands - very very uncomfortable.
Published 3 months ago by SHARON J TENNANT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, December 19, 2013

I was looking for the lightest bag possible that would be just under the "oversized" luggage dimensions so that it could comfortably hold all my gear. Also, as we have family and friends in both countries, so we bring Christmas presents with us and they are sometimes bulky and/or heavy. Before this bag, I used my sister's Eagle Creek duffel with a split top that could break off into a backpack (can't remember the model but pretty big; bigger than the Switchback 26) and I had to pack 2 carry on suit cases (also at maximum size) in order to fit all my gear. This time, all that gear fit into this duffel! And I even decided to go all out and take with us our favourite throws to use on the plane as blankets since we dislike the normal wool blankets you get given and there was still space for more! I even took 4kg of honey for presents and my bag only weighed 20kg.

When not in use, this bag packs away into it's own carry bag that is about 28cm by 40cm by 10cm (for people looking to ship overseas using Shipitto etc; I used Amazon shipping which was super fast but the box it came in was quite oversized; the bag maybe took up 1/3 of the space). The width of the bag's wheel base is the length of the storage bag and it rolls up pretty tight. This also leads to the bags only draw back. Since it rolls away, it doesn't have a fixed spine and so if you pack unevenly either top heavy or heavier on 1 side, it tips over a bit when dragging. But a very minor con all things considered.

Hope this has been helpful :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Some Airline Size Limits, March 4, 2014
This is a great bag, however it exceeds the Airline size requirements (at least Delta and JetBlue). The height + width + depth limit for these airlines is 62 inches, this measures in at 65. I guess I could not pack it so full and cinch it down with the compression straps. But with a $75 (JetBlue) oversize fee, I don't want to take any chances. I going to use the large size which measures in at 59.1 inches. If it wasn't for that, I would given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., March 24, 2014
Serves its purpose very well. Easy to roll even if not very full. Good wheels. Will hold a seemingly endless amount of stuff. Good workmanship. I've owned an Eagle Creek roll-aboard for years, and it still looks and performs like new. The zippers are amazingly durable and never snag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best companion to travel in long journeys!, March 10, 2014
Excelent piece to carry inside other luggage when traveling in a long journey or when you know will make a lot of shopping. Quality is superb!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, June 23, 2014
I was able to stuff it full of gear, some of which with edges (not clothing or other easy-to-pack equipment), and although it looked like it would never close, the zipper did the job like a champ. once I closed the straps on the sides it felt like it was nice and secure. On top of that, despite being knocked around airlines for 3 days (of course it was lost the first time I used it), when it finally caught up with me, it looked like it just went for a ride in the trunk of my car (after it hadn't been cleaned for 2 years :-))

Very durable bag which can carry more than one would guess.
Just be ware of overweight...

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a duffle, with wheels, that compacts down ..., September 9, 2014
It's a duffle, with wheels, that compacts down to the smallest storage piece. If you have far to wheel it and can't carry the weight you can cram in there (which is a LOT), then you may not want it. It is unstable and flips often on uneven surfaces, curbs, steps, etc. Well worth it anyway for someone who can carry it as needed, because this duffle is durable and compacts down so small it's almost unnoticeable in storage.

1.0 out of 5 stars sounded great but terrible, September 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, big enough and small enough, September 4, 2014
R.S. (Miami, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
It has already gone on a trip, small enough when packed and big enough when unpacked, i use this as a secondary bag that i carry inside my main bag, for all the souvenirs and dirty clothes, strong enough to survive the handlers at the airport

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great alternative to pack in soft (clothes and such) shopping ..., November 21, 2014
This is a great alternative to pack in soft (clothes and such) shopping when travelling. These can easily fit inside another back as they fold into a relatively small pouch. You cant go wrong with such a great luggage brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lightweight bag, August 11, 2014
M. Bley (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Cannot beat this bag for being light allowing you to carry more stuff without paying overweight charge. Wheels make it easy to move around. Bag is soft shell, so put your breakables in the middle