5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bag.
I bought a bunch of Eagle Creek products for this year's RAGBRAI (a weeklong bike ride across Iowa) and loved them all. This bag is supposed to be for socks, but I decided to use it to carry all of the loose stuff that I need to set up my tent; tent pins, bungies, and a big ol' plastic mallet. Don't know how it does to carry socks, but this bag is perfect for carrying...
Published on August 5, 2010 by jung@heart

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems silly, but it's pretty helpful.
Really? A bag inside a bag? For socks?

For real. Bought this for a recent trip to Paris, and it was very nice having different types of garments all grouped together neatly for easy packing. This is relatively big for my socks, though, so I didn't feel like I was saving any space by using this. Unlike other cube sizes, this one doesn't seem quite as essential...
Published 22 months ago by Eric Prescott

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Saver, August 3, 2013
I use these little gems for packing clothes in my golf travel bag... Allows me to take a smaller carry on suitcase and save $
on checked baggage. Also use the larger Pack-Its for shirts/shorts, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock holder!, July 13, 2013
mreenrose (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Went away for 2 weeks and this tube was perfect for my socks. You could use it to keep any small items organized and together. I love these organizers for travel; I feel so happy when I open my luggage and everything is neat and organized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for packing, July 1, 2013
Joy Spite (Cincinnati, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This pack-it tube cube carried my underwear on a 2 week trip in England. It minimized having to look through my suitcase everyday for clean underwear. It was just the right size to fit among clothes in my suitcase.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for socks underwear, April 22, 2013
fits small ankle socks/dress socks well as well as trunk style underwear.
could be more compression like as these are undergarments, wrinkles aren't quite as important.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the weird shapes of carry-ons with wheels., April 19, 2013
Rather than stuffing the socks and underwear in that space where the handles collapse into, these tubes will help you keep your socks/underwear or anything you want to in a neat little container that is easily retrieved.

Keeping clothes by my bag is a way that I will not leave anything in drawers or hangers when checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, April 17, 2013
I travel more than 180 days in a year and the Eagle Creek products are great for organizing my bag. Great quality and rugged. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Gear..tube pack, March 20, 2012
This is the greatest way to pack your clothing...no more rummaging through my duffel bad,,all items are neatly together.
Very please with this product.
thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 24, 2011
I use various sizes of the Eagle Creek pack-its for travel. I also use the smaller ones daily for keeping cords organized in my backpack which carries my camera, laptop and iPad.
These are made from quality material and definitely make packing easier, more organized, and all around simpler for travel and daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T BEAT EAGLE CREEK, August 23, 2011
I bought a bunch of the packing cubes. They are GREAT. What more can I say. Everything is organized and easily transferred from one place to another. The Morroco color is lovely and looks good with the bark color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, long and thin packing aid: plenty of space, July 16, 2014
This cube won't fit in small day bags, but can slot into any decent sized book bag and upwards in terms of size. They can be used for a myriad of purposes - I use this size to pack two pairs of swimming shorts, and a rash vest, or a load of socks. It keeps it shape pretty well, but is also very flexible and soft. This means it collapses down flat and can even fold if needed. When full, I would think that three of them would fit in a normal book bag. I use this and half tube in the bottom of my max carry on Red Oxx Air Boss to act as a squishy base, with some firmness, on which to put things like my laptop or iPad.

HERE ARE MY MORE GENERAL COMMENTS ABOUT EAGLE CREEK PACKING CUBES
Packing cubes are a very useful way of giving simple structure to a large space in a bag and make travel a lot easier. I've gone back and forth on their merit but think they do serve a useful purpose. My main concern has been that they add weight and time to packing - another thing to carry and another zip to open to access anything. However, having a mini compartment not only keeps the internal structure of a bag neat, but also helps with unpacking and living out of a suitcase. It's great to be able to pull out a packing cube of cables and underwear and then suddenly be unpacked but still organised. They don't work for everything - I pack bulky items by themselves - but where you have a collection of small items they can really help.

Eagle Creek make the standard packing cubes. By this I don't mean ordinary but the ones by which others are judged. They are strong, good zips, sturdy handles, easy viewing of contents and great sizes. This particular cube is perhaps the most versatile. Yes it is small, which is limiting, but its dimensions make it fit in many different spaces and stack / tessellate in a myriad of ways. As such, it can be used to usefully store and move sets of items from suitcase to backpack to day bag to hotel drawers to a table.

There are more expensive and impressive packing cubes. Ones that are lighter, are waterproof, compress, have shoulder straps, or internal organization. But all of these are also more expensive. I think this range hits a good sweet spot of function, form, and price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›