4.0 out of 5 stars Picture is not accurate
The picture is not accurate. What you get are one large cube and two half cubes, not like the picture showing three different sizes.
Published 2 months ago by frankhsueh

3.0 out of 5 stars Stay under the weight limit but beware the bulkiness
These are great if your notorious for over packing, it helps you stay under the dreaded 50 pound limit. But they really do get bulky. I had to set these aside during my trip to make room for souvenirs, luckily they fold flat so they didn't take up much space when empty.
Published 11 days ago by Sophiejey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture is not accurate, May 12, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Small overall, seem good for child's gear or ultralight travel, June 1, 2014
vivid_blue (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Summary: Strong initial impression of quality; small sizes overall - plan accordingly; wish EC offered more than four colors, for color-coding.

Just received the 3-cube EC Pack-It set, which I ordered at the same time as a Travelwise 3-cube set. The Eagle Creek set is smaller overall, which works for me as I plan to use it for my 6yo's clothing for an upcoming multi-week, multi-stop trip.

- The largest cube (~10 x 14") is *roughly* the size of a large-format magazine, and 3" deep.
- The middle size (9" x 7") is about the size of a small cereal box, or slightly bigger than a guidebook (DK Eyewitness size, not Rick Steves).
- And the smallest cube (8 x 4") is about the size of a Jambox speaker or three iPhones in a row. (Why is this size info not available on Amazon's product page?? Also, just noticed than one of the Amazon reviews says they received one large and two half-cubes. I actually would've preferred that set.)

ETA: Went over to the Eagle Creek site and the items in this set are classifed as: cube, half-cube, quarter cube.

The interior seams are nicely finished and zippers work smoothly (there are double/two-way zippers for each bag, so you can open or close at any point along the opening). I hope to report back on the durability and stain resistance of the fabric/mesh after we get back from our trip, but for now it seems sturdy enough. The mesh is the same color as the fabric (vs. the Travelwise set which has black mesh). I'm pleased that the cubes did not have a strong plastic smell when I took them out of the package.

For a starter set I like the quality of the items, but wish the cube sizes were larger across the board or that there were two of the largest size and one small cube (rather than XS/S/M). Note that I am planning to use this to pack a (shared) family suitcase; I might find the current combination just perfect if I was trying to do one-bag travel for myself. (The largest EC cube is about the size of the Travelwise medium cube.)

Going forward I may add another cube (largest size in this set) or the double cube, which is available separately.

And just for the wish list, it would be great if Eagle Creek had more colors available for the Pack-It system beyond black, blue, green, red. (I ordered the Travelwise set because EC doesn't offer purple.) With multiple family members sharing a bag, it's nice to be able to color-code to other travel things we already own.

Will try to update once we get back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for staying organized, May 11, 2014
Nice construction, easy to see through. Perfect sizes for organizing items in suitcase. Lightweight and wash well in cold water

4.0 out of 5 stars Organized, April 30, 2014
Love the color and different sizes, the handles and the organization of the bags, the fact that you can wipe them clean. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 14, 2014
Helped keep my pack organized for a six week trip. They are made well. Would buy more items like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about buying another set for myself!, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Cube Set (Accessory)
I liked these so much that I think I just might get another set for myself! I feel so much more organized now that I have these cubes!!! Instead of shoving socks, bras, and undies into random places and having to search the whole suitcase for them they have their own little home now! Same for my shirts and pants- all in one little cube and extremely easy to get to.

The only issue that I saw with this set was that the small cube was just too small to carry my socks and panties for a week, so I got the half cube and it works like a charm! I wear mostly smalls and mediums (I'm 5'4") and all of my clothes fit very well in the cubes.. if I were packing this way for my boyfriend I do NOT think it would work well because he is very tall (6'5") and skinny, so his clothes are HUGE compared to mine. He doesn't even seem interested in the whole travel organization thing anyway, so it works out! :P

I would definitely recommend these lightweight cubes for anyone who travels domestically or internationally. We are going on a week vacation this summer and will be going via plane, so I will be putting my cubes in a normal 21" rollerboard. However, I am sure they would work very well in any luggage you have. The large cube is the hole width of my suitcase, the half-cube is just that and the small is about a quarter of the large.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like these pack-it cubes., April 7, 2014
These were just what I was expecting. I've used the pack-it cubes when traveling for what seems like 10 years now and this was a reorder. I still use my other ones, but now that I'm traveling with children I wanted more room. I like how they help me find what I'm looking for in my suitcase when traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me stay organized, June 3, 2014
This set helps me stay organized. No more digging through my luggage trying to find things. I use the smallest one to store all my cables and chargers for my electronic gear. I use the second biggest one for my socks and boxers. I use the largest one for my T-shirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Organizers, July 21, 2014
I loved all three sizes! I used the largest one for underwear and t-shirts, the medium ones for socks, wash cloths and other items. The best was the smallest cube which I put in my carry on with all my charges for devices as well as extra batteries and cards for the camera. All have mesh front so you know what is in each. Was great to just pull out the one I needed from the suitcase as my trip did not allow me to unpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesavers!, May 26, 2014
My boyfriend bought these to pack his clothes and toiletries for a backpacking trip and absolutely loved them. "Best purchase I've ever made" he says. They're super convenient, and they even compress your stuff a bit. Definitely recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›