4.0 out of 5 stars Picture is not accurate
The picture is not accurate. What you get are one large cube and two half cubes, not like the picture showing three different sizes.
Published 6 months ago by frankhsueh

1.0 out of 5 stars Toxic Smelling Containers
The smell of the material on the travel gear smells toxic and is very strong. The smell was overwhelming and 3 months later the smell hasn't gone away (just lessened some). There was no way I was going to put my clothes and items in these containers. I could barely be in the same room as the containers.
Published 3 months ago by M. powell

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture is not accurate, May 12, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Small overall, seem good for child's gear or ultralight travel, June 1, 2014
vivid_blue (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Summary: Strong initial impression of quality; small sizes overall - plan accordingly; wish EC offered more than four colors, for color-coding.

Just received the 3-cube EC Pack-It set, which I ordered at the same time as a Travelwise 3-cube set. The Eagle Creek set is smaller overall, which works for me as I plan to use it for my 6yo's clothing for an upcoming multi-week, multi-stop trip.

- The largest cube (~10 x 14") is *roughly* the size of a large-format magazine, and 3" deep.
- The middle size (9" x 7") is about the size of a small cereal box, or slightly bigger than a guidebook (DK Eyewitness size, not Rick Steves).
- And the smallest cube (8 x 4") is about the size of a Jambox speaker or three iPhones in a row. (Why is this size info not available on Amazon's product page?? Also, just noticed than one of the Amazon reviews says they received one large and two half-cubes. I actually would've preferred that set.)

ETA: Went over to the Eagle Creek site and the items in this set are classifed as: cube, half-cube, quarter cube.

The interior seams are nicely finished and zippers work smoothly (there are double/two-way zippers for each bag, so you can open or close at any point along the opening). I hope to report back on the durability and stain resistance of the fabric/mesh after we get back from our trip, but for now it seems sturdy enough. The mesh is the same color as the fabric (vs. the Travelwise set which has black mesh). I'm pleased that the cubes did not have a strong plastic smell when I took them out of the package.

For a starter set I like the quality of the items, but wish the cube sizes were larger across the board or that there were two of the largest size and one small cube (rather than XS/S/M). Note that I am planning to use this to pack a (shared) family suitcase; I might find the current combination just perfect if I was trying to do one-bag travel for myself. (The largest EC cube is about the size of the Travelwise medium cube.)

Going forward I may add another cube (largest size in this set) or the double cube, which is available separately.

And just for the wish list, it would be great if Eagle Creek had more colors available for the Pack-It system beyond black, blue, green, red. (I ordered the Travelwise set because EC doesn't offer purple.) With multiple family members sharing a bag, it's nice to be able to color-code to other travel things we already own.

Will try to update once we get back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about buying another set for myself!, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Cube Set (Accessory)
I liked these so much that I think I just might get another set for myself! I feel so much more organized now that I have these cubes!!! Instead of shoving socks, bras, and undies into random places and having to search the whole suitcase for them they have their own little home now! Same for my shirts and pants- all in one little cube and extremely easy to get to.

The only issue that I saw with this set was that the small cube was just too small to carry my socks and panties for a week, so I got the half cube and it works like a charm! I wear mostly smalls and mediums (I'm 5'4") and all of my clothes fit very well in the cubes.. if I were packing this way for my boyfriend I do NOT think it would work well because he is very tall (6'5") and skinny, so his clothes are HUGE compared to mine. He doesn't even seem interested in the whole travel organization thing anyway, so it works out! :P

I would definitely recommend these lightweight cubes for anyone who travels domestically or internationally. We are going on a week vacation this summer and will be going via plane, so I will be putting my cubes in a normal 21" rollerboard. However, I am sure they would work very well in any luggage you have. The large cube is the hole width of my suitcase, the half-cube is just that and the small is about a quarter of the large.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bag is rarely a perfect shape and sticking a bunch of cubes into it ..., October 16, 2014
Let's be real. A bag is rarely a perfect shape and sticking a bunch of cubes into it will not allow you to put more in the bag. These will, however, allow you to keep a lot more organized and help make sure you get the same items to fit every time with a lot less wrinkles.

There are a lot of complaints that these aren't as big as the eBags ones but to be honest, I think that Eagle Creek is targeting the more mobile traveler. A single large fills about half my Osprey Farpoint 40 pack so it's a much less flexible option for me. When I pack my 100L rolling duffel to check at the counter, I definitely reach for my large eBags cube but for a backpack, they're simply too big and the extra weight from the heavier cubes are just not worth it to me.

I normally travel with 2 full cubes, a half cube, and one or two quarter cubes depending on what I'm taking. I like the small ones for things like my running shorts/top and swim trunks because it keeps them separate from the rest of my clothes. I also use a compression stuff sack for socks and underwear since wrinkles are meaningless and I can get an extra few days' worth in there.

This setup has allowed me to pack a full 10 days into my Farpoint pack without having to wash clothes. I bring small trash bags and pack my clean and dirty clothes into the same cubes they came from by wrapping them in the bags. it's been a very efficient way to travel and I've never found myself needing more.

So if you are packing light and looking to maximize what you can fit into a backpack, get these. If you're packing for multiple people and/or into a huge suitcase, the ebags are more than likely what you need.

4.0 out of 5 stars the eBags were a better purchase! Here's why--the largest bag for Eagle Creek ..., July 18, 2014
I bought the Eagle Creek Packing cubes at first then purchased this set to compare before I order some more. I thought that this set of eBags were costly than the Eagle Creek but then I have not seen both of the orders yet. When they arrived, the eBags were a better purchase! Here's why--the largest bag for Eagle Creek is actually equivalent to the size and dimension of the medium eBag, while the medium Eagle Creek is equal to the smallest eBag packing cube. The Eagle Creek packing cubes is great just for tiny kids,toddlers or babies but not for Adult use especially if you have bulky clothes. If you roll your clothes up they will fit just fine with both Eagle Creek and eBags. In summary, the eBags are $3++ worth it than Eagle Creek Packing Cubes--both in price and capacity. I can't say much about the quality yet since I just bought them this week but in a few years, whichever lasts longer, I will come back and buy some more and give a feedback on its durability. I hope there are more color choices though. Note: I ironed some iron-on name tags on them with both Eagle Creek and eBags and they both didn't melt, burn or got deformed. P.S. I just cut and paste this review from my eBag review since I am comparing both products.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you travel and want to save space, packing cubes are your friend!, August 28, 2014
Zepy3 (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Took these guys all through Europe for nearly a month. They're stronger than you might think, hold more than you'd guess and keep your bag far more organized than you could ever hope for. If you're going on a trip with only a carry-on like I did I definitely recommend these guys as part of your overall packing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Organized, April 30, 2014
Love the color and different sizes, the handles and the organization of the bags, the fact that you can wipe them clean. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 14, 2014
Helped keep my pack organized for a six week trip. They are made well. Would buy more items like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for staying organized, May 11, 2014
Nice construction, easy to see through. Perfect sizes for organizing items in suitcase. Lightweight and wash well in cold water

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me stay organized, June 3, 2014
This set helps me stay organized. No more digging through my luggage trying to find things. I use the smallest one to store all my cables and chargers for my electronic gear. I use the second biggest one for my socks and boxers. I use the largest one for my T-shirts.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Cube Set